HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=942025)

jonesin 4 jones 07-02-2011 10:57 PM

2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread
 
I guess I'll be the one to create this thread as I know it'll be created at some point anyways.

I'm mostly posting this to ask a question though. My question is, What do the Monster's lines look like? What are the holes the organization still has to fill to ice a full team in Cleveland?

Pirate Deadpool 07-02-2011 11:01 PM

With the overflow of 3rd and 4th liners on the avs, surely the monsters will be stacked.

Cypher 07-02-2011 11:30 PM

Just need some goalies. Both goalies from last year are UFA: Grahame and Bacashihua. Should bring in 1 or 2 of: Cedrick Desjardins, Anton Khubodin, Mike Brodeur.

Jeff_Dyck_#1 07-03-2011 05:16 AM

xx G
35 G T. Cann

2 D J. Chouinard
3 D C. Gaunce
5 D D. Liffiton
6 D J. Holos
10 D K. Cumiskey
44 D T. Gawryletz
46 D T. Barry

7 R D. van der Gulik
12 L K. Porter
14 C M. Carman
15 R Z. Cohen
16 L J. Mercier
20 L G. Mauldin
23 R M. Ford
29 C R. Stoa
38 C J. Hishon
40 C M. Olver
45 R L. Walker
58 L P. Bordeleau
xx L B. Malone

Jeff_Dyck_#1 07-03-2011 05:25 AM

Chouinard Gaunce

Liffiton Holos

Cumiskey Barry

Gawryletz
_________________________________

van der Gulik Olver Mauldin

Stoa Hishon Porter

Malone Carman Ford

Bordeleau Mercier Walker

Cohen

TheStranger 07-03-2011 06:48 AM

Don't know much about the AHL, but is a team full of 3/4 liners from the NHL really a stacked AHL team? Aren't the "stars" of the league usually young guys proving themselves before going to the NHL or guys like Stoa who aren't really 3rd liners but can't cut it in the NHL top 6?

Having 4 lines of Mauldin - Porter - Van Der Gulik probably isn't going to lead to a whole lot of success.

That said, if Colorado stays healthy, Stoa, Olver, Hishon should all be "stars" for them I would guess.

CB Joe 07-03-2011 07:58 AM

Just a guess.

Olver - Hishon - Malone
Stoa - Porter - Mauldin
Cohen - Carmen - van Der Gulik
Bordeleau - Mercier - Walker
-
Liffiton - Barrie/Elliott
Gaunce - Holos
Chouinard - X
-
X
Cann

NWAvsFan 07-03-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 34580727)
Don't know much about the AHL, but is a team full of 3/4 liners from the NHL really a stacked AHL team? Aren't the "stars" of the league usually young guys proving themselves before going to the NHL or guys like Stoa who aren't really 3rd liners but can't cut it in the NHL top 6?

Having 4 lines of Mauldin - Porter - Van Der Gulik probably isn't going to lead to a whole lot of success.

That said, if Colorado stays healthy, Stoa, Olver, Hishon should all be "stars" for them I would guess.

When you take into account that Stoa, Porter, Hishon, and Olver are more suited fro top 6 play but couldn't supplant any of our current top 6 yes. Those 4 should light it up in the AHL. The defence is pretty much the same although I think you would see Cumiskey traded before being sent down. When your defense could look like:

Gaunce-Elliott
Holos-Barrie
Chouinard-Liffiton

You are going to be solid. The Monsters go after a proven AHL #1 journeyman and I think they have a Calder Cup team unless injuries ravage the Avs.

R S 07-03-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cypher (Post 34573781)
Just need some goalies. Both goalies from last year are UFA: Grahame and Bacashihua. Should bring in 1 or 2 of: Cedrick Desjardins, Anton Khubodin, Mike Brodeur.

Khudobin signed with Boston on July 1

Bubba Thudd 07-03-2011 10:31 AM

My vote goes to Cedrick Desjardins.

R S 07-03-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 34584683)
My vote goes to Cedrick Desjardins.

Me too, but I doubt it happens.

Foppa Frossa 07-03-2011 10:40 AM

Is Hishon eligible to play for the Monsters next season? I thought he was about a month too young.

R S 07-03-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk (Post 34584995)
Is Hishon eligible to play for the Monsters next season? I thought he was about a month too young.

He's pro eligible.

WarriorOfGandhi 07-03-2011 11:47 AM

I had high hopes (well, moderate hopes) for Justin Mercier...now it looks doubtful that he'll get another shot at the bigs

TheStranger 07-03-2011 12:58 PM

Avs should just bring Aittokalio over to play in Lake Erie.

Not sure if that's possible though based on whatever contract he has in Europe. Read in another thread he could be loaned out to another team(obviously within the same league)

niwotsblessing 07-04-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 34592589)
Avs should just bring Aittokalio over to play in Lake Erie.

Not sure if that's possible though based on whatever contract he has in Europe. Read in another thread he could be loaned out to another team(obviously within the same league)

He may not be old enough to play in LEM.

iceberg 07-04-2011 08:04 AM

I'm curious to see who will we sign to be the top AHL goalie, because that guy will probably end up playing some games for us, given Varly's and Giggy's injurie history.

TwoPadStack 07-04-2011 08:08 AM

Do the Cann-Cann.

TheStranger 07-04-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niwotsblessing (Post 34628445)
He may not be old enough to play in LEM.

Bah this is true, I was thinking he was 20 in August but he's only turning 19.

Helton4Hall 07-04-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 34580727)
Don't know much about the AHL, but is a team full of 3/4 liners from the NHL really a stacked AHL team? Aren't the "stars" of the league usually young guys proving themselves before going to the NHL or guys like Stoa who aren't really 3rd liners but can't cut it in the NHL top 6?

Having 4 lines of Mauldin - Porter - Van Der Gulik probably isn't going to lead to a whole lot of success.

That said, if Colorado stays healthy, Stoa, Olver, Hishon should all be "stars" for them I would guess.

Yes. Players like Ryan Stoa, Mark Olver, Greg Maudlin and David Van der Gulik are quality LEM forwards.

had they played the whole season at least a couple of these guys would have hit 30 goals in the A.

Even freaking TJ Hensick is an AHL superstar. last couple years he's been well over a PPG.

TheStranger 07-04-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailbait (Post 34636591)
Yes. Players like Ryan Stoa, Mark Olver, Greg Maudlin and David Van der Gulik are quality LEM forwards.

had they played the whole season at least a couple of these guys would have hit 30 goals in the A.

Even freaking TJ Hensick is an AHL superstar. last couple years he's been well over a PPG.

Hensick and Stoa are a lot a like. Not so much in style I guess, but in that they are AHL stars and can't even crack an NHL lineup. A lot of guys like that I guess.

NWAvsFan 07-04-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 34641581)
Hensick and Stoa are a lot a like. Not so much in style I guess, but in that they are AHL stars and can't even crack an NHL lineup. A lot of guys like that I guess.

Stoa hasn't really achieved AHL star status in my mind. He has shown flashes but his long stretch in Lake Erie last season didn't produce at a star level early on. He caught fire late in his stay there so the hope is that he was starting to "get it."

CAF1837 07-04-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 34634291)
Bah this is true, I was thinking he was 20 in August but he's only turning 19.

The AHL minimum age is 18 years old for ANY player not coming from the CHL.
Aittokallio would be eligible to play this year, were he to come over.

Helton4Hall 07-04-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 34641581)
Hensick and Stoa are a lot a like. Not so much in style I guess, but in that they are AHL stars and can't even crack an NHL lineup. A lot of guys like that I guess.

There are lots of those guys.

KHaosActual 07-04-2011 09:01 PM

I wouldn't mind see a Cash and Cann combo in Lake Erie, can't really think of any UFA goalies out there. Cedrick Desjardins would be also great, had some good stats last season, but that makes me wonder why he hasn't signed as of yet with anyone. Especially that Tampa went and signed Garon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.