HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   OHL Prospects - Import Draft Review (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=944551)

Brock 07-05-2011 04:30 PM

OHL Prospects - Import Draft Review

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...ft-review.html

Still waiting on some stuff from a Swedish (Olden, Mattsson, Rensveldt, Schumacher) and Swiss (Richard) contact. I will update when I get it.

For now, enjoy. Hopefully it gives you some good information about what to expect from your new Import players.

johnnydrum 07-05-2011 05:19 PM

Absaloutly brilliant reading. Was searching for more info , and you always come up trumps for me!
Great Job!

PacoSanchez15 07-06-2011 03:17 PM

It sounds like Malenkikh will be reporting, at least to the fall training camp. He was quoted as saying the following after the import draft:

Quote:

"Very very happy Iím selected by Team Greyhounds from Ontario league- Sounds great!
Time difference in Russia with Canada and i wasn't following events of Import Draft unfortunately.
My hockey dreams this season came true!
Very lucky year at Drafts khl and especially with chl quite surprising but believe it's great job done by people around me.
Now 11-12 season go to the North America to work hard with my new team and hopefully later to get chance with NHL Draft 2012.
With the current logjam on D that the Hounds have he won't likely draw into the lineup every night, at least not right away unless he has a good camp. Will that affect his decision to stay? Maybe.

As for Elsner, Dubas was in contact with Nashville before and at the NHL draft and was told the plan was to have him come over and play a year in the OHL.

CharlieGirl 07-06-2011 09:39 PM

Thanks Brock - I knew nothing of the kid Kitchener drafted. Sounds like he could be fun to watch!

Loosie 07-06-2011 11:10 PM

Anxiously awaiting your Swede updates as I've heard that the Golaie that Sudbury picked up could be a good one.

HF_Rangers 07-07-2011 01:05 AM

Good read as usual, though Erie's Vladimir Tkachkev is actually a late-1993 (Oct. 5 instead of May 10) so his first draft will be in 2012.

Brock 07-15-2011 06:38 AM

Added some additional info on Khlopotov, Malenkikh and Tkachev.

The stuff on Tanner Richard should be in my hands sometime this weekend.

Still waiting on the Swedish guys.

Brock 07-16-2011 01:23 PM

Updated with Tanner Richard's info.

saska sault 07-16-2011 04:55 PM

So whats the deal with Malenkihk... Soo Greyhounds website stated he was coming, he said he was excited to come.... any confirmation on whether he will be here?

johnnydrum 07-23-2011 07:17 PM

Seems like Vadim Khlopotov is also set to make the leap.
Took some searching to find some info on him, but finally, found some.!

Its crudely translated but I did uncover some points.

"the 17-year pupil Vadim [Khlopotov] the following season will conduct in the league of North America.
The Vadim was "Best Player" for the Russian youth Team of Olympic festival in the Czech Republic and in “the tournament of four nations”

Khlopotov also made his debut in the Molodezhnaya hockey league.
He was offered a five year deal, with Locomotov, but the player himself selected North America.
"I want to try my forces in another league", described Vadim. - It will be a great experience, especially as the hockey there is stronger entirely"
Seems he intends to come over to the US in August. Ex Spirit, Ivan Telegin had passed on great reviews of Saginaw to him.
He thinks he may have problems with the language, but believes he will get the hang of things after 3 months.

I am not quite expecting a Nail Yakupov/ Igor Grigorenko type, but hoping perhaps he is a Namestnikov/ Khokhlachev type talent??

I am still trying to find out more about the others-- Kupstev, Tkachev.

mcreferee 07-24-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 35087561)
Updated with Tanner Richard's info.

Elite Prospects has confirmed Tanner Richard will be joining Guelph. Sourced as "Inside Information".

SkilledViking 05-21-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 34695857)
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...ft-review.html

Still waiting on some stuff from a Swedish (Olden, Mattsson, Rensveldt, Schumacher) and Swiss (Richard) contact. I will update when I get it.

For now, enjoy. Hopefully it gives you some good information about what to expect from your new Import players.

Olden is norwegian, not swedish.

NoThreat 05-21-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkilledViking (Post 49950145)
Olden is norwegian, not swedish.

You bumped a year old thread for that? And I beleive he meant he was waiting for information from a swedish scout who saw Olden and the oher bracketed players play, as Olden played in Sweden like the others. He wasn't saying Olden was Swedish.

defensehockey19 05-21-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoThreat (Post 49964537)
You bumped a year old thread for that? And I beleive he meant he was waiting for information from a swedish scout who saw Olden and the oher bracketed players play, as Olden played in Sweden like the others. He wasn't saying Olden was Swedish.

Speaking of Olden, does anybody else think Erie will move him? I think the Petes would be interested forsure as there biggest weaknesses are RW and Size.

Tigers1992 05-21-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetesFan94 (Post 49966397)
Speaking of Olden, does anybody else think Erie will move him? I think the Petes would be interested forsure as there biggest weaknesses are RW and Size.

Not sure hes back in the OHL. Leafs sign him and hes in the AHL. Dont see many 3rd round picks not signed.

Even if hes not signed, he probably goes back to Sweden IMO.

defensehockey19 05-21-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 49967843)
Not sure hes back in the OHL. Leafs sign him and hes in the AHL. Dont see many 3rd round picks not signed.

Even if hes not signed, he probably goes back to Sweden IMO.

Cool, thanks for the response I'd rather the Petes take a 95 anyways.. to continue to build around there 1995-born core.