HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   C Brandon Shea - Québec Remparts, QMJHL (2013 undrafted) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=953421)

sigx15 07-18-2011 09:31 PM

C Brandon Shea - Québec Remparts, QMJHL (2013 undrafted)
 
@chrismpeters
Chris Peters
"Hearing the same. 95-born RT @jrhockeywriter: heard from 2 sources Brandon Shea will be decommitting from BC 2 sign with Moncton Wildcats."

For those that don't know Chris Peters was the head of PR for USNTDP from 08-10

Assuming this would probably mean he would head up to the Q this year and forego his USNTDP commitment. Wonder if he signed with NTDP yet and if so will Moncton be paying the buy out fee. Don't think he would announce his deccommittment unless he was heading up this year. Although it could be them letting BC know early he's not coming because his father is a BC alum.

Big coupe for the Q either way.

William H Bonney 07-18-2011 09:41 PM

Interesting to see two touted Americans both end up in the QMJHL in the same year. Should be fun to watch how they do and how the QMJHL handles their recruiting of American kids going forward, especially with New England hockey having a bit of a resurgence currently.

I'm sure the NTDP is thrilled.

SergeConstantin74 07-18-2011 09:47 PM

There will be a new rule for the Q draft starting next June. Every team will have to draft at least two Americans. Not sure if it will change anything though.

Alpine 07-19-2011 01:19 PM

Welcome to Moncton.
Mass players Keith Yandle and Adam Pineault had not bad Jr years here.

Rabid Ranger 07-19-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 35155281)
There will be a new rule for the Q draft starting next June. Every team will have to draft at least two Americans. Not sure if it will change anything though.

I know that was announced awhile ago, but it still surprises me given Hockey Canada's association with the CHL. Was there any in depth articles why that was initiated?

HockeyMonkey3 07-19-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 35173633)
Welcome to Moncton.
Mass players Keith Yandle and Adam Pineault had not bad Jr years here.

I agree they both had good careers playing in the QMJHL

sigx15 07-19-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger (Post 35173947)
I know that was announced awhile ago, but it still surprises me given Hockey Canada's association with the CHL. Was there any in depth articles why that was initiated?

Good article on the rule change for the Q requiring teams to draft 2then americans

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey...rhockey-360155

Fixed to Ruin 07-19-2011 03:05 PM

As a Wildcats fan, I like this :handclap:

skroob** 07-19-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 35155281)
There will be a new rule for the Q draft starting next June. Every team will have to draft at least two Americans. Not sure if it will change anything though.

Well, in any case, I'm sure USA Hockey will do what is always does... forget these players exist and snub them for every international tourney that comes along.

S E P H 07-19-2011 05:01 PM

Wow this is a pretty big signing, like DeAngelo in the O and Williams in the dub.

HockeyMonkey3 07-19-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skroob (Post 35181163)
Well, in any case, I'm sure USA Hockey will do what is always does... forget these players exist and snub them for every international tourney that comes along.

USA Hockey didn't seem to snub Ryan Bourque/Remparts or the multiple USA players playing in the OHL from international competition.

scoutman1 07-19-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 35155281)
There will be a new rule for the Q draft starting next June. Every team will have to draft at least two Americans. Not sure if it will change anything though.

two extra rounds have been added to the draft for USA born players what I understood that my teams GM was telling us.

William H Bonney 07-19-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyMonkey3 (Post 35189735)
USA Hockey didn't seem to snub Ryan Bourque/Remparts or the multiple USA players playing in the OHL from international competition.

He's talking more about players that signed with the NTDP only to bail before ever playing for the program a la Bobby Ryan and Jared Knight.

Alpine 07-20-2011 11:32 AM

Keith Yandle is still waiting for the call from USA Hockey.
Wonder what hos response will be?

Rabid Ranger 07-20-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 35206803)
Keith Yandle is still waiting for the call from USA Hockey.
Wonder what hos response will be?

I guess you missed it when he played in the World Championships last year?

WreckItRask 07-20-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William H Bonney (Post 35190811)
He's talking more about players that signed with the NTDP only to bail before ever playing for the program a la Bobby Ryan and Jared Knight.

The same Jared Knight getting ready to participate at the WJC Summer Camp? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I think USA hockey is starting to move away from doing stuff like this.

Rabid Ranger 07-20-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine (Post 35211399)
The same Jared Knight getting ready to participate at the WJC Summer Camp? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I think USA hockey is starting to move away from doing stuff like this.

Don't be mistaken-Knight's been blacklisted for awhile.

sigx15 07-20-2011 06:59 PM

Ryan Kennedy says its a done deal

@THNRyanKennedy
Ryan Kennedy
Official: Forward Brandon Shea is going to Moncton, not Boston College.

By the way if anyone doesn't know what happened with the Jared Knight situation, this is almost the exact same situation that happened with knight. London swooped in after he committed and offered him and paid for him to decommit from NTDP which I think is like a $50,000 buy out. I'm guessing Moncton will have to do the same thing for this to work.

To help in Shea's favor for future USA IIHF tournements, his old man is a scout for the Ave's and knows a ton of people in USA hockey. Also Shea has the potential to be a top 15 pick in the draft and I don't think USA hockey can afford to not have him play in the WJC if he turns out to be as good as his potential says he can be. I don't see him playing in the U18 tournement because that is the NTDP's pinnacle of 2 years of work and he told them to screw.

Edges7 08-02-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigx15 (Post 35221967)

To help in Shea's favor for future USA IIHF tournements, his old man is a scout for the Ave's and knows a ton of people in USA hockey. Also Shea has the potential to be a top 15 pick in the draft and I don't think USA hockey can afford to not have him play in the WJC if he turns out to be as good as his potential says he can be. I don't see him playing in the U18 tournement because that is the NTDP's pinnacle of 2 years of work and he told them to screw.

The memory of USAH is very long and the vendettas are real...no matter "who's yer daddy"...most recently, ask Brandon Saad.

Penguins23 02-27-2012 01:47 PM

Brandon Shea has returned home because he is upset with his ice time.

SergeConstantin74 02-27-2012 04:07 PM

It doesn't look good on Moncton and American players if they end up trading him this summer. They must be really disappointed with his play considering the hype he got before coming in the Q. He was considered as good as Erne. Maybe a change of team will help him get back on track.

Kevin Forbes 02-27-2012 04:14 PM

Shea was one of the marquee American player poached from the US NTDP in recent years. With the changes in the rules in the QMJHL to encourage drafting US born players, this is, in a word, a very interesting development.

Shea doesn't have many options here. He no longer has the ability to go to the NCAA, so it is a choice between mending the relationship with Moncton or hope that they deal him somewhere for a better opportunity.

As mentioned above, he's a 2013 eligible, so the upcoming season is extremely important for him.

SergeConstantin74 02-27-2012 04:17 PM

What kind of value could he have in the Q? Because he probably comes with an important school package. I don't see a team like Baie-Comeau being able to make a pitch for him. It'll probably be between Saint John, Quebec and Halifax if Moncton trades him.

herbst20 02-27-2012 05:23 PM

Couldnt he go back to the USHL if he wanted and just not be able to go the NCAA route. There have been a few OHL guys head back to the USHL this year already. Granted it would be a step back but another possible choice?

SergeConstantin74 02-27-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbst20 (Post 45107551)
Couldnt he go back to the USHL if he wanted and just not be able to go the NCAA route. There have been a few OHL guys head back to the USHL this year already. Granted it would be a step back but another possible choice?

Yes, USHL could be an option.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.