HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Value of: Brendan Morrow to Vancouver (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=943571)

Al Swearengen 07-04-2011 04:30 PM

Value of: Brendan Morrow to Vancouver

Brendan Morrow would look pretty sweet sidling up to Kesler, and Dallas is looking at a rebuild with Richards leaving town. What would it take to get Morrow to the wet coast?

GCM 07-04-2011 04:36 PM

Unlike some teams I think Dallas understands that a rebuild does not consist of a team entirely of rookies.

You need veterans too.

I'm certain their Captain Brendan Morrow is among the veterans they'd like to keep.

It would probably take a lot. Schroeder + Tanev plus a roster player probably. Gives them a C and D prospect and someone they can use immediately.

I don't think Gillis gives up that package for Morrow.

Al Swearengen 07-04-2011 04:38 PM

He's they're captain, but to be fair, they have lots of vets on that team. Lots of leaders? Maybe not, but lots of vets.
You think they'd take picks?

Ogi1Kenobi 07-04-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 34647071)
Brendan Morrow would look pretty sweet sidling up to Kesler, and Dallas is looking at a rebuild with Richards leaving town. What would it take to get Morrow to the wet coast?

Dallas management loves Morrow too much. If they were rebuilding, I think they give up Daley, Robidas, and Ribeiro, and keep Morrow.

Xander Crews 07-04-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 34647389)
He's they're captain, but to be fair, they have lots of vets on that team. Lots of leaders? Maybe not, but lots of vets.
You think they'd take picks?

Well sure they would take picks... but its gonna be ALOT of them.

Really Morrow is not going anywhere. Hes a fan fav, a great player, likes being there, has a good contract, etc , etc.

There is really no reason Dallas would want him gone. So it would have to be an over payment.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode 07-04-2011 04:44 PM

They need some top 4 2-way defenseman badly, and if you move one of yours after losing erhoff that wouldn't be good. should of overpayed for cole;)

Ollie Weeks 07-04-2011 04:45 PM

Nice avatar

arsmaster 07-04-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT (Post 34647635)
They need some top 4 2-way defenseman badly, and if you move one of yours after losing erhoff that wouldn't be good. should of overpayed for cole;)

There is a difference in overpaying for Cole (a complimentary player) and Morrow (a heart and soul leader).

Morrow is signed for less and is a considerably better hockey player.

Montreal is going to be sad when Cole sucks.

thestonedkoala 07-04-2011 04:51 PM

If Dallas is rebuilding (I think they are); Hodgson/Schroeder, 1st and a defenseman?

Fire Julien 07-04-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsmaster (Post 34647769)
There is a difference in overpaying for Cole (a complimentary player) and Morrow (a heart and soul leader).

Morrow is signed for less and is a considerably better hockey player.

Montreal is going to be sad when Cole sucks.

The Canucks managed to do even worse, they signed Marco Sturm.

Al Swearengen 07-04-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks (Post 34647683)
Nice avatar

Hey brother.

Al Swearengen 07-04-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin (Post 34648113)

Lol, time will tell, he might be great on the 3rd.

Barney Gumble 07-04-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

One year contract vs multi-year deal in the case of Cole but don't let those facts get in your way when making comparisons. If he stinks, he goes on waivers as soons as Mason Raymond comes off of I/R. Contract is gone at the end of the season - so who cares unless you're the owner.

I personally didn't much of the signing but I'd rather have his contract than Cole's.

HatchtrickBateman 07-04-2011 05:25 PM

Ah I never want to see morrow leave dallas. Tough to say what it would take

Al Swearengen 07-04-2011 05:28 PM

No one wants to see Morrow leave - all class. But it can't be that impossible, can it?

Xander Crews 07-04-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 34649433)
No one wants to see Morrow leave - all class. But it can't be that impossible, can it?

Obviously its not impossible, its just not realistic. There is less then 0 reason to move him so in order to get him Dallas needs a no brainer offer. Problem is why would the Nucks want to make an offer that good? It probably wouldnt help their team.

Brand New Stars 07-04-2011 07:27 PM

Unstable ownership does not mean rebuild. Why would Dallas sign Ryder if they're rebuilding? Other teams fans need to stop acting like they know what is going on with Dallas.

arsmaster 07-04-2011 07:48 PM

Not offering their best player an extension shows how intent the Stars are on winning.

Ryder?

Goligoski for Neal and Niskanen.

Doesnt exactly scream - "looking to compete now".

Why not flog your captain, who probably wouldnt mind a chance at a cup for some youth and picks.

They dont exactly have a team that strikes fear into any in the West.

HatchtrickBateman 07-04-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsmaster (Post 34654727)
Not offering their best player an extension shows how intent the Stars are on winning.

Ryder?

Why not flog your captain, who probably wouldnt mind a chance at a cup for some youth and picks.

Lol joke's on you, nisky's not that good. And as much as I liked Neal, Gogo has been more than worth it.

Also everybody seems to forget (or just not have a clue about the Stars) that Richards said many times that he likely wouldn't re-sign with dallas unless the ownership situation was solved by july 1st..soooo why even offer someone a contract when they already said they wont be returning?

MetalGodAOD 07-04-2011 08:06 PM

We did this thread last week:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=934931

Boondock 07-04-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Neither Cole or Sturm are the picture of health, but they are the same age, Sturm signed for 1 year @ 2.25, Cole signed for 4 years @ 4.5 per. Sturm has 9 - 20+ goal seasons, Cole has 4. All in all I'd rather take the 1 year risk at half price thank you very much.

ronaldo123 07-04-2011 09:34 PM

The max Vancouver would offer is:
Raymond, hodgson, samuelsson, 2nd

Brand New Stars 07-04-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsmaster (Post 34654727)

Ryder?

As stated above, Richards wouldn't sign without stable ownership so why bother

Ryder was an important player on the Stanley Cup winning team

Goligoski outperformed both Neal and Niskanen from the trade forward. Big time. Plus the Stars dealt from a position of strength for their weakness

Wanna try again little buddy?

CorsiCounter 07-04-2011 10:46 PM

I see Morrow as a guy that has too much dignity to dive and whine.

YogiCanucks 07-04-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks (Post 34647683)
Nice avatar

This is how much value Brendam Morrow has to Vancouver