HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   OT: How many of you used to post on the old washcaps.com board? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=943311)

NewClearWinter 07-04-2011 11:01 AM

How many of you used to post on the old washcaps.com board?

I'm just curious to see how many posters used to post on the old Capitals board off washcaps.com. It used to be a lively board around up to around 2006, but then nhl.com neutered it, took away the off topic section, and it has become a shell of what it once was.

I was mostly a lurker, but my old name was Boonestone with a King Crimson avatar:yo:. Any other old posters out there?

HSHS 07-04-2011 11:30 AM

Nearly all of us who've been here since the lockout.

My old handle was LWLock. I didn't post much.

IafrateOvie34 07-04-2011 11:47 AM

I was on it back when the site first started and quit using it about 2001. I would check it every so often, but found most of the stuff not very good. I used the ESPN forum frequently from 1998 to 2002 and loved that, but spammers, trolls, and ESPN ruined it. I hardly even bother to check the current washingtoncaps.com forums now, except for TDL, Draft, and UFA time. I had an account here back then too, but I forgot my login info and it is most likely lost since that was over 10 years ago. I seem to remember this site had lots of Islander fans and now it is mostly Leaf fans. Is there any other Caps forums other than here and the official Caps site?

IafrateOvie34 07-04-2011 11:49 AM

Before those other forums, I used to be on Prodigy back in 1991 through 1994.

Fallschirmyager 07-04-2011 12:17 PM

I was on those boards with a similar name.

bonzilla 07-04-2011 12:30 PM

Guilty!...and the old espn.

XDC-RES 07-04-2011 12:37 PM

I was there with the same name.

CapitalsCupFantasy 07-04-2011 02:52 PM

I read, but the mood there was unbearable for me, so I stopped visiting...

EYEuhFRAYtee 07-04-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSHS (Post 34635723)
Nearly all of us who've been here since the lockout.

My old handle was LWLock. I didn't post much.

This clears up a lot - I thought you were HSHS from the OBs heh.

Same nick here as on the OBs - don't post over there and hardly ever check them out now though.

txpd 07-04-2011 03:02 PM

never did. used the aol caps board for a while before finding this place. always heard the official boards were nuts

EYEuhFRAYtee 07-04-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd (Post 34645675)
never did. used the aol caps board for a while before finding this place. always heard the official boards were nuts

You think people here have issues - nothing like the old OBs. Then toss in an "Anything but Hockey" forum where the political wars took place.

FrankM73 07-04-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IafrateWasGod (Post 34645751)
You think people here have issues - nothing like the old OBs. Then toss in an "Anything but Hockey" forum where the political wars took place.

Posted under the same name on the old boards and wow, the haterade was out of control back then...

much more passive now on the CI article postings and here...

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 07-04-2011 03:24 PM

I lurked, but didn't post more than half a dozen times. I couldn't even tell you my username.

Once I found these boards, that was it for me over there. They were often unbearable. Those boards were like a collection of all the worst that you see on these boards.

Tomppav 07-04-2011 03:37 PM

I think the first boards for me were ESPN and WashPost around 97-2001. If I remember correct I posted there as FinnCapsfan. I've been on OB too, but left it because it became quite an annoying board when Ovie joined the team and bandwagoners woke up.

mitchdisaster 07-04-2011 07:42 PM

i was there. same username. Stopped posting shortly before the changeover to the NHL style board. Had some fun with the PCOI guys, other than that it was a lot of yelling, trolling, and very cliquey

usiel 07-04-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchdisaster (Post 34656619)
i was there. same username. Stopped posting shortly before the changeover to the NHL style board. Had some fun with the PCOI guys, other than that it was a lot of yelling, trolling, and very cliquey

They still have those PCOI pickup games? I played a bunch of those games early on but its been a couple of years I think.

pga5 07-04-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomppav (Post 34647355)
I think the first boards for me were ESPN and WashPost around 97-2001. If I remember correct I posted there as FinnCapsfan. I've been on OB too, but left it because it became quite an annoying board when Ovie joined the team and bandwagoners woke up.

Became? It was annoying long before 2005.You'd think the Capitals had the Montreal Canadiens history.

In the late 90's, Ted issued laptops to some players and coaches. Occasionally, they would post on the OB. I remember asking Tim Hunter about a fight he had with Dale Hunter where he ended up stealing Dale's sweater. He actually talked to Dale about it and he posted they had gotten a good laugh out of it. That was pretty cool.

Some Buffalo fans abused Steve Konowalchuk after he wrecked Mike Peca. Afterwards, the players insisted on being paid to post on the boards. End of experiment.

Portable Mink 07-04-2011 08:39 PM

i was there before it got re-started and you had to sign up again!

benjiman99 was my name.

remember Sapper was a weird dude.
Hockey Critter was lovely as was Sparrow.

i remember the Crimson King dude!

blokeyhighlander 07-04-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 (Post 34636483)
I was on it back when the site first started and quit using it about 2001. I would check it every so often, but found most of the stuff not very good. I used the ESPN forum frequently from 1998 to 2002 and loved that, but spammers, trolls, and ESPN ruined it. I hardly even bother to check the current washingtoncaps.com forums now, except for TDL, Draft, and UFA time. I had an account here back then too, but I forgot my login info and it is most likely lost since that was over 10 years ago. I seem to remember this site had lots of Islander fans and now it is mostly Leaf fans. Is there any other Caps forums other than here and the official Caps site?

The Bumper Boards and Japer's Rink tend to have a bunch of STH.

Ovechkins Wodka 07-04-2011 09:00 PM

i did but to many posters who didnt know hockey so came over here.

mrwarden 07-04-2011 09:01 PM

I think I joined there roughly, give or take, the same time I registered here, saw it sucked and posted maybe twice.

mitchdisaster 07-04-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usiel (Post 34657093)
They still have those PCOI pickup games? I played a bunch of those games early on but its been a couple of years I think.

Most of the people left and went to bumperboards, I lost touch with everyone. Were you MD or VA? I was MD.

IafrateOvie34 07-04-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blokeyhighlander (Post 34659081)
The Bumper Boards and Japer's Rink tend to have a bunch of STH.

Nice and thanks. I just registered with the bumper forums. Yet another bookmark :).

MugCostanza 07-04-2011 09:33 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Chimaera 07-04-2011 10:38 PM

I posted there a decent bit. mainly in the hockey side.

I bailed about the time it started to devolve into that Semin loving girl's threads and her male admirers. Throw in the just random crap, and it was down hill fast.