HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   HockeyBuzz: Nazem Kadri for Kyle Turris? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=951563)

S2S 07-15-2011 11:43 AM

Nazem Kadri for Kyle Turris?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Adam-...lose/155/37090

Its been on the Leaf board for a little while and I didn't see it here. Being a hockeybuzz blogger I don't think this is the most credible, but hypothetically what do you think?

I feel neither team does this. This is a big year for both players as it could be a breakout for both. Instead of risking a deal like this, you might as well hold on to your guy and see how they turn out. Also Phoenix needs guys at center so I'm not sure why they would do this, unless they felt Kadri is fine at center.

Either way, there is value, and both haven't reached their potential, but neither team does it and should be patient with their guy.

TML g u n n e R s* 07-15-2011 11:45 AM

no..

TOML 07-15-2011 11:45 AM

Why is TO urgently trying to ship out Kadri?

Analyzer 07-15-2011 11:46 AM

Just because no one else likes him, doesn't mean you have to ship him out asap.

devilishleafs 07-15-2011 11:47 AM

IMO trade Kadri. He hasnt shown anything and has a loud mouth when it comes to locker room and organization. Turris is what the Leafs are desperate for a young center with some playoff experience after the Detroit series.

jmart21 07-15-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilishleafs (Post 35055313)
IMO trade Kadri. He hasnt shown anything and has a loud mouth when it comes to locker room and organization. Turris is what the Leafs are desperate for a young center with some playoff experience after the Detroit series.

Please provide one shred of evidence for this....?

The kid has had nothing but a positive attitude and respect for people in the organization. :shakehead

JeffMangum 07-15-2011 11:50 AM

Would be a steal for TOR IMO.

Don't think PHX would do this.

jmart21 07-15-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 35055461)
Would be a steal for TOR IMO.

Don't think PHX would do this.

Yes, it could be.

But it could also be a steal for PHX.

At the point each of these players is in their "careers", that's the nature of this trade. Could go either way.

devilishleafs 07-15-2011 11:53 AM

He was sent down last year for his attitude and it was brought up again early this year about his defensive play and attitude in the locker room. Im not saying he is an awful kid but he looks to be immature at times. He has alot of work still to prove he can play at the NHL level.

shaner89 07-15-2011 11:54 AM

I wouldnt do it if i were the Leafs

Kadri had better AHL and NHL numbers.

Both have big season to prove them selves.

RandV 07-15-2011 11:54 AM

Turris is a center, Phoenix needs centers badly, and Toronto doesn't anymore after the Connolly signing. It would have at least made sense from a Toronto perspective before July 1st, but not anymore. No sense for Phoenix to do it, and no need for Toronto anymore.

devilishleafs 07-15-2011 11:56 AM

Turris is showing the sparks already that he is ready to play in the league, so ya Im for Turris and the Kadri trade.

dubey 07-15-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs (Post 35055263)
Why is TO urgently trying to ship out Kadri?

What?

Yog S'loth 07-15-2011 11:59 AM

I'd take Kadri over Turris. By a lot. And I hate the Leafs.

hdtrax 07-15-2011 11:59 AM

keep Kadri. I like Turris but Kadri has got a "Nazty" streak to him that could be awesome in a season or two.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode 07-15-2011 12:00 PM

I'd do it, but I don't think the coyotes should do it.

Dr Danglefest 07-15-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

since when? :help:

the only logic behind this is aquiring a pure-bred center for a center/wing, whom is more destined to play wing

cant see PHX wanting to do this anyways so this is kind of a non-starter

jmart21 07-15-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilishleafs (Post 35055563)
He was sent down last year for his attitude and it was brought up again early this year about his defensive play and attitude in the locker room. Im not saying he is an awful kid but he looks to be immature at times. He has alot of work still to prove he can play at the NHL level.

This is completely false.

He was sent down last year because he wasn't ready (physically) for the NHL.

There has never been any indication of an attitude problem with Kadri. Everytime he has been demoted he has been postive, gone down to the A and improved on what management/coaching has requested.

theIceWookie 07-15-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Despite my views on Turris, or his 4 games of playoff experience, what has Kadri ever done to show you he has a loud mouth? Or that he hasn't shown anything?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest (Post 35055895)
since when? :help:

the only logic behind this is aquiring a pure-bred center for a center/wing, whom is more destined to play wing

cant see PHX wanting to do this anyways so this is kind of a non-starter

Exactly. Phoenix needs centers and moving one for a winger makes little sense.

rt 07-15-2011 12:05 PM

Dumb. Worthless ******** rumor. Turris goes nowhere.

Phion Keneuf 07-15-2011 12:10 PM

why would either team do this ?

i wouldn't mind a Kadri for OEL swap though :P

theIceWookie 07-15-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 35056041)
Dumb. Worthless ******** rumor. Turris goes nowhere.

The funny thing is that its a Phoenix blogger saying the rumor. All the Leaf fans don't think it makes any sense for either team.

Oates2Neely 07-15-2011 12:11 PM

Turris seems to have more upside than Kadri. Phoenix a tad weak at center. This deal would never happen, although Burke would do it in a heartbeat if opportunity presented itself. Kadri will perhaps be a good player in the NHL, but he was certainly a reach at #7, he doesn't have quite the upside that most thought he did. 3rd line energy guy maybe decent 2nd line winger someday.

mikeo1 07-15-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilishleafs (Post 35055563)

Did Sidney Crosby sit out 41 games for inappropriate locker room conduct too?

Man Hole Inspector* 07-15-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oates2Neely (Post 35056277)
Turris seems to have more upside than Kadri. Phoenix a tad weak at center. This deal would never happen, although Burke would do it in a heartbeat if opportunity presented itself. Kadri will perhaps be a good player in the NHL, but he was certainly a reach at #7, he doesn't have quite the upside that most thought he did. 3rd line energy guy maybe decent 2nd line winger someday.

What the hell are you talking about? LMAO He played most of the season on the AHL Marlies averaging almost a PPG as a 20 year old with a couple call-ups. Most of his call-ups he played on the third line with Boyce/Armstrong. You mad about his shootout skills against Boston?