HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Lightning to play pre-season game at Amway Center, Orlando (9/21) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=953185)

X0X0A0 07-18-2011 02:50 PM

Lightning to play pre-season game at Amway Center, Orlando (9/21)

http://twitter.com/#!/erlendssontrib
Quote:

#tblightning have a news conference scheduled for Orlando tomorrow where team is expected to announce preseason game to be played Sept 21

#tblightning previously scheduled to play in Winnipeg that night vs. St Louis Blues. When preseason sched came out the date was listed TBA

IdealisticSniper 07-18-2011 03:00 PM

Awesome. Im going to go to that one.

I know this just came out but anyone think that that game ticket will be included in our season tickets?

stammerhammer91 07-18-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 35141553)
Awesome. Im going to go to that one.

I know this just came out but anyone think that that game ticket will be included in our season tickets?

I hope so and i think it should be, or at least give us a discount

TheDaysOf 04 07-18-2011 05:34 PM

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...me-in-orlando/

The news conference will be at 2:15 pm

Felonious Python 07-18-2011 05:47 PM

http://i.imgur.com/pBwZ6.jpg

PanthersHockey1 07-18-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 (Post 35146515)

The news conference will be at 2:15 pm

Def coming down from Gainesville to see this. Wish the panthers were playing the bolts get some good old Florida hockey going.

TheDaysOf 04 07-19-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Tickets to the game will go on sale to the general public on Saturday, July 23 at 10 a.m. with a pre-sale being open to select buyers beginning on July 20.

CommunistDayKare 07-19-2011 08:07 PM

SOLAR BEARS :yo:

EbencoyE 07-20-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommunistDayKare (Post 35187579)
SOLAR BEARS :yo:

It would be awesome if they paid homage to the Solar Bears somehow. The Turner Cup is in Orlando I believe. Maybe they could bust it out for a mini-ceremony with some of the winning players making appearances? Have the Bolts wear Solar Bears uniforms in the warm-ups then auction them? I would get tickets just to see that.

Felonious Python 07-20-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EbencoyE (Post 35200859)
It would be awesome if they paid homage to the Solar Bears somehow. The Turner Cup is in Orlando I believe. Maybe they could bust it out for a mini-ceremony with some of the winning players making appearances? Have the Bolts wear Solar Bears uniforms in the warm-ups then auction them? I would get tickets just to see that.

That would be completely awesome. Brett Clark was on that cup winning team, although that season would not be my personal favorite. It seemed like they won it in a diminished league.

The Turner Cup isn't in Orlando though. The last I heard, it was at the HHOF in Toronto.

I'm not sure if the 'new' IHL, (or the old UHL/CoHL) is using the same physical cup now.

BoltSonian33 07-20-2011 03:54 PM

:rant::rant: one week before i arrive in kissimmee.**** that.

Felonious Python 07-20-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltSonian33 (Post 35214563)
:rant::rant: one week before i arrive in kissimmee.**** that.

what about the time difference? :sarcasm:

bluemandan 07-21-2011 09:41 AM

Visting fans

Hello all! I am think of visiting some friends in Orlando later this year. They are transplants from St. Louis, and I will be visiting from there. We are thinking about attending the Blues v Lightning pre-season game.

Is there anything we should know?

Good/bad sections to sit in?
Good pubs to eat and drink at before/after the game?
Decent hotels within walking distance?
Are there any pre-game festivities worth seeing?
Any other general info would be appreciated as well.

Thank you all for you advice.

Felonious Python 07-21-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemandan (Post 35235573)
Hello all! I am think of visiting some friends in Orlando later this year. They are transplants from St. Louis, and I will be visiting from there. We are thinking about attending the Blues v Lightning pre-season game.

There's never been a hockey game played at the Amway Center, so good/bad seats are currently unknown. The building is not designed for hockey, I can tell you that much. Just like it's hardly been designed for basketball, or even people in general.

The only hotel I know of within walking distance is the downtown Orlando Marriott, but since you pretty much are required to have a car around here, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

'Downtown' Orlando is basically a misnomer. A small, empty shell. Only occupied by buildings available for lease.

What I can tell you that's positive is that the Lightning's crew are going to go in there, and ****ing embarrass the Magic in their own building.

DangleDoppler 07-21-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemandan (Post 35235573)

Church street has all of the "mainstream" clubs/bars Latitudes is neat it's a bar on the roof, big belly brewery does nickel beer on Wednesdays and that would definitely be a place to hit up before the game ;-)

I-bar, BBQ bar, and the lodge are all of your trendy bars next to Finnhenrys an Irish pub...

Hamburger Marys has a really unique (drag queens) atmosphere and the food is pretty good at a decent price...

And Finally the Amway center is really nice, I had the pleasure of going to the first game ever played there by the Magic in the preseason, and the facility it pretty nice..It seems a little big to be a hockey arena, but we'll see how they accommodate it...For basketball it was perfect, there wasn't a bad seat in the house...The concession stands were pretty pricey and the selection was weak imo...

Felonious Python 07-23-2011 10:17 AM

Got my tickets.

LightningStrikes 07-23-2011 10:49 AM

Will this be on TV?

CommunistDayKare 07-23-2011 11:57 AM

You better believe i'll be there.

FrancoRussianAlaskan 07-23-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningStrikes (Post 35304107)
Will this be on TV?

I tweeted at the team to find out if any of the preseason games, and specifically this one, will be on TV. No response yet.

Felonious Python 07-23-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Panda Bolt (Post 35309319)
I tweeted at the team to find out if any of the preseason games, and specifically this one, will be on TV. No response yet.

Paul Kennedy begun the press conference, so...

JAYSNIPEz 07-23-2011 05:25 PM

Have fun I was reading the article and I thought it said it would be played in Ontario which is where I live.

EbencoyE 08-01-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 35201041)
The Turner Cup isn't in Orlando though. The last I heard, it was at the HHOF in Toronto.

Really? I could have sworn I saw it at the RDV Sportsplex in the little museum area. Maybe it was just a replica though.

Felonious Python 08-01-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EbencoyE (Post 35567207)
Really? I could have sworn I saw it at the RDV Sportsplex in the little museum area. Maybe it was just a replica though.

How long ago was this? They did use to have some assorted IHL trophies, but those are gone. The league's defensman of the year trophy had a championship-esque quality to it. Maybe you're mixing them up?

They had to go because they were confusing people into thinking the Magic had actually won something.

:sarcasm: ?

bluemandan 08-04-2011 02:43 AM

Ok, so I'm back. I booked my flight, gonna be in town, my friends and I are excited for this. Now, how do I go about getting tickets? Can I order them online or do I need to send my friends to the arena to get them?

ThunderAlleyNomad 08-04-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemandan (Post 35652543)
Ok, so I'm back. I booked my flight, gonna be in town, my friends and I are excited for this. Now, how do I go about getting tickets? Can I order them online or do I need to send my friends to the arena to get them?

I got mine online, but if you have friends that can get them directly from the box office you'll save a bunch on ticketmaster fees.