HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Wild-Related Radio Appearances (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=945881)

GopherState 07-07-2011 12:02 PM

Wild-Related Radio Appearances

I don't know why we don't have this thread or discuss Wild media appearances but with KFAN picking up the rights and Russo being on ESPN 1500 there should be more. So whether it's local, national, satellite radio or even international in the case of some prospects, lets discuss it here.

GopherState 07-07-2011 12:03 PM

And the reason why I started this now is because Heatley's going to be KFAN in 25 minutes. And Leipold's on now.

mnwildgophers 07-07-2011 12:04 PM

Leipold is on right now, and he seems like Fletcher has a while to turn things around, but most of us figured that out when the Burns trade went down.

GopherState 07-07-2011 12:27 PM

Yeah he also called out Latendresse for coming into camp out of shape.

BuddyMcCormick 07-07-2011 12:36 PM

While I'm generally a fan of calling people out, you don't want to beat a dead horse. Gotta walk that fine line between motivation and picking on someone.

this providence 07-07-2011 12:44 PM

Wish Gorg could muster a better interview that what we've already seen in print...

GopherState 07-07-2011 12:50 PM

Yeah he's a good guest but a bad host.

Up7Yours 07-07-2011 12:57 PM

How can I listen to this?

BuddyMcCormick 07-07-2011 12:58 PM

It's over now :-(, but if you ever want to listen to KFAN Just go to www.KFAN.com

Up7Yours 07-07-2011 12:59 PM

Yup thanks

GopherState 07-07-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up7Yours (Post 34771755)
How can I listen to this?

Both Leipold and Heatley

Northland Wild Man 07-07-2011 02:09 PM

Interesting to hear Leipold's opinion on the division realignment.

Jarick 07-07-2011 03:04 PM

- Interesting in reading behind the lines about Koivu and Havlat...definitely seemed like it was a huge part of the trade. Leipold called Koivu someone who desperately wants to win and that the trades made them strong in that regard...

- Wild are doing something to honor Boogaard, an "even", not specifying what. Awesome stories about him too, still can't believe he's gone.

- Mentioned Barker was a "bad fit"...is that because they're being kind? Is there a situation where Barker WOULD be a good fit. Granted they mentioned it was mostly money, but still it's funny.

- Lats is working out with a trainer daily, was clearly out of shape last year, and basically how he shows up this year is going to indicate his future in the NHL (probably contract). They're following up every other week on his fitness!

- Sounds like realignment is pretty much set and exactly like all the ideas floating around (only thing up in the air is DET or CBJ in the East).

- Only interesting thing I got from the Heatley interview was that he has a lot of friends from college living in the cities.

Avder 07-07-2011 07:19 PM

It would have been nice if we could have gotten a home and home with the Rangers this year so both teams could have done something to honor Boogaard on consecutive game nights.

I really like how Koivu being motivated spurred the Heatly trade.

GopherState 07-22-2011 04:25 PM

Russo's on KFAN right now talking Boogaard.

BuddyMcCormick 07-22-2011 04:28 PM

Could probably stick this thread. Just sayin'.

GopherState 08-08-2011 11:26 AM

Yeah might have to do that when the season starts given this was on Page 2.

Anyways, KFAN is switching frequencies and going FM. With the Wild beginning their run on the FAN this season after years on WCCO, I have to think the FM move helps their radio ratings; especially with younger listeners.

Fel 96 08-08-2011 11:29 AM

FM > AM

I mean, the quality is so much better.

this providence 08-24-2011 10:03 AM

Russo's on KFAN right now.

this providence 08-24-2011 10:35 AM

I hope like hell KFAN takes Russo away from 1500 for good and makes him a regular. So good.

Jarick 08-24-2011 01:24 PM

I realize most guys can't stand PA (homerrific), but I actually find his show to be the best and most informative of the KFAN lineup. Morning show is a morning show, Common Man is just playing sounders, Barreiro is just snark and pessimism.

mnwildgophers 08-24-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 36169473)
I realize most guys can't stand PA (homerrific), but I actually find his show to be the best and most informative of the KFAN lineup. Morning show is a morning show, Common Man is just playing sounders, Barreiro is just snark and pessimism.

PA is really homerrific (to borrow your word) especially about the Vikes, but I think he really does try to get and know the different sports. I listened to him almost every day last year during the Wild season and he was really into it (maybe he knew they were going to get the Wild's broadcasting rights?), but he is a big name and can draw big names to come on and talk about hockey. I think we'll see a more hockey focused lineups somedays (although I think Vikes and Gopher's Football will get a lot of attention)

Common Man can be funny, and he has decent takes from time to time, but it's just too many sounders to make me not listen. Barreiro can get good names also, but he can be too much of a pessimist. They have a decent lineup, still much better than 1500 ESPN IMO.

GopherState 08-24-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this providence (Post 36165141)
I hope like hell KFAN takes Russo away from 1500 for good and makes him a regular. So good.

It'd be the opposite of ESPN 1500's model. They have so many former KFAN guys, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hubbard move down the dial to 1130.

Dee Oh Cee 08-24-2011 03:06 PM

Yeah Zoooooooolgad is 100% 1500 ESPN now (former contributor to KFAN) along with Phil Mackey, and numerous others I can't think of I'm sure. I love the Common Man...he's a pleasant reminder that most of us take sports too seriously sometimes.

Barrerio is KFAN's version of Reusse in terms of tempering expectations but IMO he's much more intelligent than Reusse.

this providence 08-24-2011 03:14 PM

If ESPN loses the Twins, which I can easily see given KFAN's partnership with FSN and now the FM signal, I think ESPN will all but fold. And I hope it happens because I can't stand their programing. PMac is good, but that's about it and he's a vultured talent. Putting him with the ultimate clownshoe in Minnesota media is just wrong.

Common is BY FAR my favorite radio guy to listen to. Love his schtick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 36172041)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hubbard move down the dial to 1130.

Ahh, FM 100.3 :sarcasm: