HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Top Left Wingers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=950607)

howztheglass 07-14-2011 09:01 AM

Top Left Wingers

I was just looking around on NHL.com for some of the top left winger in the NHL and I have come up with a rather long list of who might and might not be available.

Benn-Dallas(Highly doubt they would move him).
Boedker-Phx(talent is there).
Booth-Fla(Not the same player he was-but still a top left winger).
Bourque-Cal(I wish--would cost ALOT).
Cammalleri-Mont(staying put).
Clowe-S.J(again-I wish and would cost ALOT).
Eriksson-Dallas(Highly doubt they would move him either).
Heatley-S.J(Just traded).
Holmstrom-Det(Not available).
Huselius-C.B.J(Injured).
Kane-Wpg(Would cost a boat load).
Kostitsyn-Mont(I would take chance on him).
Kunitz-Pitts(Highly doubt they would move him playing with Crosby).
Ladd-Wpg(Not available).
Lucic-Boston(Maybe)
Malone-T.B(Available--might be a good vet--looking like he's on the downside).
Michalek-Ott(2 years ago I would say yes--Now pass).
Moulson--Isl(miss the boat on him but we got Boyle).
Neal-Pitts(He might play with Crosby if not Kunitz).
Ovechkin-Wash(Not a chance in HELL).
Pacioretty-Mont(Not available).
Parise-N.J-(Maybe after this season if he only signs a 1 year deal).
Penner-L.A(Pass).
Perron-St.L(Pass).
Sedin D-Van(Not available).
Semin-Wash(Available for the right price I would go after him).
Sharp-Chic(Don't believe they would move him).
Vanek-Buff(yeah right Not available)
Wolski-N.Y(already with us).
Zetterberg-Det(Not available).

So when it's all said and done how many top left wingers are available 4-5 maybe so why cut WW.I'm not a big Wolski fan but I don't see us making a hugh trade for 1 of these top left wingers so maybe Wolski turns it around this season playing on the second line if not it going to take alot to aquire a top rated left wing.

Fire away--hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

NYRangers16 07-14-2011 09:36 AM

Good list and I agree on Wolski. I also agree on your available/not available/do not want comments. The ones we'd want the most are the ones who'd cost more than we'd want to give up. Might just have to roll with Wolski and Dubi while waiting for MZA to break out, or for Kreider/Thomas to develop. Though, if a trade is available, by all means I say pursue it. Just as long as it isnt for one of those guys like Booth or Malone - we don't need second line production that's marginally better than Wolski.

For all the inconsistency, Wolski is at minimum a 45 pt LW. That's certainly servicable on the second line where 50-55 pt guys are pulling in huge contracts. A lucky bounce or two and Wolski would outproduce these types of guys. Might not be ideal, but it should be fine at least until an obviously better option comes along.

JeffMangum 07-14-2011 09:38 AM

I actually have been interested in Kostitsyn for a while. He'd be a great fit with Anisimov/Callahan; can put up ~20 goals, ~45 points, and when he feels like it, he can be an absolute wrecking ball. His hitting skills are very underrated; he hits like a truck. He's akin to Wolski in the sense that he's extremely inconsistent on the score sheet, but he's actually valuable in a sense that doesn't include strictly offense.

That Stepan Guy 07-14-2011 09:49 AM

I'd only want Kuntiz because of how much I like him as a player. I'd love to have him on the team, but no way do I give up assets to Pittsburgh.

Booth, Kunitz, Sharp, Kostistyn, R. Bourque, and Clowe are players I'd look into. Semin wouldn't last a day under Tortorella. I'm just hoping Sharp hits FA next year. If he does, I expect the Rangers to heavily pursue him.

Darrelle Lundqvist 07-14-2011 10:01 AM

Good list. The only LW's that I can see beneficial and possibly available to us are Benn, Booth, Bourque and Kostitsyn.

JeffMangum 07-14-2011 10:03 AM

I would just forget about Benn. He's [going to be] Dallas' franchise for the next 10-15 years. Niuewendyk loves him, as well he should.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 07-14-2011 10:06 AM

Am I the only one who is dubious on Booth?

broadwayblue 07-14-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 35014239)

I am as well. A year removed from his concussion and he still doesn't appear to be at the level he was prior.

howztheglass 07-14-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Nope I agree 100% with you--I wouldn't touch him.

JeffMangum 07-14-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

I'm somewhat concerned in regards to his health; he did play every game last year, but he didn't seem to be as involved as he was the years prior.

howztheglass 07-14-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 35013479)
I actually have been interested in Kostitsyn for a while. He'd be a great fit with Anisimov/Callahan; can put up ~20 goals, ~45 points, and when he feels like it, he can be an absolute wrecking ball. His hitting skills are very underrated; he hits like a truck. He's akin to Wolski in the sense that he's extremely inconsistent on the score sheet, but he's actually valuable in a sense that doesn't include strictly offense.

I agree Kostitsyn would look good next to AA/Cally my only problem would be if he can get along with Torts--some times he looks like he takes shifts off but when he gets going he's a good player.

howztheglass 07-14-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 35014509)
I'm somewhat concerned in regards to his health; he did play every game last year, but he didn't seem to be as involved as he was the years prior.

He's playing like he's afraid to get hit again--he had a serious concussion I bet if he doesn't lose that fear he will never be the same player he was.

I don't watch many Fla. games but I bet you he doesn't go over the middle like he use to.

Anyone who ever played before know's as hard as the boards are I would rather get checked along them then be hit in the open ice--the boards take away some of the impact where as in the open there's no where to do but down.

bernmeister 07-14-2011 11:06 AM

Great list
also no on Booth for now --- see if he returns more closely to form

Would add that as to Patrick Sharp, not only don't think they'd move him, but don't think they'd give him up for assets we'd consider moving.

Clowe is the best --- but outside --- chance.
They are not as desperate for D since adding Burns, but could be looking to add further.
They will want a lot, but it MAY be do-able.
I don't think there is a consensus on what SJ would demand.
They are not likely to move him either, but could be more likely than Sharp..

Radek27 07-14-2011 11:11 AM

No one likes Brenden Morrow? He is a Torts kinda player I think.

A true power foward on the wing.......one can only dream.

gotmonte 07-14-2011 11:17 AM

How many times has Sather have to tell us that we will be finding that LW WITHIN THE RANGERS ORGANIZATION AND HE WILL NOT GO OUT OF THE ORG TO FIND IT. He MAY go out for a PMD though.

This is why Sather refuses to talk to the media/Fan's. Because when he says something, you guys dont listen and misconstrue it into your own personal wishes. If he says no to a position, all you hear is Sather talking about that position and immediately it is "OH MAN SATHER SAID WE ARE HEAVY IN THE HUNT FOR THIS POSITION". If Sather says he is finding that position in the organization all you hear is "we will use our organizational players to trade for that position".

Its comical and sad all at the same time.

Get it through your heads. LW will be from within whether you LIKE it or NOT.

beastly115 07-14-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Nope. Im with you. Stay away from this guy.

Most of the guys on that list arent much of an upgrade on Dubinsky. If we trade for a LW it needs to be a top 3. An elite guy. No fringe 1st liners. No 2nd liners. A top tier winger. It will cost us but we need top end talent.

I dont see us making that trade until next years trade deadline.

NYR Viper 07-14-2011 11:54 AM

Top-6 LWer

I don't normally do this, but I was looking around at some players who may be, or become available and one player that caught my eye was Nik Antropov. He had a down year last year and makes over 4 million for the next 2 years but he would add a solid top-6 winger/center with size and the ability to stand in front of the net on the PP.

Wolski(1 year left on the contract) for Antropov(2 years left)?

I would take Antropov over Wolski any day.

Flame away

JeffMangum 07-14-2011 11:57 AM

I like Antropov a lot, but he's coming off of an injury-riddled season; not sure if he'll be up to snuff in that department come the start of the season.

And, from a Winnipeg perspective, I don't see the incentive of trading Antropov for Wolski, considering they won't be anywhere near the cap ceiling, and Antropov's upside (in regards to production for next season) is higher than Wolski's.

NYR Viper 07-14-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 35018193)
I like Antropov a lot, but he's coming off of an injury-riddled season; not sure if he'll be up to snuff in that department come the start of the season.

And, from a Winnipeg perspective, I don't see the incentive of trading Antropov for Wolski, considering they won't be anywhere near the cap ceiling, and Antropov's upside (in regards to production for next season) is higher than Wolski's.

Because Antropov's contract is for 2 more years. They rid themselves of that contract while giving a skilled player like Wolski a shot to improve his game and possibly move him at the deadline for a few picks to hurry along their rebuild.

Antropov played 76 games last year. Same as the year before. The points just weren't coming.

JeffMangum 07-14-2011 12:01 PM

He was coming off of hip surgery; he was playing below 100% nearly the entire season.

Fitzy 07-14-2011 12:02 PM

I would trade Wolski for Antropov if a 2nd rounder was coming back our way but i'd play him with Anisimov rather than Richards.

And Antropov can play RW, which is proabably what he would, and we'd end up with something like;

Fedotenko-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Antropov
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

NYR Sting 07-14-2011 12:06 PM

The LW issue isn't going to be solved this season anyway. If anything, the Rangers will probably try to trade for Doan, should the Yotes situation continue to deteriorate, and move him to LW.

GAGLine 07-14-2011 12:22 PM

Not interested in Antropov. If he only had 1 year left, I might make that deal. But he's been here before and while he was decent, I don't think he'll provide more than Wolski will. I'd rather roll the dice on Wolski and if he doesn't work out, let him walk next year. If we make the deal and Antropov doesn't work out, we're stuck with him.

Diehardfan419 07-14-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting36e (Post 35018617)
The LW issue isn't going to be solved this season anyway. If anything, the Rangers will probably try to trade for Doan, should the Yotes situation continue to deteriorate, and move him to LW.

Now THAT guy I love.

DutchShamrock 07-14-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Me too, I want no part of him

How is Lucic a maybe? He's going no where

I hate Doan, so overrated its unbelievable.