HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Line Combos: Future Team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=953651)

Subnordi 07-19-2011 09:21 AM

Future Team
 
This intrigues me a lot, I think about it quite a bit, what would your guy's future team look like as of right now? I've noticed some good points, future team will be edited.


Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Desharnais-Eller-Palushaj
Bournival-Pribyl-Avstin
Conboy-White-Schultz

Spares:Engqvist

Yemelin-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Gorges-Weber

7th: Nash

S: Price
B: XXXXX

C: Gorges
A: Subban
A: Pacioretty

Gainey#1* 07-19-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subnordi (Post 35164807)
This intrigues me a lot, I think about it quite a bit, what would your guy's future team look like as of right now?


Pacioretty-Leblanc-Kristo
Gallagher-Eller-Palushaj
Macmillan-Pribyl-Avstin
Conboy-White-Schultz

13th: Bournival

Yemelin-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Gorges-Weber

7th: Nash

S: Price
B: Lawson

C: Gorges
A: Subban
A: Pacioretty

That defense and 4th line...

:naughty:

not quite yoda 07-19-2011 09:27 AM

yeah real life doesn't turn out that way.

trades, injuries, free agency all will alter this. also, prospects do go bust.

you can just male a list of our prospects.

x74Pacioretty74x 07-19-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subnordi (Post 35164807)
This intrigues me a lot, I think about it quite a bit, what would your guy's future team look like as of right now?


Pacioretty-Leblanc-Kristo
Gallagher-Eller-Palushaj
Macmillan-Pribyl-Avstin
Conboy-White-Schultz

13th: Bournival

Yemelin-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Gorges-Weber

7th: Nash

S: Price
B: Lawson

C: Gorges
A: Subban
A: Pacioretty


I really love the defense, but i dont think the forwards will end up like that, but definitly similar because in 2014, the UFA class is basiacally all superstars so I see MTL adding 1 or 2. Who knows, from what im hearing, maybe even Crosby in 2013..

Dutchy 07-19-2011 09:37 AM

For my money, there's a much better chance Eller ends up a #1 centreman than Leblanc.

neofury* 07-19-2011 09:54 AM

OP has no credibility. Don't see Busto in his lineup :sarcasm:

PricePkPatch 07-19-2011 09:56 AM

The dude is smoking good stuff if he forgets Desharnais... :)

odishabs 07-19-2011 10:06 AM

Pacioretty - Eller - Kristo
Gallagher - LeBlanc - ?????
MacMillan - Bournival - Avtsin
Conboy - White - Schultz

Subban - Gorges
Beaulieu - Yemelin
Tinordi - Weber

ex:Mitera

RoyBoyCoy 07-19-2011 10:08 AM

We don't really have a 1st line centre in our system IMO.

Eller will be a good number two, as would Desharnais. Leblanc may well be a Right Wing at the NHL Level. I think Bournival will be an absolute dynamite 3rd line centre, and then White can anchor the 4th. 1st line centre will have to be filled by other means.

LeMAD 07-19-2011 10:32 AM

How many threads like this I the past included guys like Brian Wilkie, Jozef Balej and Jason Ward?

25th 07-19-2011 11:06 AM

For what we know now, here is what I think!

1st line potential: Pacioretty
2nd line potential: Gallagher-Eller-Avstin-Desharnais-Leblanc-Kristo
3rd line potential: Macmillan-Pribyl-Bournival-Nattinen-Palushaj-Dumont
4th line potential: Conboy-White-Schultz-Engqvist-Berger-

Top 3 potential:
Yemelin-Subban-Tinordi-Beaulieu

Bottom 4 potential
Gorges-Weber-Nash-Bennett-Patyren-Ellis-Diaz-Nygren

Many things can change with time, mostly for the worst and only a few times for the better but I feel that my projection is pretty close to what most people think.

So we lack of first line players in our system. No news here!

I don't think there is a chance that we can free enough cap space in 2013 to make a run at Crosby as it was mention earlier. So the only hope is to wait for the 2014 free agent market or trade one of our blue chip defence prospect + a high pick for some serious first line player.

Gainey#1* 07-19-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25th (Post 35168003)

I don't think there is a chance that we can free enough cap space in 2013 to make a run at Crosby as it was mention earlier. So the only hope is to wait for the 2014 free agent market or trade one of our blue chip defence prospect + a high pick for some serious first line player.

Gomez will be buried in the minors if we somehow signed Crosby.

There is always ways to make room for a player of that caliber, don't kid yourself.

jacklours 07-19-2011 11:21 AM

Why are guys like Plekanec and Cammalleri, among others, excluded from your line-up.

25th 07-19-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekamaniac (Post 35168429)
Gomez will be buried in the minors if we somehow signed Crosby.

There is always ways to make room for a player of that caliber, don't kid yourself.

With Cammy, Plekanec, Gionta, Cole and Markov taking $26,250,000 of cap space already plus the eventual signing of Price, Subban and Pacioretty... I don't see how we can afford Crosby, even if we bury Gomez in the minor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours (Post 35168527)
Why are guys like Plekanec and Cammalleri, among others, excluded from your line-up.

Talking about the future, maybe 2014. Plekanec is still here, yes! Cammy, we'll see.

Stjonnypopo 07-19-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours (Post 35168527)
Why are guys like Plekanec and Cammalleri, among others, excluded from your line-up.

Because they're older, though I would include Pleky in any plan less than 5 years away. Anyone else, amongst the older players, I wouldn't include (Cammy, Gionta, AK, Markov)

MistaWa16 07-19-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subnordi (Post 35164807)
This intrigues me a lot, I think about it quite a bit, what would your guy's future team look like as of right now?


Pacioretty-Leblanc-Kristo
Gallagher-Eller-Palushaj
Macmillan-Pribyl-Avstin
Conboy-White-Schultz

13th: Bournival

Yemelin-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Gorges-Weber

7th: Nash

S: Price
B: Lawson

C: Gorges
A: Subban
A: Pacioretty


Sorry but this team would suck sooo bad!! Its funny how we all see our prospects making the nhl scoring 20+goals every year.

Guys like Gallagher Macmillan-Pribyl-Conboy--Schultz will probably never even make the NHL, Kristo as a top liner...pleaaasse, Leblanc will most likely be a second line center and so on!

Lets be realistic

habitue* 07-19-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistaWa16 (Post 35169211)
Sorry but this team would suck sooo bad!! Its funny how we all see our prospects making the nhl scoring 20+goals every year.

Guys like Gallagher Macmillan-Pribyl-Conboy--Schultz will probably never even make the NHL, Kristo as a top liner...pleaaasse, Leblanc will most likely be a second line center and so on!

Lets be realistic

I think he is the one that will make it among that list.

hogtownhabsfan 07-19-2011 12:00 PM

A future team in 2013-2014 or so could still include some of our current prime guys who would still be under contract, the only real difference in our top 6 would be Eller replacing Gomez. I expect to see in 2013-2014:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Eller-Gionta
Leblanc-Desharnais-Kostitsyn/Palushaj
White/Enqvist/Schultz/Conboy

Emelin-Subban
Tinordi-Weber
Beaulieu-Pateryn

Price

We definitely need to start focusing on potential top 6 forwards in the draft, particularly right wingers, as besides Pacioretty and Eller, that would be an old group starting to come off the books...

LeMAD 07-19-2011 12:13 PM

Ok there you go:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=28994

Quote:

Just for fun...In five years, with absolutely no other draft picks or trades. I guess we can play NHL 2004, Habs style. :p

Ryder - Koivu - Kastitstyn
Higgins - Urquart - Zednik (Balej)
Bulis - Plekanec - Ward
Begin - Kilger - Milroy

Hainsey - Markov
Souray - Komisarek
O'Byrne - Brisebois

Brisebois will be a little old at the time, but we need that greybeard presence. Obviously, I couldn't find room for so many of the other repsectable prospects we have, including Stewart, Lambert, Ferland, Perezhogin, Balej, Korpikari and Locke. Maybe Balej would take Zednik's spot.

Ginu 07-19-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan (Post 35170141)
A future team in 2013-2014 or so could still include some of our current prime guys who would still be under contract, the only real difference in our top 6 would be Eller replacing Gomez. I expect to see in 2013-2014:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Eller-Gionta
Leblanc-Desharnais-Kostitsyn/Palushaj
White/Enqvist/Schultz/Conboy

Emelin-Subban
Tinordi-Weber
Beaulieu-Pateryn

Price

We definitely need to start focusing on potential top 6 forwards in the draft, particularly right wingers, as besides Pacioretty and Eller, that would be an old group starting to come off the books...

I agree with your premise but we're focusing more on bigger players. Desharnais won't likely center the 3rd line. That should be Bournival. You're also missing Kristo and Gallagher.

Subnordi 07-19-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver (Post 35165745)
The dude is smoking good stuff if he forgets Desharnais... :)

Yeah, when I read this I fixed it immediatley

PricePkPatch 07-19-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subnordi (Post 35171363)
Yeah, when I read this I fixed it immediatley

Desharnais is a "spare"? :cry:

Patty Roy 07-19-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subnordi (Post 35164807)
This intrigues me a lot, I think about it quite a bit, what would your guy's future team look like as of right now?


Pacioretty-Leblanc-Kristo
Gallagher-Eller-Palushaj
Macmillan-Pribyl-Avstin
Conboy-White-Schultz
Spares: Bournival, Desharnais, Engqvist

Yemelin-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Gorges-Weber

7th: Nash

S: Price
B: Lawson

At least a half dozen of these guys will never be NHLers...trades will be made, free agents will be signed...its impossible to predict what this team will look like 5 years down the road.

Subnordi 07-19-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver (Post 35174317)
Desharnais is a "spare"? :cry:

Well, if Leblanc plays RW in the NHL, I could move Palushaj, put Eller as our #1, and add Desharnais to the #2 center position.

Marc Bergevins Suit 07-19-2011 03:04 PM

This is my team in NHL11 right now, entering my 4th year of be a gm coming off our 2nd of back to back cups

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Eller-Gionta
Ladd-Leblanc-Palushaj
Moen-White-Blunden
Darche

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Weber
Gill

Price
JDD


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.