HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Proposal: Oilers as trading partners (merged) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=942697)

Gobo 07-03-2011 06:01 PM

Oilers as trading partners (merged)

Brandon Dubinsky would be the perfect player to add to the Oilers. I know he's well liked here, but a lot of Oilers fans are curious as to what it would take.

Starting Offer: Gagner + Gilbert.

BlueshirtBlitz 07-03-2011 06:05 PM

Probably would never happen. We need wingers now to play with Brad Richards and Artem Anisimov is shaping up to be a good 2/3 center, with Stepan also looking like he'll be able to be that, so Gagner doesn't really fit.

Florida Ranger 07-03-2011 06:05 PM

Dubinsky for 2012 1st Round Pick and future considerations. :sarcasm:

CH2 07-03-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobo (Post 34606115)
Brandon Dubinsky would be the perfect player to add to the Oilers. I know he's well liked here, but a lot of Oilers fans are curious as to what it would take.

I like Gagner but I'm not a fan of Gilbert.

GarretJoseph* 07-03-2011 06:06 PM

Proposal: No more proposals with Dubinsky, Staal or Callahan going the other way.

Rangerfan4life90 07-03-2011 06:07 PM

Thread scared me for a second. I thought Dubi really got traded to the Oilers.

truebluegoalie 07-03-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 (Post 34606381)
Thread scared me for a second. I thought Dubi really got traded to the Oilers.

lol, I thought the same thing, my eyes hadn't adjusted to the screen and I didn't see the "proposal" in the different light green front.

Florida Ranger 07-03-2011 06:09 PM

Deal seems pretty fair for both teams.

I wouldn't do it though.

Gobo 07-03-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH2 (Post 34606299)
I like Gagner but I'm not a fan of Gilbert.

Omark? Smid?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 34606355)
Proposal: No more proposals with Dubinsky, Staal or Callahan going the other way.

:laugh:

Must get frustrating. I'm curious though, great player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA (Post 34606469)
Deal seems pretty fair for both teams.

I wouldn't do it though.

What would make you want to do it?

Florida Ranger 07-03-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobo (Post 34606561)
What would make you want to do it?

Instead of Gilbert, give me a 2nd round pick. I might do that.

I might be pushing it, but I love Dubi's game. Dude brings everything. He's a part of our core. I'm not for the idea of picking it apart unless it was a somewhat lopsided deal for us.

x BEUKEBOOM x 07-03-2011 06:19 PM

MPS 1for1

Dont like it? We don't want to trade someone called a "cornerstone" by more then one managment figure for less.

MPS has more offensive potential but Dubinsky's style of play makes up for the difference in point production plus Edm is so stacked with skill that it wouldn't hurt them to lose an MPS type player to add a player type they don't currently have who isn't that far off a drop in point production to cry over it.

Not trying to be harsh and I personally wouldn't unrealistically ask for Hall, Eberle, RNH. MPS might be a bit of an overpayment but not by much maybe Dubinsky and a D prospect like Valentenko or a pick if Edm was persistant.

Nekz 07-03-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truebluegoalie (Post 34606451)
lol, I thought the same thing, my eyes hadn't adjusted to the screen and I didn't see the "proposal" in the different light green front.

Jeez same here. I don't think that now would be time to trade Dubinsky unless we are the ones getting over paid for him. Duby's value will only go up as time goes on and he fits the mold of this team perfectly. You don't trade away a player that is a big piece of your team when you are finally getting solid structure going, like we are. If only our defensive core were all a few years older, I think we would have a damn scary team to be up against. The team is forming and trading away pieces is not the way to go at the moment. The Duby, AA, Cally line showed very, very good glimpses of what the three of them are capable of during last season, and the chemistry there is growing as well.

Swept In Seven 07-03-2011 06:21 PM

Not trading Dubi

CH2 07-03-2011 06:21 PM

Girardi for MPS. I know it has little to do with the actually OP but I want to gauge interest.

xxxZENxxx 07-03-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA (Post 34606285)
Dubinsky for 2012 1st Round Pick and future considerations. :sarcasm:

Love the return, being that it should be a lottery pick, but no reason to deal Dubi yet.

NYRSchrute217 07-03-2011 06:23 PM

Seems like Gagner's progress has stalled in the last three years from what I've seen.

Really don't want to breakup the core unless we have to for an elite 1st line LW. We need to add to our team not break it up.

Hottubber 07-03-2011 06:24 PM

Stepan and Ani are already better then Gagner.

Trxjw 07-03-2011 06:29 PM

With the addition of Richards, we've improved our depth at center considerably. We're strong on defense as well. Dealing away the guy who will likely be our #1 LW to start the year doesn't make much sense unless we're upgrading that position in the process.

SERE 24 07-03-2011 06:41 PM

Pretty sure I just witnessed several Oilers fans posting "Gagner sucks" in the trade section just yesterday and I know you guys have been disappointed with Gilbert for a while now. On the contrary, we love Dubinsky and are quite happy to keep him, especially when his extension will likely just cost what you guys are paying Gilbert. No need to send you Dubinsky for 6.5M of mediocrity in return.

vipernsx 07-03-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobo (Post 34606115)

We're not taking salary dumps like Gilbert and Horcoff those players have negative value to the deals.

Dubinsky is younger and better then Penner. Think about what Edmonton received for Penner, who is a UFA after this year. Dubinsky is an RFA with a QO now, with a certainly easily signable longer term deal, but who knows. At least this year, on the QO.

Based on Penner trade:
Gagne, 1st, 2nd
for
Dubinsky

Would be fair value, though I'd rather have Dubinsky. Rangers are going places this year and it doesn't make sense for them to break the team up.

McDonaghisGod 07-03-2011 06:59 PM

At least he didn't offer Cogliano. That nonsense has gotten old.

Vitto79 07-03-2011 07:01 PM

its a no regardless of what was offered. Just not going to happen

JeffMangum 07-03-2011 07:03 PM

The Rangers can't trade Dubinsky right now; not that they even want to trade him at all.

He currently is the team's only true top-6 left winger -- Wolski is there, but he's a complete question mark and headcase. They can't go into the season with a LW depth of Wolski, Fedotenko, Hagelin, and Avery (Jesus Christ is that horrendously bad). The only way the Rangers would even consider trading Dubinsky is:

a) If they got back an upgrade at LW
b) The player(s) they were acquiring were just too good to say no to

Neither of those apply to a package of Gilbert and Gagner; Gilbert, as a player, would help the roster, but for his cap hit and recent performance, he isn't a very attractive option as it is. The Rangers can't be a paying a guy 4M+ to log 3rd pairing minutes. As for Gagner; they just don't need him. The current center depth is Richards, Anisimov, Stepan, and Boyle/Rupp -- where does Gagner fit in? I, personally, think his future is on RW, and even there, the Rangers have Gaborik, Callahan, Zuccarello, and Prust. Gagner does absolutely nothing for this team.

A realistic package from the Oil that might be considered for Dubinsky is Paajarvi+ -- and I don't think this would benefit the Oilers futuristically. I am not as enamored with Dubinsky as most of my fanbase is, and I believe Paajarvi to have Hossa-lite potential. The Oilers would just be better off developing their own Dubinsky-type player in Anton Lander.

turcotte8 07-03-2011 07:08 PM

Taylor Hall

DrSutton* 07-03-2011 07:12 PM

MPS + 1st 2012