HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RFAs; Arbitration; Contracts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=946927)

Leslie Treff 07-08-2011 05:35 PM

RFAs; Arbitration; Contracts

Several things to say here on several subjects. First I want to let you know that, if I have been a bit remiss in answering your email questions or in posting here this past week, I am sorry. A dear friend was mowed down by a truck on the streets of New York last Saturday, [...]

More...

Clowes Line 07-08-2011 05:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend :( RIP

eco's bones 07-09-2011 03:28 AM

Sorry about your friend Leslie. Nice article on the RFA's and arbitration.

GarretJoseph 07-09-2011 04:01 AM

I believe this was Marilyn Dershowitz. May she rest in peace. Was a fantastic woman who lead a fascinating life. My condolences.

Swept In Seven 07-09-2011 04:06 AM

damn sorry about your friend Leslie

Screw You Rick Nash 07-09-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 34842097)
I believe this was Marilyn Dershowitz. May she rest in peace. Was a fantastic woman who lead a fascinating life. My condolences.

I'm related to Alan Dershowitz. I never met any of them though. My dad said he only met Marilyn once.

BrooklynRangersFan 07-09-2011 06:48 AM

Condolences about your friend, Leslie. Hope you and the family are hanging in there as best you can.

As to the paragraphs on the RFAs - I'm not liking the subtext I'm reading about Boyle both from this article and Gross's tweet yesterday. Sounds like he's pushing towards either an above market deal or arbitration so that he can be an UFA after this year.... I can't blame him as this would be one case of an athlete who doesn't get paid that much (relatively speaking) doing what's best for his family. Hopefully they work something out.

Any updates on why Cam Hope decided to leave?

Leslie Treff 07-09-2011 06:55 AM

Her face always lit up when we talked Rangers hockey.

Thanks for your condolences everyone.

Leslie Treff 07-09-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan (Post 34842753)

As to the paragraphs on the RFAs - I'm not liking the subtext I'm reading about Boyle both from this article and Gross's tweet yesterday. Sounds like he's pushing towards either an above market deal or arbitration so that he can be an UFA after this year.... I can't blame him as this would be one case of an athlete who doesn't get paid that much (relatively speaking) doing what's best for his family. Hopefully they work something out.

Any updates on why Cam Hope decided to leave?

I don't know the story behind Cam Hope leaving his position. I did not ask and he did not offer.

As for Brian Boyle, like all employees, I am sure that he wants to get the best package he can. I know that he wants to stay in New York and that the Rangers want him, and both know the dangers of going to arbitration, so it's likely to get done before.

Vitto79 07-09-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Treff (Post 34842807)
I don't know the story behind Cam Hope leaving his position. I did not ask and he did not offer.

As for Brian Boyle, like all employees, I am sure that he wants to get the best package he can. I know that he wants to stay in New York and that the Rangers want him, and both know the dangers of going to arbitration, so it's likely to get done before.

Boyle is an interesting case. He took a cheap 2 yr one way deal and in the 2nd yr he hit 20 goals..........thing is they cant over pay for him. I would go to 1.2 even a 1 yr if he wants to prove he can do it again

eco's bones 07-09-2011 08:07 PM

I work for the Postal Service and I can tell you that there is a lot of pressure on postal carriers (I'm a clerk--so I don't drive) to race around and do their routes and collections as fast as possible. They have points along their routes that they have to scan and they are tracked by their supervisors and the threat of being disciplined for not reaching arbitrary performance standards has been increasing exponentially from year to year while at the same time mail routes are being consolidated--which also means expanded territorially. It's a recipe for a disaster of this kind--especially in a large city like New York.

I don't know how negligent the driver was but these people are under a lot of pressure these days--and no doubt the USPS is going to nail him to a wall--as in take away his job but it's very unlikely that USPS is going to change anything otherwise. More or less what you can expect from them is window dressing. These used to be good middle class jobs. They're not anymore.

New York RKY 07-09-2011 08:10 PM

I know it may be a little late but I am extremely sorry to hear the news about your friend Leslie.

I hope you are feeling better somewhat and may she rest in peace.

SupersonicMonkey* 07-09-2011 11:52 PM

For what ever reason, I only just read this thread now.

Sorry about your friend Leslie, that's terrible news.

Thank you for another good article, though.

From what you say, it seems as though they'd like to make a trade for a LW after getting Callahan, Dubinsky, and Boyle signed.

Should be interesting.