HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   JR demands trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=94816)

Steve L* 07-31-2004 05:55 AM

JR demands trade?

Have a look on the Yotes board and see what they said he said on PHX radio.

If he did say that then get him the hell out of here, ask him if he doesnt mind sharing a cab to the airport with Burke too!

Thresher 07-31-2004 06:05 AM

I have to say first off - I adore your avatar

second - don't take a DJs 'selective' word for it...as of now - it may likely be all spin & circumstance...it should be relatively easy to manipulate JR's spill a la numerous 'edits'

don't be so quit to kick him into the nearest cab

you should well know he says a hell of a lot before he thinks

FlyHigh 07-31-2004 09:17 AM

I would just get rid of him ASAP. He's done a lot for the team, but his whole moaning and whining is just getting very annoying and imagine what teammates must think? Any chance we could pick up Nagy or Johnson in a possible trade if JR restructured his contract? Maybe we could even throw in a prospect.

Overtime 07-31-2004 11:21 AM

I've heard a few people who listened to the show confirm it is what he said.

I think he's been building up to this. He has never gotten along with Hitchcock, and there is one person who kept that relationship from blowing up into a full fledged war - that person is friends with both JR and Hitch and is now gone from the team.

JR has been making quite a bit of noise about this ever since Recchi signed with Pittsburgh. I am positive it isn't just a DJ spinning some comments. JR wants out.

blah 07-31-2004 01:57 PM

If the Yotes want Roenick make sure Burke and Amonte go with him.

jplush76 07-31-2004 02:26 PM

you guys want to get rid of everyone, whats new there?
JR - yea kick him to the curb
Recchi - yea, leading scorer... boot his old ass
LeClair - yea dead wood
etc, etc, etc...
lets just start with a bunch of over rated rookies? that'd be sweet! huh?

blah 07-31-2004 02:40 PM

If he wants to go then let him go. I'm sure the Flyers can get a good offer for him. He's no longer a franchise center, he's a 1st line RW. He is replacible.

FlyHigh 07-31-2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jplush76
lets just start with a bunch of over rated rookies? that'd be sweet! huh?

Yeah, for sure, what were they thinking drafted 2 guys who made the CHL's top 5 players, talk about overrated. And Ruzicka who was a key candidate for OHL Rookie of the Year, talk about overrated, seriously, why don't they just send him back to Europe. RJ Umberger, give me a break, what a screwup, dont even get me started on Ben Eager.

PhoPhan 07-31-2004 03:26 PM

For what it's worth, I don't want Roenick either.

blah 07-31-2004 03:28 PM

The Yotes seem intent on bringing in a big name.

Rex88 07-31-2004 03:44 PM

I would deal him for one of the young D they have:
prefer Morris as he is a right shot.
I think Mara may be the best so he won't go.
I don't really think Tanabe is the right fit here but he is a nice player if he can stay healthy.

With the money saved you could go after another winger - Demetra?

Morris is at 3.5 and JR is at 7 - we would still have a way to go but it would be a start.

I would never have suggested this if JR wasn't mouthing off about not liking the direction or team or city or whatever - show some loyalty to the team and retire in two years to wherever you want.

blah 07-31-2004 03:46 PM

I'd be fine w/ something involving Spiller.

Guest 07-31-2004 07:19 PM

Keep him, I guarantee there is nothing to it other than Roenick's request, if he's made one. It makes no sense for a team with Comrie, Langkow, Ricci down the middle, who have to stick to a tight budget, and are just starting to build something resembling a foundation of youth to trade anything of value for a guy like Roenick. Sure, Roenick may draw a few fans into the new building, but it's not a move that would garner any kind of serious return from the Coyotes perspective.

Before you start thinking of any names, don't worry about it, because it won't be Spiller, Nagy, Doan, Mara, Morris, Tanabe and it won't be any high draft picks. In other words, it makes no sense for either team.

Maybe if you guys are lucky and Bettman "gets his way", they'll end up losing Roenick, Amonte, Burke, Leclair in the dispersal draft after the CBA is resolved and the Flyers have to dump salary. Then again, that's speculation as well.

Think of it this way, it'd be like you guys hearing that Brian Savage was coming to Philly for Carter or Richards. Sure Savage isn't Roenick, but Roenick's value would be higher to most other teams in the league before it would be for a team like the Coyotes.

mikefavata 07-31-2004 07:49 PM

I'd be willing to make a trade for him. And the Panthers have more than enough tradeable prospects & players.

Moskau 07-31-2004 08:48 PM

Lmao, you guys wont get half of what you're expecting. JR already is pulling the strings, Phoenix sees that. Why would they offer alot?

Mizral 07-31-2004 09:18 PM

Alright, I do have some information here. I have told one or two of you this before this post, but because of this I feel it's worth posting.

Less than a week ago I was informed from ... yes.. a 'source' - I can't say what he does or who he is, but I can also say I haven't heard much from him, and the last bit of information I got from him which is very similar and I'll get to that later actually DID NOT happen, so the legitimacy of this guy is questionable for me.. but he also did nail the Malakhov trade, so I'm just going to post this, and you can take it for what it's worth)

Anyhow, last week I was informed that apperantly Clarke has talked to Larry Pleau of the Blues about getting Doug Weight. Originally I speculated (as did my guy) that this was because Zhamnov's talks weren't going well, but maybe there is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps it's JR that Clarke thought he couldn't or didn't want to keep? I dunno, but Weight would be a fine replacement for JR.

In regards to Phoenix getting JR, it's certainly not out of the question. While the Yotes are rebuilding, getting Roenick back would win back a lot of fans that they are losing while not missing the playoffs. They may have the money to. Note that this year the Yotes have a new building and have completed the move they did last year. There was talk recently of them getting Brett Hull, but Roenick might do even more for that franchise, although it's debatable as to which one is the better player.

This to me is the most interesting news of the off-season since the Minnesota Wild picked up Rolston. I have my doubts as to whether or not I'll hear any more on this regard, and if this all blows over, you guys can bump this thread up to make me look like an idiot if you want - ;) . I wasn't originally going to post this since it just seemed so weird, but with this news, I think it just gained a whack of credibility.

blah 08-01-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Anyhow, last week I was informed that apperantly Clarke has talked to Larry Pleau of the Blues about getting Doug Weight. Originally I speculated (as did my guy) that this was because Zhamnov's talks weren't going well.
Egh, Weight. Assuming this somehow got serious...As long as LeClair is in the deal and no prospects are I guess it'd be an ok deal for the Flyers. If LeClair is not in the deal I'd rather they just paid Zhamnov what he's asking for.
Quote:

Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps it's JR that Clarke thought he couldn't or didn't want to keep? I dunno, but Weight would be a fine replacement for JR.
I doubt that. The Flyers want to keep JR at RW. For that reason I don't see how Weight could be considered his replacement.

GoneFullHextall 08-01-2004 01:03 AM

I dont care what anyone says. if we trade him it wil be a horrible mistake. A. we could never get in return that could satisfy the Flyers or the fans. B. wether or not he is getting along with Hitch. how many people actually get along with with Hitch? he isnt exactly known for getting allong with his players but the man can coach. no one should dispute that.
JR if hes gonna play next season should shut the hell up and play. or just retire.
fine hes upset with the direction of the team. who is happy that because of the future of the league they have to make tough decisions.
maybe JR should restructure his contract and tell TA and Leclair to do the same for the better of the team. but no we cant have that can we? we cant have a guy putting team ahead of his fat freaking wallet can we? no we cant.

yeah i probably did a 180 in my post but its hot as hell here and i needed to vent :))

blah 08-01-2004 01:23 AM

Quote:

we could never get in return that could satisfy the Flyers or the fans.
I disagree. They could easily replace JR w/ a natural RW in Glen Murray. Then slightly increase their offer to Zhamnov to get him signed. Not saying it'll happen or anything, I'm just making the point that JR is not irreplaceable.

GoneFullHextall 08-01-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
I disagree. They could easily replace JR w/ a natural RW in Glen Murray. Then slightly increase their offer to Zhamnov to get him signed. Not saying it'll happen or anything, I'm just making the point that JR is not irreplaceable.

no i meant in return from Phoenix. what would they be willing to give up that we would want?

blah 08-01-2004 01:33 AM

PHX has a lot to offer. Their prospect depth is very good. Most of which is close to NHL ready.

Mizral 08-01-2004 01:47 AM

With a return of JR's contract, it probobly won't take much. Maybe a draft pick in the mid rounds. Unless the Flyers were willing to take bake Brian Savage, I doubt the return would be worth speaking of.

blah 08-01-2004 01:58 AM

7 mil this season and 6.5 next is not a tremendous amount. Depending on what else is involved taking Savage should not be that big a deal to the Flyers either.

Steve L* 08-01-2004 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskau
Lmao, you guys wont get half of what you're expecting. JR already is pulling the strings, Phoenix sees that. Why would they offer alot?

Just take a look at the recent trades between the teams. :D

renberg 08-01-2004 11:05 AM

JR is a cancer in the locker room. He doesn't play large in the big games. He rags every coach that he has. The team would be better off without him around- like they were in the playoffs. I'd take the attitudes of Gagne, Primeau and Kapinen over JR any day. His mouth gives other teams more bulletin board material than any one else in the league. It just isn't needed or the Flyers' historical style. Compare him to Clarke, Poulin or other leaders of this team in the past and you see where he is a problem. Can you imagine what a coach like Shero would have done with this guy? Mike Keenan wouldn't put up with his nonsense when he was with the Hawks. Hitch is too kind to him.