HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Congrats from a Rangers fan on signing Jagr... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=943877)

Jumbo* 07-04-2011 09:54 PM

Congrats from a Rangers fan on signing Jagr...

Mods you can merge if you please but I just wanted to quickly congratulate you guys...

You guys are going to LOVE him. This isnt the same immature jagr you guys heard about back in his Pens and especially his Capital days, when he came to the Rangers after the lockout he was pretty much a new guy..

Guy backchecks, and he plays his hardest pretty much all the time. Your going to love his interviews because he is so down to earth and loves to joke around with the media. Pretty much after a win, if they interview him, your going to be left with a smile on your face. If you lose, he will tell it as it is, and he will let you know what needs to change and he will blame himself, he doesn't put it on other players.

Leadership and clutch, yup thats him also. Wait till the 3rd period when your down by a goal, Jagr doesn't disappear on you. He shows up and does everything he can to tie the game up.

Sure he's a bit older now, but anyone who has watched him in the Olympics and in the WCs knows he still had more skill then 95% of the league and it still shows..

So in closing, as a ranger fan, im extremely jealous that you guys got him. Your going to love him and when its all said and done i know he will be re-signed to an extension soon after the season is over.

Enjoy him guys, and dont even bother listening to jealous Pens fans or bitter Cap fans about him...pretty much 90% of Ranger fans love the guy and if the Ranger dont win the cup next season, I am praying to see you guys win it so I can see #68 lift the cup..

FlyerX 07-04-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch (Post 34661351)
Sure he's a bit older now, but anyone who has watched him in the Olympics and in the WCs knows he still had more skill then 95% of the league and it still shows..

The guy was always a tank on skates, a really great power winger which is a really big need for us. He never really relied on great speed, so even if he's a half step slower, I don't think it will hurt him much. I've seen his hilite reel from those WC tourneys and watched his Olympics. He can still play.

Cleary84 07-04-2011 10:03 PM

Pretty cool to hear, but I'm hoping he does treat this signing like he did the one with your Rangers and not just some quick paycheck. Personally, I think the signing was a good one (maybe not cap hit wise) for the sake of our younger forwards. Jagr is a legend, and if he takes the team seriously, nothing but good things will rub off on guys like JVR, Giroux, Voracek and Schenn.

Appreciate the incite from a rival!

Alvvays 07-04-2011 10:04 PM

Jagr was always a treat to watch. He's aged, but he's still as strong as an oxen.

I think he and Giroux will be a magical combo. The puck control and playmaking skills of those two are out of this world.

Jumbo* 07-04-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 34661709)
Jagr was always a treat to watch. He's aged, but he's still as strong as an oxen.

I think he and Giroux will be a magical combo. The puck control and playmaking skills of those two are out of this world.

Your 100% right BB, those two will really be a treat to watch if they play together...the young and the old. You guys are in for a treat. Hell so am i, I cant wait to see him again in the NHL!

FlyerX 07-04-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 34661709)

That's the line I do want to see: JVR-Giroux-Jagr

Bob Clarke Fan Club 07-05-2011 10:23 AM

Thanks Rangers fans for the insight, I'd always thought he looked like a much more complete player in his Ranger years as well. He looked a few years younger in the International tournaments also, outside of the big Ovy hit. Guy's been getting too much bad press for taking the Flyers offer, Pretty sure if I'm Jagr I wouldn't even urinate on a 1 year 2 mill offer.

JanErixon20 07-05-2011 11:48 AM

I loved Jagr on the Rangers, he and Lundqvist brought hockey back to MSG after the lockout. But I won't go as far as to say I'll be praying the Flyers win the Cup if the Rangers don't because of Jagr. Lets come back to earth.

Beef Invictus 07-05-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 34662255)
That's the line I do want to see: JVR-Giroux-Jagr

This is the only full line so far that I really want.

PhillyFlying 07-05-2011 12:32 PM

what are we more likely to see? jvr-giroux-jagr & hartnell-briere-voracek or jvr-giroux-voracek & hartnell-briere-jagr? there's upsides to both, but i think it'd prefer to see jagr on briere's right. he's an upgrade over leino and he'll take over babysitting duties in the defensive zone. jvr-giroux-jagr admittedly sounds like an excellent PP line, though.

JLHockeyKnight 07-05-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 34678717)
This is the only full line so far that I really want.

It will be great that the Flyers have 2 solid lines in this and the HBL line.

Hey, wait a second...:sarcasm:

But agreed, I hope the JVR-Giroux-Jagr combo syncs up, cause if so, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.