HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Geek Emporium (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Halo 4 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=947227)

Puck 07-09-2011 03:59 AM

Halo 4

I don't know if this was mentioned before. I went back 7 pages and didn't see any new Halo threads. On June 6th, Microsoft announced Halo's Master Chief was back.

Halo 4 and Halo HD announced

Quote:

It’s official, Halo 4 has been announced by Microsoft at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles. While Microsoft said in the past that the franchise was done “for now” back when Halo 3 was released, people expected another direct sequel someday, but not this early. Halo Reach was released last year to good reviews, but a direct sequel to Halo wasn’t expected this early.
http://www.geekistry.com/2011/06/06/...-hd-announced/

Jussi 07-09-2011 07:24 AM

Also announced Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. Will probably get that when it comes out later this year. Halo 4 on the other hand is just about the only game I look forward to coming next year.

Puck 07-09-2011 09:47 AM

Bungie Games has transferred the Halo franchise over to 343 Industries, a new Microsoft gaming studio, created specifically to handle the Halo franchise. I figured Halo would go into suspended animation like Master Chief for awhile, but it looks like they've decided to reanimate everybody. If you're a Halo fan, rejoice, expect to see many more Halo titles in the near future. Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy.

Bungie is now supposedly working on a new game called Destiny, with its own game engine.

Just like many old Marvel and DC Comics characters have become major Hollywood movie franchises, I predict in a decade or so, Halo and Master Chief will move on to the big screen.

Jussi 07-09-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 34843663)
Bungie Games has transferred the Halo franchise over to 343 Industries, a new Microsoft gaming studio, created specifically to handle the Halo franchise. I figured Halo would go into suspended animation like Master Chief for awhile, but it looks like they've decided to reanimate everybody. If you're a Halo fan, rejoice, expect to see many more Halo titles in the near future. Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy.

Bungie is now supposedly working on a new game called Destiny, with its own game engine.

Just like many old Marvel and DC Comics characters have become major Hollywood movie franchises, I predict in a decade or so, Halo and Master Chief will move on to the big screen.

A lot of Bungie/Halo veterans at there...

Oh yeah, that movie really should come out, the live action commercials have shown that it can be transferred to the big screen.

yada 07-09-2011 09:09 PM

good to hear. looking forward to a good halo title. i played reach a lot but it was never a great game. i really hated what they did with the story so im looking to move past that game. hopefully this game will also have some good multiplayer maps.

halo reach had horse **** frame rate too

Gobo 07-09-2011 09:24 PM

I dunno man. Reach just didn't do it for me like CE, 2 and 3 did. Hopefully 4 can get me back in it.

Buddio 07-11-2011 02:30 PM

Bungie managed to turn near perfection (H1-H3) into crap.

Seriously, ODST and Reach rank up there for biggest disappointments ever. Halo 4 better not have any of that Call of Duty pick a class ****....

Zodiac 07-11-2011 03:00 PM

my favorite Halo games = part 3 and 2.

getting kinda bored of the series tho.

Augscura 07-11-2011 05:29 PM

Halo 1 > all the others. Looking forward to the Combat Evolved Anniversary edition.

Jussi 07-24-2011 07:27 AM

Clock 07-24-2011 10:10 AM

As much as I loved the first two games, and to some extent the third, I can't help but feel that the series is getting a little bit tired. It's practically been the same game for five years now.

Maybe the new studio will introduce some new mechanics to it that will liven it up somehow.

HawksFan74 07-24-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clock (Post 35326609)
As much as I loved the first two games, and to some extent the third, I can't help but feel that the series is getting a little bit tired. It's practically been the same game for five years now.

Maybe the new studio will introduce some new mechanics to it that will liven it up somehow.

True but I heard it will use the Reach engine to some extent. I think they milked it a bit with ODST, horrible game IMO. I will get it because the mulit-player is always good.

If it's a tweaked up version of Reach, I'm good with that. There is no better game with multi player updates IMO. New playlists every week, heck they even had Halo Hockey on there. It was hilarious.

Hanta Yo 07-24-2011 02:41 PM

Can't wait until Halofest to learn more about Halo 4. I'm not too impressed with Halo Anniversary. The Halo fanboy inside of me wants to get it, but there are simply too many other new games coming out in the Fall that I rather spend both time and money on.

Gobo 07-24-2011 02:53 PM

The classic mode thing in Halo: Anniversary looks really cool.

RoadDoggFL 07-24-2011 06:18 PM

Anniversary is $30 today at Newegg. It was really all weekend, but I figured I'd still share.

I'm really pumped for this. I know the gameplay hasn't aged well but I'm still excited to get a room full of my old friends online for some Blood Gulch and Sidewinder CTF. Some of the best times I've ever had playing video games.

Jussi 07-24-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 35330089)
True but I heard it will use the Reach engine to some extent. I think they milked it a bit with ODST, horrible game IMO. I will get it because the mulit-player is always good.

If it's a tweaked up version of Reach, I'm good with that. There is no better game with multi player updates IMO. New playlists every week, heck they even had Halo Hockey on there. It was hilarious.

Yeah, that was insane, I played that once with some friends.

Unholy 07-24-2011 10:07 PM

Miss playing Halo 1-3 all the time. Friends stopped playing 360 so mine has been collecting dust as well.

GTA Fan 07-25-2011 02:03 AM

I've never played ODST or Reach. Just got a 360 again last week and picked up Halo 3 for $10 - love it. I was a big Halo 2 player when I was younger. I will buy a new Xbox for Halo 4.

daveskirtun 07-25-2011 02:31 AM

Reach was my second favorite in the series.

Rob Brown 07-25-2011 11:18 AM

So the Anniversary version includes the original multiplayer maps etc.? Is it the same multiplayer as that game or is it like Reach's rank system and that? When is it out?

RoadDoggFL 07-25-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Brown (Post 35352831)
So the Anniversary version includes the original multiplayer maps etc.? Is it the same multiplayer as that game or is it like Reach's rank system and that? When is it out?

They haven't detailed the multiplayer yet. There are very obvious modernized aspects of the multiplayer gameplay, but I'm hoping it'll be possible to play a faithful re-creation. At the very least, I hope they manage to bring back Halo's awesome physics. Hog jousting was so much freaking fun.

bdp 07-25-2011 08:03 PM

The multiplayer will be using the Reach online multiplayer. It's basically a Halo Reach map pack of the original Halo maps, although you can play it off the Anniversary disc obviously.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/06/ha...-are-for-halo/

syz 07-25-2011 08:21 PM

Halo 4.. Another Halo with maybe one new weapon and one new vehicle.

Zodiac 07-25-2011 09:25 PM

i'm kind of amazed that the newer installments of Halo never really had the ability to aim down the sights like in COD, or other newer shooters.

and i never really saw the greatness of the online Halo play ...maybe it was good 8 years ago, or so, but by today's standards it's nothing special, imo. any time i ever tried it out, you basically had to empty all your ammo into someone's ass to weaken them and then run up and hit them with the butt end of your gun to finish them off.

either that, or you'd be tossing grenades at their feet while jumping around ...hoping for the best.

seems pretty boring online.

i did like the single player campaigns tho.

edit: oh, and another thing i disliked was that you couldn't sprint. just the same one speed all the time. so terrible at this point.

BadHammy* 07-25-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syz (Post 35368573)
Halo 4.. Another Halo with maybe one new weapon and one new vehicle.

Until stupid people stop buying it, they'll keep rehashing the same old thing over and over...