HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Trades To Help Future (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=95309)

NYRebuilding 08-02-2004 08:01 PM

Trades To Help Future

Since we are rebuilding and all...

To Rangers:
Coburn - D

To Atlanta
Kasparaitis - D
Blackburn - G
Rachunek - D

The thrashers are looking to be the clear favorites in a weak division and this would help to make it happen. I know they have Lehtonen but Blackburn is expendable to us and he is still a valuable commodity. Rachunek i personally am not a fan of but i know that some people think highly of him.

To Rangers:
Grigorenko - RW
Hudler - C
Fischer - D

To Detroit:
Jagr - RW

Detroit is not at all in a rebuilding mode and with the loss of Hull they do not have a scorer on the right side. Jagr as we know has been the most consistent point producer in the past few years. He also is not much of a financial burden because of the money the Caps are paying.

To Rangers:
Michalek - LW

To Sharks:
Holik - C (Pay half of salary)

The Rangers are weak on the left side in their system and have been for years. The sharks are always one of the most hard working teams so Holik should fit in nicely and with half his salary being paid hes coming at a discount.

To Rangers:
Higgins - LW
Chipchura - C

To Montreal:
Lundquivst - G
Poti - D

Montreal has one of the best goaltenders in the league but no solid goalies in their system imo. They can afford to deal two forwards because of the quality and depth in their system. Poti would be great on their power play feeding Souray for one-timers.

FUTURE LINES:

Korpikoski - Hudler - Grigorenko
Michalek - Graham/Immonen - Jessiman
Lundmark - Chipchura - Murray
Higgins - Falardeau - Ortmeyer

Tyutin - Coburn
Fischer - Pock
Kondratiev - Taylor

Montoya
Labarbera

Extras: D. Moore, Lampman, Baranka, Jonasen, Prucha, Dawes, Giroux, Roche, Kozak, helminen, all of our second/third round picks from this past draft

THIS IS MY DREAM TEAM BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Fotiu22 08-02-2004 08:18 PM

:loony:

little a from da bx 08-02-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRebuilding

To Rangers:
Coburn - D

To Atlanta
Kasparaitis - D
Blackburn - G
Rachunek - D

The thrashers are looking to be the clear favorites in a weak division and this would help to make it happen. I know they have Lehtonen but Blackburn is expendable to us and he is still a valuable commodity. Rachunek i personally am not a fan of but i know that some people think highly of him.

To Rangers:
Grigorenko - RW
Hudler - C
Fischer - D

To Detroit:
Jagr - RW

Detroit is not at all in a rebuilding mode and with the loss of Hull they do not have a scorer on the right side. Jagr as we know has been the most consistent point producer in the past few years. He also is not much of a financial burden because of the money the Caps are paying.

To Rangers:
Michalek - LW

To Sharks:

The Rangers are weak on the left side in their system and have been for years. The sharks are always one of the most hard working teams so Holik should fit in nicely and with half his salary being paid hes coming at a discount.

To Rangers:
Higgins - LW
Chipchura - C

To Montreal:
Lundquivst - G
Poti - D

Montreal has one of the best goaltenders in the league but no solid goalies in their system imo. They can afford to deal two forwards because of the quality and depth in their system. Poti would be great on their power play feeding Souray for one-timers.

FUTURE LINES:

Tyutin - Coburn
Fischer - Pock
Kondratiev - Taylor

Montoya
Labarbera

Extras: D. Moore, Lampman, Baranka, Jonasen, Prucha, Dawes, Giroux, Roche, Kozak, helminen, all of our second/third round picks from this past draft

sorry but every trade there is unrealistic and wouldnt happen, maybe the only onw that would work is sanjose which i highly doubt. det wouldnt do that at all and same for atlanta and mtl,i mean are these proposals or just what YOU would like.and all honesty the offensive lines i dont like at all, that lineup wuould be getting beat up every game, if thats your dream team than i dont know what to tell u, sorry to be so negative but thats my opinion. u dont want to trade montoya but u do blackburn, and if lets say next year we darft another goaile first round ( it wont happen but just saying ) than u would say trade montoya and use him, u are just excited to have montoya think realistically who would be better , i dont understand this board we draft a goalie 6 th and everyone thoiks this kid is the best thing in the world. i just dont get it

little a from da bx 08-02-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fotiu22
:loony:

well said with out being rude, guess my post was a little rough, oh well ...

Kubera55 08-02-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

To Rangers:
Coburn - D

To Atlanta
Kasparaitis - D
Blackburn - G
Rachunek - D

A strange trade for both teams. The Rangers give up absolutely PILES of youth for a totally unproven prospect, and then jam Kaspar and his horribly contract down Atlanta's throat. Meanwhile Atlanta has Lehtonin, so why are they interested in Blackburn in the first place?

Truthfully, with the addition of Valabik and the Thrasher's kiddie corps of defensemen, I could see Atlanta trading someone like Coburn for a vet, but neither the charmin-soft Rachunek nor the wildy overpriced Kaspar makes much sense for them.

Meanwhile, the Rangers are radically over paying for a mere-prospect... that's a talent package that should land Phaneuf+, if you take out the salary cap worries. And Coburn is no Phaneuf.

Quote:

To Rangers:
Grigorenko - RW
Hudler - C
Fischer - D

To Detroit:
Jagr - RW

This one I actually like a bit, but not a ton. Jagr is definitely movable, depending on the terms of the new CBA. And Detroit, which just lost Hull and has a decrepit Yzerman and Shannahan on the payroll could definitely be interested in the Super-Czech. But I have to think under any kind of a Tax/Cap scenario, they wouldn't be quite as generous with the youth given Jagr's age, personality, and recurrent 'groin' issues. I'd say Fischer is definitely mobile, but I think Grigorenko or Hudler would be the best the Rangers can add, not both (maybe with a draft pick tho).

Quote:

To Rangers:
Michalek - LW

To Sharks:

Worst of the bunch. San Jose moves probably it's top prospect for a lead anchor of a contract and a sewer of a personality. Who cares if they 'only' have to pay Holik $4.5 million for three years? The Sharks would have to be drunk to even consider this.

Meanwhile the Rangers have now traded away all their upfront size with Jagr and Holik both gone, and you've got a squad of smurfs up front getting pounded out there. You better hope Jessiman is everything the press clippings say he is, and that he's going to show up SOON, because until he does, the rest of the Rangers forwards are going to feel like Beecher on Oz.

Quote:

To Rangers:
Higgins - LW
Chipchura - C

To Montreal:
Lundquivst - G
Poti - D

Montreal has Theodore in nets, and Yann Dannis in the system (who's hardly chicken feed). While I don't doubt they'd be interested in Lundqvist, they are hardly dying for him. And Poti? Well they've got Souray emerging, Brisebios still on the roster, and Ron Hainsey and Mike Komisarek still developing. Why do they need Poti and his defensive mistakes?

More than anything, they need size up front. Higgens is no bruiser, but at least he isn't a shrimp. And Chipchurra has very good size. So again, I just don't see this as remotely matching need to need.

majicpixie 08-02-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

To Rangers:
Michalek - LW

To Sharks:

Believe me, the Sharks wouldn't trade Michalek for anything right now. They're in love with the kid. If he hadn't gone down twice last season with knee injuries, he would have played all 82 games with the Sharks.

Onion Boy 08-02-2004 11:06 PM

:help:

Patty Ice 08-03-2004 04:15 AM

Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where George was tryin to get the assistant to the GM of the Yankees job?

dumpsathernow* 08-03-2004 07:27 AM

To Rangers:
Coburn - D

To Atlanta
Kasparaitis - D
Blackburn - G
Rachunek - D

This is isanity. I wouldn't trade Blackburn for Coburn in a million years. Coburn will be nothing more then a 5th, 6th defenseman and even the Thrashers have said that.

Fletch 08-03-2004 07:31 AM

Without debating the merits of each trade...

I seriously doubt Sather would trade away his goalie depth right now and rely solely on Montoya [and Labarbera] for the future.

Bacchus 08-03-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:

FUTURE LINES:

Tyutin - Coburn
Fischer - Pock
Kondratiev - Taylor

Montoya
Labarbera

And now let Montoya turn out to be Labarbera pt 2 and we have a goalie problem. ;)

NYR469 08-03-2004 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackisback
This is isanity. I wouldn't trade Blackburn for Coburn in a million years. Coburn will be nothing more then a 5th, 6th defenseman and even the Thrashers have said that.

when did the thrashers say that?

kazo 08-03-2004 08:36 AM

Quote:

To Rangers:
Coburn - D

To Atlanta
Kasparaitis - D
Blackburn - G
Rachunek - D

So the Thrashers draft Coburn #1 and then turn around trash the kid's confidence by calling him a 5 or 6, at best.

I'd like to know where exactly you got that quote from Atlanta.

NYR469 08-03-2004 08:36 AM

not only are you sending 2 young goalies to teams that have absolutely no need for a goalie...shouldn't we wait for montoya to atleast play in the ahl before declaring him the #1 and dealing off blackburn & lundqvist?

dumpsathernow* 08-03-2004 12:02 PM

I'm pretty sure I read about it in the Hockey News and it was a comment from the GM. I'm almost positive of this. They said he might be a 4th defenseman but 5th-6th for sure. In other words. They didn't have a lot of confidence in him. The word soft also has come up in a few places I've read about him.

kazo 08-03-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I read about it in the Hockey News and it was a comment from the GM. I'm almost positive of this. They said he might be a 4th defenseman but 5th-6th for sure. In other words. They didn't have a lot of confidence in him. The word soft also has come up in a few places I've read about him.

It's no big deal but I just wonder why any GM would say something like that about the eighth pick overall. How could you draft him if you have little confidence in him?
Just doesn't make much sense.

NYR469 08-03-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

without seeing the actual quote, i'm willing to bet $$ that they were talking about coburn's role next year, not his future potential. saying that he can be the 4th or 5th dman THIS YEAR as a 19 year old, not that they don't think he'll ever be better than that in the future

Radek27 08-03-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
without seeing the actual quote, i'm willing to bet $$ that they were talking about coburn's role next year, not his future potential. saying that he can be the 4th or 5th dman THIS YEAR as a 19 year old, not that they don't think he'll ever be better than that in the future

This is probably what was ment..................I know ATL is very hi on Coburn. They just signed him and I think he is expected to play in ATL.
If you wanna go after a good young dman maybe try CLB and get Klesla out of there. He hasn't progressed as fast as CLB has hoped and I think he would be available for the right deal. They have Denis and Leclaire so I dont think they would want a goalie which is really the best thing we have for trade right now.

True Blue 08-03-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

I have yet to see anything that remotely resembles that in any publication/site. Atlanta LOVES Coburn. Kid is the top line defenseman that we are currently dreaming about.

free0717 08-03-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

To Rangers:
Coburn - D

To Atlanta
Kasparaitis - D
Blackburn - G
Rachunek - D

To Rangers:
Grigorenko - RW
Hudler - C
Fischer - D

To Detroit:
Jagr - RW

To Rangers:
Michalek - LW

To Sharks:

To Rangers:
Higgins - LW
Chipchura - C

To Montreal:
Lundquivst - G
Poti - D

FUTURE LINES:

Tyutin - Coburn
Fischer - Pock
Kondratiev - Taylor

Montoya
Labarbera

How can you say Atlanta is in a weak division. The Stanley Cup Champion came from there division. You think that Atlanta has any chance of unseeding the Bolts?

shadoz19 08-04-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

To Rangers:
Grigorenko - RW
Hudler - C
Fischer - D

To Detroit:
Jagr - RW

NYR acquired Jagr for Anson Carter with Washington picking up $5m a year. Do you think he's worth more than that now?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-04-2004 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoz19
NYR acquired Jagr for Anson Carter with Washington picking up $5m a year. Do you think he's worth more than that now?

He is for two reasons:

1) He's cheaper than he was.

2) He is not the financial anchor with the Rangers that he was with the Caps and the Rangers don't have to trade him.

Not saying that the Rangers would get a package like the proposed one back but they would certainly do better than Anson Carter.

shadoz19 08-04-2004 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
He is for two reasons:

1) He's cheaper than he was.

2) He is not the financial anchor with the Rangers that he was with the Caps and the Rangers don't have to trade him.

Not saying that the Rangers would get a package like the proposed one back but they would certainly do better than Anson Carter.

1) Still the same $6m/year when the Rangers acquired him.

2) I'll agree with you on this one.

Chief 08-06-2004 01:02 AM

Quote:

Coburn will be nothing more then a 5th, 6th defenseman and even the Thrashers have said that.

I don't know where you're getting your (mis)information from but Coburn is one of Atlanta's best prospects. He will anchor their top D-pair before long and he is Captain material.

dumpsathernow* 08-06-2004 05:43 AM

It's no mis(information). Coburn has been disappointed according to Atlanta in the minors. I could care less where he was drafted. It means nothing. Brendl and Lundmark were drafted 4th and 9th. Stefan has been a total bust and he was first overall I believe.

It's about time people overrating all these other teams prospects because they simply aren't that good.