HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   any sjs podcast recommendations? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=946333)

D Huang 07-07-2011 11:15 PM

any sjs podcast recommendations?

I recently discovered dudes on hockey which is pretty good...and I listen to FTF whenever they come out with one. Are there any others out there?

Graveland 07-07-2011 11:35 PM

Puck Daddy and Puck Podcasts (beware they're socal hockey fans). Also Bob McKenzie and Eddie O have podcasts on NHL Live.

SacLandshark 07-07-2011 11:41 PM

DUDE! dudesonhockey.com

SJ fans and it's really, really entertaining

but you knew that...

olegyef 07-07-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveland (Post 34797801)
Puck Daddy and Puck Podcasts (beware they're socal hockey fans). Also Bob McKenzie and Eddie O have podcasts on NHL Live.

I like all those. I also started listening to dudes on hockey which is a sharks one, seems sorta decent. I only listened to one dudes on hockey podcast still trying to figure out if they know what they are talking about.

bcyde 07-08-2011 08:42 PM

Definitely another vote to dudesonhockey they always crack me up and know their stuff.

During the playoffs they also had live chat for the listeners and they participated for any games they didn't actually attend.

68 Z-28 07-08-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SacLandshark (Post 34798035)
DUDE! dudesonhockey.com

SJ fans and it's really, really entertaining

but you knew that...

This.

The Dudes are awesome. Very knowledgeable yet funny.

SCinSJ 07-08-2011 10:13 PM

For SJS:
1. Dudes on Hockey - Great Podcast, Boyle's favourite
2. Fear the Fin - Good but they don't come out very often
3. WGNBP - We're Gonna Need a Bigger Podcast. Enjoyable but not on the same level as the other two.

Would love to hear about more.

LadyStanley 07-08-2011 10:58 PM

Sharks have a podcast of "breaking news" as well as sometimes a few other things.

(I really trimmed down my podcast collection, so don't recall all of them.)

The NHL/NHL Network/Sirius/XM include:

NHL Hour (~50 minutes weekly hosted by commish)
HTM - guests from Sirius/XM Hockey This Morning
NHL Live
THN show- Sirius/XM THN Show (weekly)

allworldcaucasn* 07-11-2011 03:54 PM

I'm going off the rails CRAZY TRADE!

Karl with a C 07-11-2011 05:21 PM

Thanks for recommending Dudes on Hockey. I like it. Surprised I never heard about it.

SJSharksfan39 07-24-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveland (Post 34797801)

They may be Socal fans, but they are very fair to all 30 teams in the league. It's my favorite Hockey Podcast of the week, but I also really love Puck Daddy Radio with Wysh and Pizzo. Going to try Dudes on Hockey though, so thanks for that recommendation.

68 Z-28 07-24-2011 03:27 PM

Best Episode for Dudes on Hockey came after the Sharks lost game 3 in Colorado during last years playoffs.

Episode 95b cursed

Mafoofoo 07-24-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 Z-28 (Post 35332439)
Best Episode for Dudes on Hockey came after the Sharks lost game 3 in Colorado during last years playoffs.

Episode 95b cursed

Is that the Belfour ghostbusters one? :laugh:

68 Z-28 07-24-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 35332635)
Is that the Belfour ghostbusters one? :laugh:

Yup. I remember the first time I heard it i couldn't stop laughing. Just thinking about it today made me go find it and post it. Still just as funny as the first time.

SacLandshark 07-24-2011 06:32 PM

I wish I had listened to it that day - what a miserable day that was. This little funny would have helped a lot!

SCinSJ 01-21-2013 09:32 PM

Now that we are back into a new season I'm going to ressurect this thread to see if anyone has any new suggestions.

Thanks in advance

LadyStanley 01-21-2013 09:54 PM

There are new podcasts for KNBR shows. 95.7 also has some podcasts.

Almost every podcast listed above has been updated.

There's "Marek vs Wyshinski" (now daily).

SJSharksfan39 01-21-2013 11:33 PM

I listen to and love 3 hockey podcasts

Dudes on Hockey

Great Sharks podcast that I was glad people recommended to me. Thank you all, and I can't believe I've been listening to this show since 2011

Marek vs. Wyshynski

I Love Love Love this podcast. It's funny, very insightful, and I'm glad it's daily now. Really looking forward to this season on the podcast and today was a great episode. Also love the guests they get.

Puck Podcast

Still listen to this show as my long time hockey show. Eddie and Doug are really knowledgeable about the game and are fair to all 30 teams, even though they reside in Southern California

Some podcasts I no longer listen to but are hockey centric:

NHL Hour
Hockey Central @ Noon
Backhand Shelf (I stopped when Pizzo Left)

I love hockey podcasts but I realized last year I started listen to too many.

magic school bus 01-21-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkie551 (Post 58062911)
Marek vs. Wyshynski

I Love Love Love this podcast. It's funny, very insightful, and I'm glad it's daily now. Really looking forward to this season on the podcast and today was a great episode. Also love the guests they get.

Yes! I love this one and not just because I was on it one time.

CJL182 01-22-2013 12:28 AM

I love MvsW. It provided some great laughs and really helped me get through the dark period.

SJSharksfan39 01-22-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 58064261)
Yes! I love this one and not just because I was on it one time.

Just curious, do you have a chat with Wysh and Marek before you actually go on air or do you just wing it. I would think something like that would be really hard, especially if Marek was doing the questions and most of them had something to do with either Juniors, AHL, or anything from 1975 and before.

sub_zero94 01-22-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkie551 (Post 58062911)
I listen to and love 3 hockey podcasts

Dudes on Hockey

Great Sharks podcast that I was glad people recommended to me. Thank you all, and I can't believe I've been listening to this show since 2011

Marek vs. Wyshynski

Puck Podcast

Still listen to this show as my long time hockey show. Eddie and Doug are really knowledgeable about the game and are fair to all 30 teams, even though they reside in Southern California

Some podcasts I no longer listen to but are hockey centric:

NHL Hour
Hockey Central @ Noon
Backhand Shelf (I stopped when Pizzo Left)

I love hockey podcasts but I realized last year I started listen to too many.

I prefer Dudes On hockey but that Puck Podcast is pretty good. Ones a Kings one's a Ducks fan and they pretty much don't like the Sharks at all.. that part of the show is irritating, they do respect JT and most of our players though

magic school bus 01-22-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkie551 (Post 58066667)
Just curious, do you have a chat with Wysh and Marek before you actually go on air or do you just wing it. I would think something like that would be really hard, especially if Marek was doing the questions and most of them had something to do with either Juniors, AHL, or anything from 1975 and before.

I first sent an email to Wysh and was just randomly picked then we traded info in another email (phone number, etc). I got a call from a producer and she patched me in while they were doing a little intro for the segment. Marek did the questions, but I had no idea what they were going to be before we went on air. Everything you hear on the podcast is totally live & real in that moment. It's really cool. I even won a book.

Graveland 01-22-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 58067153)
I first sent an email to Wysh and was just randomly picked then we traded info in another email (phone number, etc). I got a call from a producer and she patched me in while they were doing a little intro for the segment. Marek did the questions, but I had no idea what they were going to be before we went on air. Everything you hear on the podcast is totally live & real in that moment. It's really cool. I even won a book.

I remember that, I was glad you didn't lose. :laugh:

SJSharksfan39 01-22-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 58067153)

I think that's the thing I love most about the podcast. Everything feels genuine, and not schtick if you know what I mean. Yeah they have their usual stuff like Question of the Day, Game Show Friday, and those awesome intro and outro music, but everything else feels free flowing and just two guys you would love to talk hockey with and they have a blast doing it. Also, they really embrace their fans and love what they have to say, something some podcasts like The BS Report do not.