HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Panthers-Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=945853)

HockeyRulez 07-07-2011 10:04 AM

Panthers-Leafs

To Toronto:
LW David Booth
D Jason Garrison
F John McFarland

To Florida:
D Luke Schenn
C Nazem Kadri

Thoughts?

TaketheCannoli 07-07-2011 10:05 AM

This won't go well.

bleedblue1223 07-07-2011 10:07 AM

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

but seriously :facepalm:

Thanks for the entertaining comments from Leaf fans. :cheers:

HockeyRulez 07-07-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leek (Post 34767265)
This won't go well.

well im bored as hell right now....

Pual Statsny 07-07-2011 10:09 AM

Good luck

Zrinski 07-07-2011 10:10 AM

****ing terrible.

noBSleafsFAN 07-07-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyRulez (Post 34767233)
To Toronto:
LW David Booth
D Jason Garrison
F John McFarland

To Florida:
D Luke Schenn
C Nazem Kadri

Thoughts?

Switch Garrison and McFarland for Weiss and you might be onto something.......:naughty:

HockeyRulez 07-07-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgeduck (Post 34767403)
Good luck

is it that bad? the way i look at it is obv the major part is Schenn for Booth, then basically Garrison and McFarland for Kadri. Their is an abundance at D for the leafs now so maybe Schenn is expandable and their is a crowd at center so same to Kadri. A line of Booth-Connolly-Kessel would be deadly.....

HockeyRulez 07-07-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noBSleafsFAN (Post 34767427)
Switch Garrison and McFarland for Weiss and you might be onto something.......:naughty:

so trade Florida's top 2 forwards on an already sup-par offensive team for an RFA d-man and a prospect???? :laugh: No.

bleedblue1223 07-07-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyRulez (Post 34767505)
is it that bad? the way i look at it is obv the major part is Schenn for Booth, then basically Garrison and McFarland for Kadri. Their is an abundance at D for the leafs now so maybe Schenn is expandable and their is a crowd at center so same to Kadri. A line of Booth-Connolly-Kessel would be deadly.....

I'm just guessing, but most if not all Leaf fans wouldn't do Schenn for Booth straight up. I'd rather have quality over quantity when dealing with prospects or young players.

Leafssss 07-07-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyRulez (Post 34767559)
so trade Florida's top 2 forwards on an already sup-par offensive team for an RFA d-man and a prospect???? :laugh: No.

Wouldn't even trade Schenn + Kadri for Booth + Weiss, and I'm for trading Schenn for a #1C.

Booth has injury problems and might never be the same.
Weiss is a mediocre #1C, albeit a very strong #2C.

Luke Schenn is one of the league's top young defensive dmen.
Nazem Kadri is a good prospect that has a higher ceiling then both Booth and Weiss.

TorontoAvalanche 07-07-2011 10:20 AM

lol.

Kessley Snipes 07-07-2011 10:22 AM

HAHAHAHHAAH

The abundance of D we have does not make Schenn 'expendable'

We have 2 players who are expendable and they are named Komisarek and Finger. Thats it.

Schenn doesnt even get involed in the conversation unless Erik Gudbranson is.

Laus723 07-07-2011 10:22 AM

I say no thanks. I'd rather keep our guys, thanks.

dannyboy8920 07-07-2011 10:23 AM

I think if we are getting a top 6 winger; you need to take one of our top 6 wingers. (bump him out of his spot)

We arent in the position to move young players. One of which has established himself into a decent defender and likely will only get better.

Lupul=maybe, but showed good chemisty with Kessel
Kessel=our sniper, we payed a lot; and likely wont move
Kulemin=one of our most complete top 6er, wouldnt want to move.
MacArthur=just signed. wont be moved just yet.

Basically one of these guys needs to be traded for or knocked out of the top 6.

Lupul makes 4+ mil and i dont see him playing 3rd line.(he could for the time being, but deff. not a good plan for the future). Kule-Grabo tandem wont be broke up. And like Lupul, MacArthur makes decent money and has shown chemistry with Grabo and Kule.

Booth is a good winger, but we dont put a expensive player on the 3rd line for the time being; when we can play Kadri/Frattin/ect ect. and gain there confidence is a less minutes role.

Value aside the trade doesnt really make sense.

ScottyFreakinUpshall 07-07-2011 10:23 AM

im not ripping on just you for this proposal, but just anyone who is making these luke schenn trades. Everyone talks about how we have an expandable D line and whatnot, but the first thing on its way out would be Komisarek (if possible). the last person to be moved on the leafs is LUKE SCHENN. He is not going ANYWHERE. I don't understand why everything thinks he is, for pete's peppers.

RogerRoeper* 07-07-2011 10:24 AM

No thanks from a Leafs perspective.

Kessley Snipes 07-07-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 34767861)
I say no thanks. I'd rather keep our guys, thanks.

It's easy to say you would keep your guys when clearly nobody else wants them haha:laugh:

bjtkyo 07-07-2011 10:28 AM

Absolutely not from the Leafs.

To fellow Leafs fans: this is why all those Stastny proposals were terrible as well.. having multiple good players at the same position does not automatically make them expendable. (Luke Schenn is not getting moved just because we have lots of defensemen)

GatoradeG* 07-07-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

To Toronto:
LW David Booth
D Jason Garrison
F John McFarland

To Florida:
D Luke Schenn
C Nazem Kadri

Thoughts?

Schenn>Booth,Garrison,McFarland.

dbhislife 07-07-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

To Toronto:
LW David Booth
D Jason Garrison
F John McFarland

To Florida:
D Luke Schenn
C Nazem Kadri

Thoughts?

As a fellow Panther fan...please share whatever you got bro. Seriously though, this is not close (and I don't mean to bash you). I also don't see the logic in why Florida would target this trade (even though we obviously make out well). We are stacked at D already, and Kulikov and Gubranson are going to make our defense very expensive in a few years. Schenn is an improvement on Garrison, but he would also make our defense unrealistically expensive. I would rather keep Garrison (the lesser player) and look at offense. Now Kadri is another story...we could use him in my opinion. If we are going into full rebuild, my modified offer would be:

Booth+Repik for Kadri+a pick

HockeyRulez 07-07-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbhislife (Post 34768123)
As a fellow Panther fan...please share whatever you got bro. Seriously though, this is not close (and I don't mean to bash you). I also don't see the logic in why Florida would target this trade (even though we obviously make out well). We are stacked at D already, and Kulikov and Gubranson are going to make our defense very expensive in a few years. Schenn is an improvement on Garrison, but he would also make our defense unrealistically expensive. I would rather keep Garrison (the lesser player) and look at offense. Now Kadri is another story...we could use him in my opinion. If we are going into full rebuild, my modified offer would be:

Booth+Repik for Kadri+a pick

thanks for the feedback, i agree with wat u said, its many things into one deal.... Us unloading Booth and him having a fresh start and waiving his NMC to play for toronto with fellow americans connolly and kessel, Us getting a good d-man in Schenn, Garrison along side Liles would be good for the leafs, then i saw McFarland in a previous deal someone posted so i just put him in there and sent Kadri back as Toronto is all of a sudden loaded in the middle with Connolly, Lombardi, Grabovski etc......

bleedblue1223 07-07-2011 10:35 AM

Leaf fans, ain't karma a b****

Megan Fox 07-07-2011 10:38 AM

Gudbranson for Lupul sounds like a better trade.

Woll Smoth 07-07-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 34768307)
Leaf fans, ain't karma a b****

Not really.

Don't think anyone cares about this proposal.