HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Eastern Conference Power Rankings - Position 3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=953299)

Inferno 07-18-2011 05:13 PM

Eastern Conference Power Rankings - Position 3

Current Power Rankings:
1)Pittsburgh Penguins (41.51%)
2)Washington Capitals (67.82%)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

Inferno 07-18-2011 05:15 PM

This one is tough, personally speaking I think the Rangers are better than the Bruins, but I think the Bruins will end up with more points, if that makes sense. Think im gonna go with the Bruins, even though I think the Rangers are actually a better team. Bruins will have a better record, and that's why their power ranking will be higher....just my opinion.

silverfish 07-18-2011 05:15 PM

Went Bruins, was a tough decision between them and the Sabres for the division.

EDIT - Forgot this was 'power rankings' and not what we thought the final standings would look like.

Whoot Whoot 07-18-2011 05:20 PM

Whats the difference?

I voted for Tampa. Boston never seems to turn it on during the regular season.

Thumpz 07-18-2011 05:29 PM

I really think the next 5 slots in the rankings are going to be almost interchangeable between Boston, Tampa, Rangers, Flyers and Sabres. A few games that go any of these teams way and they'll end up near the top of the eastern conference next season.

Boston are obviously the cup champs and have a team that knows what it takes to win now. But can Thomas pull off another Vezina worthy season? If he does this team takes their division with ease, if not and Ryan Miller has a great season, the Sabres have a great shot at it.

For Tampa, Will Roloson be able to survive a full season as the number 1 at 42 years old? I'm expecting him to falter and TB to be left with some serious goaltending issues again this season, but I also expect Stamkos to pick up his production in the second half of the season as opposed to falling off like he did last season which may keep them in the running.

The Flyers had a complete makeover, but they still have some great, great forwards in JVR and Giroux and Briere. Adding Schenn and company might have been a great move on their part or a terrible one. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Bryzgalov play well enough to deserve that 9 year contract.

And the Rangers got Richards, kept going with the youth initiative, and have one of the more solid back-ends in the conference. If adding Richards can help bring the PP% up and the Goals For up while our one year wiser defence can bring goals against down a bit more, we may have a legitimate crack at it.

All in all, the safe bet is Boston, but these next few rankings are really hard to predict.

JeffMangum 07-18-2011 05:30 PM

Voted for Buffalo.

Really like the makeup of their team.

Machinehead 07-18-2011 05:43 PM

Normally I'm subjective, but I owe the Rangers a homer vote every once in awhile.

Cynical TyranT 07-18-2011 05:48 PM

Gotta be the defending the champs, for that alone.

azrok22 07-18-2011 05:50 PM

Pack it up -- Boston by a landslide.

Darrelle Lundqvist 07-18-2011 05:56 PM

Boston.

BrooklynRangersFan 07-18-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 35148531)
Normally I'm subjective, but I owe the Rangers a homer vote every once in awhile.

I don't think it's a homer vote. I honestly think the Rangers have the best depth and distribution of talent throughout their lineup. So long as Richards and Gabby remain (mostly) healthy, I think we've got a really good shot at the 3rd best record in the conference.

BrooklynRangersFan 07-18-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT (Post 35148635)
Gotta be the defending the champs, for that alone.

Disagree. I think they're a good PO team, but I don't think they're third in the conference over the long haul.

we want cup 07-18-2011 06:01 PM

At first I thought, "There's no way it's the Bruins." But then I looked at the other teams and.... Yeah, it's the Bruins, barring a tremendous Cup hangover.

Cynical TyranT 07-18-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan (Post 35148943)
Disagree. I think they're a good PO team, but I don't think they're third in the conference over the long haul.

Its a power ranking... not a conference finish. Considering that, its gotta be Boston.

Propane Nightmares 07-18-2011 07:11 PM

Boston for sure

broadwayblue 07-18-2011 07:18 PM

J E T S

Beacon 07-18-2011 07:23 PM

Went with the champions. They are still too good not to be ranked at least third.

SouthJerseyRanger 07-18-2011 07:56 PM

Voted Bruins... think the Rangers might be a little better, but Bruins get the vote on the merit of their Stanley Cup Final victory.

Machinehead 07-18-2011 08:01 PM

I disagree with the Boston pick. They didn't improve. Same with Tampa. That was 2011; this is 2012. In 2012 look for Boston and Tampa to move to the bottom of the playoff picture. This game changes so rapidly you really have to get better every year.

BlueshirtBlitz 07-18-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 35152243)
I disagree with the Boston pick. They didn't improve. Same with Tampa. That was 2011; this is 2012. In 2012 look for Boston and Tampa to move to the bottom of the playoff picture. This game changes so rapidly you really have to get better every year.

I think the Sabres moves are very overrated and that Boston is and always have been a very solid team. Barring an absolute collapse by Tim Thomas (don't expect him to have another season statwise like he did unless he plays 45 games this time :sarcasm:) I think they're the better team. Even then, you have Tukka who is a very solid goalie.

we want cup 07-18-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 35151039)
J E T S

What the what? :laugh:

we want cup 07-18-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 35152425)
I think the Sabres moves are very overrated and that Boston is and always have been a very solid team. Barring an absolute collapse by Tim Thomas (don't expect him to have another season statwise like he did unless he plays 45 games this time :sarcasm:) I think they're the better team. Even then, you have Tukka who is a very solid goalie.

Yeah. Regehr is on the decline after so many years playing such physical defense, and Leino is a complimentary player. Erhoff is good, but was certainly underwhelming in the playoffs when he had to face the physical Bruins, and defensemen in the East take more of a pounding than in the West, IMO.