HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Call Wfan Talk About Rangers Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=950545)

Embryo* 07-14-2011 03:51 AM

Call Wfan Talk About Rangers Hockey

Do it. Call these ******** and bring up the Rangers, tell them you are excited about Brad Richards and whatever else you think will help the broadcaster to talk more hockey.

They are on 24/7 as a Sports Talk Radio station.

877-337-6666

Kane One 07-14-2011 04:21 AM

People do this all the time and it makes no difference.

StaalWars 07-14-2011 05:29 AM

This type of thread pops up all the time. What you have to realize is that listening to Mike Francesca try to talk about hockey is far more painful than him just ignoring hockey altogether.

TonyTheGr8 07-14-2011 06:38 AM

Get Satellite Radio, get the NHL network, watch MSG. Screw the Fan.

Kane One 07-14-2011 07:40 AM

NHL Network is crap during the off-season.

Bleed Ranger Blue 07-14-2011 07:55 AM

You must be young. I accepted long ago that hockey is a distant fiddle to basketball and (especially) football/baseball.

How about Sather constructs a team that makes the conference finals - then people will talk about hockey...especially cause it looks like basketball wont be around to steal any thunder.

KreiMeARiver* 07-14-2011 08:18 AM

Why would I want to talk hockey with someone that knows NOTHING about hockey? They only person on that station that doesn't make me puke is Steve Somers.

JanErixon20 07-14-2011 08:54 AM

You'd be better off calling 1050 and talking to Don LeGreca.

WFAN blows off everything in the name of baseball. Francessa is talking baseball while doing shows at the Super Bowl. It's a joke.

Radek27 07-14-2011 11:05 AM

ESPN would probably be a better listening option for you. WFAN does not talk Hockey. I had to stop watching Boomer's show for the same crap, this ban on Hockey.

gotmonte 07-14-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 35016227)
ESPN would probably be a better listening option for you. WFAN does not talk Hockey. I had to stop watching Boomer's show for the same crap, this ban on Hockey.

And Boomer is a pretty big Rangers Fan. So that is saying something.

Maybe they are told by their supervisors to talk only about the top leagues? I KNOW Boomer is huge mancrush on the Rangers. So it i doesnt make sense.

As for XM/Sirius NHL Network. AWESOME DURING the season. Now the season is over and the beginnings of Free-Agency is over, there is NOTHING but old games on there. Or a repeat over and over again of the NHL Awards Ceremony from this year. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Blah

Radek27 07-14-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmonte (Post 35016423)
And Boomer is a pretty big Rangers Fan. So that is saying something.

Maybe they are told by their supervisors to talk only about the top leagues? I KNOW Boomer is huge mancrush on the Rangers. So it i doesnt make sense.

As for XM/Sirius NHL Network. AWESOME DURING the season. Now the season is over and the beginnings of Free-Agency is over, there is NOTHING but old games on there. Or a repeat over and over again of the NHL Awards Ceremony from this year. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Blah

It makes sense because of his ****** co-host who won't let them talk Hockey for more than 5 minutes before turning back to Jets, Mets, Yanks. Poor Boomer gets cut off all the time.

NYRFAN218 07-14-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightide85 (Post 35011669)
Why would I want to talk hockey with someone that knows NOTHING about hockey? They only person on that station that doesn't make me puke is Steve Somers.

Joe and Evan are pretty solid. Listening to Francesa is awful though except when he's going on a tirade and is just yelling about everything :laugh:

NYR Sting 07-14-2011 11:32 AM

One of the greatest parts about being a hockey fan is that only some of the vast majority of borderline retards that tend to watch sports in general choose to watch hockey. Not sure why some people are eager to change that. What point is there in forcing people who don't know anything about hockey, like nearly every WFAN on-air personality, to talk about it?

kennglin13 07-14-2011 12:04 PM

LaGrecca is def the best for hockey in radio for this area, but for the record Sid Rosenberg had Brad Richards on.

Yeah so the guy who is not a regular had him on of everybody else at the station.

For the record though, when Joe and Evan sing the Francesa song I love it

BroadwayBlues 07-14-2011 04:59 PM

1050 isn't any better.

I didn't hear anything substantial when Richards was signed.

No granted I wasn't listening but I only listen to Michael Kay show on that station.
But I doubt he talked at length about it. Maybe 5 minutes.

Stugots 07-14-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues (Post 35030605)
1050 isn't any better.

I didn't hear anything substantial when Richards was signed.

No granted I wasn't listening but I only listen to Michael Kay show on that station.
But I doubt he talked at length about it. Maybe 5 minutes.

Yeah LaGreca is pretty much the only one. Mike Lupica talks about stupid crap. Cowherd only talks about Lebron James. Mike and Mike don't talk hockey. I like Ruocco and Lundberg but they don't know anything about hockey. I remember when they were talking about which NY athletes were the best at their respective positions in each sport, and they didn't even mention Henke.