HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Huselius injured - to miss 4-6 months (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=950247)

Arch City Zach 07-13-2011 06:03 PM

Huselius injured - to miss 4-6 months
 
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2011/07..._huseliu.shtml

What a moron.

MFRONE 07-13-2011 06:06 PM

Yeah...what an idiot for working out in the off season

IBleedUnionBlue 07-13-2011 06:09 PM

I've been beating a drum about "NHL depth" needed and this is an example why. GMSH is banking on entirely too many 2 ways and AHL call-ups. Need another NHL dman and winger.

Hopefully, Huselius timetable is closer to November, instead of January.

Arch City Zach 07-13-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFRONE (Post 34995837)
Yeah...what an idiot for working out in the off season

He's not a moron for working out, he's a moron for finally getting healthy and then injuring himself right after. It's like Jordan Staal last year, except Jordan Staal is a much better player.

Brassard Calder 07-13-2011 06:13 PM

Here come the Hemsky rumors....

Hilliardsw55 07-13-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachACA (Post 34995953)
He's not a moron for working out, he's a moron for finally getting healthy and then injuring himself right after. It's like Jordan Staal last year, except Jordan Staal is a much better player.

Yes...Yes, I'm sure he chose to injure himself after becoming healthy.

That makes perfect sense.

MFRONE 07-13-2011 06:14 PM

This type of injury is not a quick one to come back from. Even if it heals by November he'll still be way behind on conditioning and will need a bunch of ice time to get back up to speed. I wouldn't count on anything until early next year.

Based on Howie's comments to Portzline, he seems to be thinking the same thing. Time to go out and get another top 6 forward.

TaketheCannoli 07-13-2011 06:14 PM

Ugh...that hurts. I wonder who is out there that can pick up the slack...

UFAs

Kovalev
Svatos
Prospal
Samsonov
Zherdev

and players with bad contracts on teams up against the cap.

Well, it it was going to happen, this is a better time than in season.

Arch City Zach 07-13-2011 06:18 PM

Honestly, Hemsky is sounding pretty great right now. That makes me sick in my stomach, but it's true. What would we have to give up to get him for one year? Cause if Juice can play a solid second half of the year, we could have some actual wing depth. Unless Atkinson just tears it up in camp and we use him instead.

Xoggz22 07-13-2011 06:20 PM

Clearly LTIR to start the season but I'm wondering if insurance picks up any of the cost for this? $4.75MM is a chunk of change to dole out if he's not playing. Not good for a cash strapped team. Just provided a better chance for Atkinson and Mayorov to make the team. probably guarantees Calvert a spot. This also might push Carter to wing and Brassard at center on the top line.

MFRONE 07-13-2011 06:24 PM

Howie tells the Dispatch he's looking for a winger on the FA market

Quote:

Aportzline Aaron Portzline
#CBJ GM Scott Howson tells Dispatch that he's now in the market for a free agent winger to help cover the first-half absence of Huselius.

JawandaPuck 07-13-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leek (Post 34996071)
Ugh...that hurts. I wonder who is out there that can pick up the slack...

UFAs

Kovalev
Svatos
Prospal
Samsonov
Zherdev

and players with bad contracts on teams up against the cap.

Well, it it was going to happen, this is a better time than in season.

Well if Ryan Smyth can go back home, why not Z...naa probably not. Best remaining UFA forwards here.

Arch City Zach 07-13-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xoggz22 (Post 34996279)
Clearly LTIR to start the season but I'm wondering if insurance picks up any of the cost for this? $4.75MM is a chunk of change to dole out if he's not playing. Not good for a cash strapped team. Just provided a better chance for Atkinson and Mayorov to make the team. probably guarantees Calvert a spot. This also might push Carter to wing and Brassard at center on the top line.

I think we get the cap room, but we still pay the salary. Which doesn't help us at all. I think. I could easily be wrong.

IBleedUnionBlue 07-13-2011 06:25 PM

Portzlines last tweet..
Quote:

#CBJ GM Scott Howson tells Dispatch that he's now in the market for a free agent winger to help cover the first-half absence of Huselius.

hip check 07-13-2011 06:26 PM

So what do we give up for a top 6 winger? Next season's draft picks? One of our centers? Johansen? This is tough. Hopefully we can pick someone up and be in the playoff race when we can ease Huselius back into the lineup for some added offensive depth.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachACA (Post 34995953)
He's not a moron for working out, he's a moron for finally getting healthy and then injuring himself right after. It's like Jordan Staal last year, except Jordan Staal is a much better player.

Ummm :shakehead

JawandaPuck 07-13-2011 06:27 PM

Filatov :sarcasm:

Arch City Zach 07-13-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hip check (Post 34996505)
So what do we give up for a top 6 winger? Next season's draft picks? One of our centers? Johansen? This is tough. Hopefully we can pick someone up and be in the playoff race when we can ease Huselius back into the lineup for some added offensive depth.


Ummm :shakehead

Oh come on, I was kidding. I'm just mad at the guy for finally getting healthy and then getting injured. Not even mad at him, just mad at the situation. We honestly needed him to put up a career year this year to make the playoffs. He was gonna see some 1st line time.

JacketsFanWest 07-13-2011 06:33 PM

I guess it's better that they broke Juice before the season started rather than a couple weeks in when it's more difficult to pick someone up to replace him.

But I had to laugh at that story. it's so ridiculous that he stayed "healthy" on Dispatch.com for all of twenty minutes.

Huselius might as well sign with an SEL team now for next season...

CBJWennberg41 07-13-2011 06:33 PM

Inb4Hemsky proposals

Well, when Juice comes back the wing we pick up will be a bottom 6 (or maybe Juice himself) so this is good for all fronts.

Timeless Winter 07-13-2011 06:38 PM

Ouch.

Arch City Zach 07-13-2011 06:45 PM

@TReedDispatch
Will be interested to see if the NY Rangers buy out Wojtek Wolski. A little soft, but he's good for 15-18 goals and is a shootout fiend.#CBJ

I could go for this.

Friedrich 07-13-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachACA (Post 34996581)
Oh come on, I was kidding. I'm just mad at the guy for finally getting healthy and then getting injured. Not even mad at him, just mad at the situation. We honestly needed him to put up a career year this year to make the playoffs. He was gonna see some 1st line time.

Boy A: Have you seen that new movie.
Boy B: Yeah, it's awesome.
Boy A: I hated it.
Boy B: Me too.


I honestly wouldn't mind giving Zherdev a one-year contract, depending on how much he wants.

I wish he could have had Jokinen.

1857 Howitzer 07-13-2011 06:50 PM

Not good, I really hope GMSH can find a good replacement.

CBJWennberg41 07-13-2011 06:51 PM

I wouldn't mind Zherdev..

Friedrich 07-13-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hip check (Post 34996505)
So what do we give up for a top 6 winger? Next season's draft picks? One of our centers? Johansen? This is tough. Hopefully we can pick someone up and be in the playoff race when we can ease Huselius back into the lineup for some added offensive depth.

I can see Brassard or Vermette being moved. But I see us signing a 2/3 guy still left on the market, and they sign a one-year "I'm trying to show I still have some left" type contract for a bargain price.

If we didn't trade Johanson for Carter, there's no way in hell we trade him for a top six forward. Johanson is probably up there with Nash and RJ as far as likeliness of getting traded.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.