HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #20 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=953883)

Beacon 07-19-2011 01:50 PM

Rangers Prospect Poll: #20

Mikhail Pashnin who lost the previous round's tie-breaker easily won round 19. Defenseman Sam Noreau will be added to our poll.

Don't forget to write-in who should be added in the next round. Also would be good to include a discussion/argument on why you voted for a particular prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. D Ryan McDonagh
3. D Tim Erixon
4. RW Christian Thomas
5. D Dylan McIlrath
6. LW Mats Zuccarello
7. LW J.T. Miller
8. LW Carl Hagelin
9. RW Jesper Fasth
10. D Pavel Valentenko

SECOND-TIER PROSPECTS

11. C Oscar Lindberg
12. D Tomas Kundratek
13. LW Ryan Bourque
14. C Andrew Yogan
15. C Steven Fogarty
16. RW Shane McColgan
17. C Michael St. Croix
18. RW Dale Weise
19. D Mikhail Pashnin

Mikhail Pashnin
Defense
Born May 11 1989
Height 5.11 -- Weight 187

2010-11 CSKA Moscow KHL 43 2 2 4 38

"He plays like a North American. I loved what I saw from him in the 2008 Canada-Russia Challenge series. The Canadian players came after the Russians, and this guy just gave it right back to them. He's just a real warrior."
- Gordie Clark in 2010

"The KHL arenas have wider ice, and there's very little hitting, but Pashnin's game is a North American game, and that's why he stood out at Development Camp last year. The way he plays is very North American. Defenseman Mikhail Pashnin, the Rangers' seventh-round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, celebrates the MHL championship he won with Red Army 2, the top affiliate of CSKA Moscow on April 22, just a few weeks before he turned 22 years old... He came here and he opened a lot of eyes."
- Gordie Clark in 2011

"Pashnin is a warrior, who goes all out in games and does everything it takes to win. He is a good influence on his teammates, because he has great character and is a solid, hard-working player... He acclimated very well on the Red Army team and to the big city. Since playing at the KHL level, he has really improved his intensity and quickness. His body-checking has become harder and he plays a stronger physical game. He is a very hard player to play against and he plays with a lot of confidence."
- - Vladimir Lutchenko, the Rangers' Russian scout

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oTwEGiup_W...il_Pashnin.JPG

Beacon 07-19-2011 01:51 PM

LW JASON WILSON

Tough, banging winger projected to play on the bottom two lines as a physical player who can hopefully add some offense.

"Wilson is going to surprise some people. He can really play.”
-Gordie Clark

D SAMUEL NOREAU

Huge, hard-hitting defenseman who is a decent skater for his size.

"Very mobile and very skilled [Samuel Noreau is] 6-5 and really tough."
- Gordie Clark

"Noreau is a 6-5, 215-pound tough-as-nails punisher who doesn’t have much in the way of high-end skill, but has the size and nastiness to be a shutdown guy in time. He’s not a bad skater, though needs to work on his lateral movement and pivots/turns like many big players on D. This dude can really fight, too. With his size and strength, he ragdolls guys and stands in and throws them against the tougher comers/enforcers in the QMJHL."
- Bruins Draft Watch

RW ANDREAS THURESSON

A two-way player with good size and an aggressive, physical game, but has limited offensive skills.

Could not find any quotes on him.

G SCOTT STAJCER

Put up good stats behind a bad team. Good size and good at controlling rebounds, but needs to improve his positioning.

"We had him scheduled to go earlier in that draft, but our scouts read the draft and we figured we could maybe grab some other guys and still get Scott. In the end it doesn't matter where you get him. For a fifth-round pick he's got a heck of a shot at the NHL."
- Gordie Clark

G CAMERON TALBOT

Goalie with good size on a weak team. Did for his college team what Lundqvist did in his early days: keep a bad team in the game, giving them a chance. Dominated at every level he played at, though he was always in rather weak places (OPJHL, College Hockey America). Almost defeated the top ranked Miami-Ohio while backstopping the very weak UofA team.

"He has size and the athleticism we like, and he was able to keep a very weak team competitive... I told our scout I expected them to get spanked in the game, but they won," said Clark. "They won it and got to go to the NCAA tournament, so I sent another couple guys in to watch him. They got beat in that second game, but in both games, they were in it... Benoit (Allaire) really likes him."
- Gordie Clark

D BLAKE PARLETT

Offensive defenseman with good size. ECHL All-Star in 2011.

“A good defenseman has to be able to move the puck, whether it’s in transition, regrouping, breaking out or making plays under pressure. He does all those things, and those are often skills that I try to polish in young defensemen who come here. If you have a kid who shows up and has that element in his game, it’s a good plus.”
- Whale Assistant Coach J.J.Daigneault.

“I like the way he moves the puck, and he’s a strong skater, so that’s always helpful when you’re defending and can close the gap and take away time and space. He’s really poised with the puck; he doesn’t just throw it away, which is part of being a good player. And he makes plays that make a difference in the course of a game."
- Whale Coach Ken Gernander.

Darrelle Lundqvist 07-19-2011 01:55 PM

Talbot.

Revelation 07-19-2011 01:56 PM

Going with Parlett.

While I don't know a ton about any of the remaining guys, Parlett seems to have the most upside of the bunch. He's been steadily improving, and earned himself a contract as an undrafted player. That to me says alot.

Chalfdiggity3 07-19-2011 01:58 PM

Blake Parlett, love the kids game down in the AHL. Cant wait to see what he has this upcoming season.

Chalfdiggity3 07-19-2011 02:01 PM

RangerEsq,

I know you dont like that Pashnin won the last round but if your going to control the voting and introductions to the players that make the list, you really need to be more objective. I know you dont like Pashnin but other people see different things in players' game, respect it. Your not the know all - end all with prospects. None of us are, but the way you introduced Pashnin is down right disrespectful. They are ALL NYR prospects, learn to love all of them.

silverfish 07-19-2011 02:05 PM

Parlett add Ceresnak

Beacon 07-19-2011 02:06 PM

Going with Sam Noreau for his upside. Someone who is so big and punishing, if he can cement a job for himself even on the third pairing, he'll be a very useful player to the team.

Add Peter Ceresnak, our 6th rounder last month.

MrAlmost 07-19-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 35175755)
Parlett add Ceresnak

Some of this please.

Inferno 07-19-2011 02:09 PM

RangersEsq,

I feel the colors you used for the quotes are offensive to the prospect. i request that you change them immediately.

:P @ Chalfdiggity3

nyr2k2 07-19-2011 02:17 PM

Add Ceresnak.

BrooklynRangersFan 07-19-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Royd (Post 35176275)
Add Ceresnak.

Parlett and, yes, definitely add Ceresnak. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling he'll be shooting up our chart after he gets a chance to play in juniors on a team with kids his own age and approximate skill levels. The Rangers must really have thought a lot of his raw tools to trade to get a pick to draft him (granted, even if it was a 6th) given that he was always playing in games on a gawdawful junior team against professional men's teams...

eco's bones 07-19-2011 02:49 PM

Parlett. Johnson.

Chalfdiggity3 07-19-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 35175927)
RangersEsq,

I feel the colors you used for the quotes are offensive to the prospect. i request that you change them immediately.

:P @ Chalfdiggity3

haha damn right! only said it bc it seemed like Rangersesq hates Pashnin lol.

Put me in the :pb:

n8 07-19-2011 03:32 PM

went with Parlett
add Ceresnak

RangerFan10 07-19-2011 06:50 PM

partlett add johnson

Ih8theislanders 07-19-2011 06:57 PM

Thuresson, probably has the best chance of playing in the NHL.

jniklast 07-19-2011 06:58 PM

Parlett, add Ceresnak

NYR Viper 07-19-2011 08:49 PM

Parlett, add Ceresnak

There are about 5-6 more prospects who I would want ranked. They have a DEEP system. McNaught, Hobbs, Niemi, Ceresnak

nyr2k2 07-19-2011 08:51 PM

I don't think McNaught is going to get a contract.

Beacon 07-20-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Royd (Post 35190803)
I don't think McNaught is going to get a contract.

I think the Rangers should give him a minor league contracts. At worst, they get a Big Pun in Hartford, which they would need considering that nearly half the team is 5'11 or shorter. And who knows how his career might progress.

darko 07-20-2011 02:19 AM

Parlett, add Ceresnak

vipernsx 07-20-2011 12:18 PM

Stajcer add Niemi

Beacon 07-20-2011 02:40 PM

This round has been called. Please move on to Round 21.