HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: Brad Richardson and Alec Martinez file for salary arbitration (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=944597)

Live in the Now 07-05-2011 05:34 PM

Brad Richardson and Alec Martinez file for salary arbitration

Last one irrelevant, first two not so...
Quote:

helenenothelen Helene Elliott
Kings' Alec Martinez, Brad Richardson, Ducks' Dan Sexton file for salary arbitration. hearings will be held in Toronto from 7/20-8/4.
http://twitter.com/#!/helenenothelen

Telos 07-05-2011 06:09 PM

It's the best option available to them, we have no choice but to try and shortchange because of Doughty, either way, the arbitration will likely give them deals with similar numbers and the same term that they would have received from us once Doughty is locked up.

P.S. Richardson and Doughty have the same agent. It maximizes profit with both players to file for arbitration on Richardson.

TonySCV 07-05-2011 07:29 PM

No surprise at all. Their value is such a wide possible range it'll be good to have a neutral party sort it out - assuming they can't agree ahead of time.

kingsfan 07-05-2011 08:39 PM

Start the predictions.

I'm not sure if players get alotted more than 1 year deals in arbitration so I'll just assume one yera deals for both.

Richardson $1.1 - $1.2 million, Martinez $1.4 - $1.6 million

KopitarFAN 07-05-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 34706873)
Start the predictions.

I'm not sure if players get alotted more than 1 year deals in arbitration so I'll just assume one yera deals for both.

Richardson $1.1 - $1.2 million, Martinez $1.4 - $1.6 million

Reverse it, and you're probably closer.

riseandfall9 07-05-2011 08:45 PM

I say you let Richardson go. There are 3 or 4 people in the organization that I can think of who could step in and do what he is doing.

But, Martinez may be something very special in the next few years you need to do whatever you can to keep him within reason.

no name 07-05-2011 09:10 PM

Why would we pinch pennies? Pay 'em both. I don't think Martinez will get the 1.6 some have suggested here though.

Ollie Weeks 07-05-2011 09:13 PM

Meh, just keep everything cordial and its no big deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 34708091)
Why would we pinch pennies? Pay 'em both. I don't think Martinez will get the 1.6 some have suggested here though.

Exactly.

Rod Buskas* 07-05-2011 09:41 PM

I don't think Martinez will be awareded a very high amount since he's had a very short career. The positive for him is that he played quite well in the short time and did not look too out of place in the playoffs. I'd guesstimate his salary to be in the $1.1m range. Ideally, I think Lombardi would like to get him signed to a longer term, lets say something like $4.5m over 3 years. This ties up Martinez for the near future and also makes his trade value even higher with such a low salary.

As for Richardson; He's older and has played a lot more games in the league than Martinez. I think he'll come in at something around $1.5m.

riseandfall9 07-05-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Buskas (Post 34709271)
I don't think Martinez will be awareded a very high amount since he's had a very short career. The positive for him is that he played quite well in the short time and did not look too out of place in the playoffs. I'd guesstimate his salary to be in the $1.1m range. Ideally, I think Lombardi would like to get him signed to a longer term, lets say something like $4.5m over 3 years. This ties up Martinez for the near future and also makes his trade value even higher with such a low salary.

As for Richardson; He's older and has played a lot more games in the league than Martinez. I think he'll come in at something around $1.5m.

That is significantly more then what say Loktionov, Lewis or Fraser will get even more then Bud Holloway as well. Personally I think Bud has put in his dues and has shown he can play.

I agree we shouldn't pinch pennies on A Mart. But Richardson hes a dime a dozen player. Where as A Mart could break out next year and become something special. You cant overlook his skating, vision and potential.

etherialone 07-05-2011 11:52 PM

A Mart looking for a deal in the $1.3 per.

Richardson is less settled and wanting more.

DAkings20 07-06-2011 12:09 AM

Does that mean Lewis excepted his QO?

kingsfan 07-09-2011 11:37 AM

And the answer on A Mart is $737,500 per season for two years. Unbelieveable how DL gets guys signed so low. Good thing we don't do the signings (especially me apparently :D)