HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Finland (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   finnish defenders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=951465)

vsk92 07-15-2011 11:37 AM

finnish defenders

why is there so few good defenders that are NHL quality currently playing

only Salo, Timonen, Pitkanen and Lydman :(

are the future prospects in this category any better than previous years??

Latex* 07-15-2011 12:03 PM

Rasmus Ristolainen and Olli Määttä look like awesome prospects. I guess the next few drafts are looking pretty strong as far as Defence goes.

vsk92 07-15-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut (Post 35055955)
Rasmus Ristolainen and Olli Määttä look like awesome prospects. I guess the next few drafts are looking pretty strong as far as Defence goes.

yeah i look forward to see how vatanen and maatta do but apart from that, i really dont know many more

Mara 07-15-2011 01:16 PM

Ville Pokka definitely has some potential, hopefully he'll get lots of ice time in the farm and do well on the national j team.

YARR123 07-15-2011 02:59 PM

90s:
Teemu Eronen
Jyri Niemi
91s:
Sami Vatanen
Jyrki Jokipakka
Rasmus Rissanen
Tommi Kivistö
92:
Jani Hakanpää
93:
-
94:
Olli Määttä
Rasmus Ristolainen
Ville Pokka
Mikko Lehtonen
Mikko Vainonen
Markus Kojo

Määttä, Ristolainen and Vatanen all possess star potential, while the rest have a chance to become solid NHLers.

Bloodhound 01-20-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YARR123 (Post 35063483)
90s:
Teemu Eronen
Jyri Niemi
91s:
Sami Vatanen
Jyrki Jokipakka
Rasmus Rissanen
Tommi Kivistö
92:
Jani Hakanpää
93:
-
94:
Olli Määttä
Rasmus Ristolainen
Ville Pokka
Mikko Lehtonen
Mikko Vainonen
Markus Kojo

Määttä, Ristolainen and Vatanen all possess star potential, while the rest have a chance to become solid NHLers.

I noticed that you had no one in 93`s Patrik Parkkonen is the best D in that age IMO.

YARR123 01-20-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OsalaFan (Post 42796999)
I noticed that you had no one in 93`s Patrik Parkkonen is the best D in that age IMO.

That was a list of NHL prospects, and I don't find Parkkonen to be an NHL prospect.

Bloodhound 01-20-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YARR123 (Post 42797247)
That was a list of NHL prospects, and I don't find Parkkonen to be an NHL prospect.

You might be right. Is he drafted? If not do you see any chance he will be drafted this year?

Bloodhound 01-20-2012 02:44 PM

And also I would add Esa Lindell. He is NHL prospect in my books.

YARR123 01-20-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OsalaFan (Post 42799245)
You might be right. Is he drafted? If not do you see any chance he will be drafted this year?

He's not drafted and I've never heard that he's making any noise in north america. He's a very small defenseman and he would have to be exceptionally good to be regarded as an NHL prospect. I don't think he has much chance to get drafted.

I agree that Esa Lindell is definitely an NHL prospect, that list was made already half a year ago, and much has changed since then. For example I doubt I would have Kojo in there at the moment, at least he doesn't match well in comparison to Määttä, Pokka, Ristolainen, Vainonen, Lehtonen and now Niklas Tikkinen as well.

If some 93's should be mentioned, it would be late 93's Oskari Rantakari and Petteri Lindbohm, whom are both first eligible in next summers draft. Both were ranked in top-50 of CSS midterm rankings. Wether either of them gets drafted is very questionable, though.

Bloodhound 01-20-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YARR123 (Post 42801115)
He's not drafted and I've never heard that he's making any noise in north america. He's a very small defenseman and he would have to be exceptionally good to be regarded as an NHL prospect. I don't think he has much chance to get drafted.

I agree that Esa Lindell is definitely an NHL prospect, that list was made already half a year ago, and much has changed since then. For example I doubt I would have Kojo in there at the moment, at least he doesn't match well in comparison to Määttä, Pokka, Ristolainen, Vainonen, Lehtonen and now Niklas Tikkinen as well.

If some 93's should be mentioned, it would be late 93's Oskari Rantakari and Petteri Lindbohm, whom are both first eligible in next summers draft. Both were ranked in top-50 of CSS midterm rankings. Wether either of them gets drafted is very questionable, though.

Thanks mate would love to see Parkkonen in HIFK next year. If he is not NHL material I think he would be lethal in FEL!

21 01-23-2012 02:40 AM

Please give me some insight about Marcus Fagerudd.

He has been dominating in J20 for Luleå breaking a club record but not given a chance in SEL, now heading to BIK Karlskoga? A strange story.
http://hockey.expressen.se/nyheter/1...-i-allsvenskan

YARR123 01-23-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21 (Post 42954167)
Please give me some insight about Marcus Fagerudd.

He has been dominating in J20 for Luleå breaking a club record but not given a chance in SEL, now heading to BIK Karlskoga? A strange story.
http://hockey.expressen.se/nyheter/1...-i-allsvenskan

Interesting story, but yeah, strange. One would think he should have cracked Luleås roster with that kind of playing. You guys probably know more about him because he wasn't making much noise when he played in Finland, he was merely a better than average J20 player for Pori Ässät. Looks like he's made some big big steps with his game.

But Allsvenskan is a good league right? Should be good for his development

FiLe 01-23-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YARR123 (Post 42954449)
But Allsvenskan is a good league right? Should be good for his development

It's exactly the same thing they do over here as well. When a junior player is clearly too good for junior hockey but there's no room in the men's team, they loan him to Mestis.

21 01-23-2012 07:10 AM

Well, 44 points on 33 matches is very impressive.

He is 19 year old, not 17.

Well, I guess that Luleå have great defenders this season or perhaps just a strange decision. Only looking at maximizing ice time it's perhaps a good decision.

cheerupmurray 01-23-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21 (Post 42955907)
Well, 44 points on 33 matches is very impressive.

He is 19 year old, not 17.

Well, I guess that Luleå have great defenders this season or perhaps just a strange decision. Only looking at maximizing ice time it's perhaps a good decision.

I also think they could have given Fagerudd a couple of more chances, but Luleås defense is pretty stacked and have been playing very well. The best defense in Elitserien I would say. Jaakola is a big part of that. Extremely solid player that also have a bit of a mean streak.

Players being loaned out to Allsvenskan happens all the time, gives them some experience from senior hockey before they get a chance for the SEL-team.

YARR123 01-23-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiLe (Post 42954873)
It's exactly the same thing they do over here as well. When a junior player is clearly too good for junior hockey but there's no room in the men's team, they loan him to Mestis.

I know, except that Allsvenskan is a lot better than Mestis