HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Could Sergei lure Andrei here? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=954305)

kypredsfan 07-20-2011 05:33 AM

Could Sergei lure Andrei here?
 
Either Sergei is just talking up the russian media or Andrei might not like Montreal very much. According to twitter from a news reporter from russia name Slava Malamud:

Sk commenting on the Habs: S.Kostitsyn rips the #Habs in his Pressball interview: “They wanted to make me a 4th line checker. Me a checker??” #Preds

Sk commenting on Preds: “Have no idea what they (#Habs) are doing to my brother, playing him on 3rd and 4th lines… #Preds have much better atmosphere” S.Kostitsyn

Sk commenting on his contract: Sergei Kostitsyn tells Pressball (leading Belarusian sports edition) that he would’ve preferred a 2-year deal with the #Preds.


My source: http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/7...ators#comments

I would love a Kostitsyn combo! :yo:

Fo Shea Shea 07-20-2011 05:53 AM

If AK dislikes Montreal so much, why did he resign? I don't see the brothers uniting here.

smitty10 07-20-2011 06:38 AM

It'd be nice for Nashville to get a good scorer like Andrei. I can see it happening, I don't think Montreal is very fond of Andrei anymore. He may have re-signed there just as a sign of respect to Montreal and is expecting a trade? Maybe the Franson trade was to unload some money for this to happen?

I'm obviously speculating, but I could definately see Nashville wanting Andrei considering how much Sergei's game has improved since heading down south.

PredsV82 07-20-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 35199821)
If AK dislikes Montreal so much, why did he resign? I don't see the brothers uniting here.

AK was an RFA wasnt he? so he really didnt have much choice.

Legionnaire11 07-20-2011 08:11 AM

in a vacuum I would of course like to add a player of AK's talent. But in reality you have to wonder how it would affect SK. He seemed to turn a new leaf when he got away from the distractions in Montreal, one of those distractions may have been playing in his brother's shadow. It could work, this time it would be Andrei coming into a system where Sergei is already an established talent, maybe they are both more mature now having spent time apart and both getting out of the Montreal pressure cooker could launch them to the next level of their NHL careers. That's a lot of what if's to deal with, and with Sergei we had the chance to bring him in on a cheap, no risk deal. We would have to make a real commitment to Andrei, so we're boned if the situation blows up.

I guess the short answer is, why take a risk on messing up a good thing?

kypredsfan 07-20-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 (Post 35201185)
in a vacuum I would of course like to add a player of AK's talent. But in reality you have to wonder how it would affect SK. He seemed to turn a new leaf when he got away from the distractions in Montreal, one of those distractions may have been playing in his brother's shadow. It could work, this time it would be Andrei coming into a system where Sergei is already an established talent, maybe they are both more mature now having spent time apart and both getting out of the Montreal pressure cooker could launch them to the next level of their NHL careers. That's a lot of what if's to deal with, and with Sergei we had the chance to bring him in on a cheap, no risk deal. We would have to make a real commitment to Andrei, so we're boned if the situation blows up.

I guess the short answer is, why take a risk on messing up a good thing?

Cuz we need some more scoring help? Not a superstar, but definitely a big physical guy who can score 20 plus a year. The question should be: Why not take a risk on this guy?

jderick81 07-20-2011 09:20 AM

I like this thought, I really hope it happens but don't know if it will. Come on Sergei, get your bro down here to light the lamp with you!

PredsV82 07-20-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jderick81 (Post 35202669)
I like this thought, I really hope it happens but don't know if it will. Come on Sergei, get your bro down here to light the lamp with you!

AK signed for one year with the habs so it wont happen any time soon.

If SK has another great season with us, then I wonder if part of contract negotiations with SK would involve "if you sign my brother I will sign for less money/more years"

kypredsfan 07-20-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 35202929)
AK signed for one year with the habs so it wont happen any time soon.

If SK has another great season with us, then I wonder if part of contract negotiations with SK would involve "if you sign my brother I will sign for less money/more years"

That's sorta what I mentioned on this thread on the Trade discussions forum. Maybe sign em both at the same time. :nod:

SavageSteve 07-20-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 35202929)
AK signed for one year with the habs so it wont happen any time soon.

If SK has another great season with us, then I wonder if part of contract negotiations with SK would involve "if you sign my brother I will sign for less money/more years"

Then they could be two wild and crazy guys from Belarus on the town in Nashville!! http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...brothers/2886/

codeyh 07-20-2011 12:16 PM

did you ever consider that the distraction was playing in MONTREAL!?

I couldn't imagine playing there or Toronto... absolute madness.

But as far as the original topic, nope, don't see AK47 coming to Nashville.

TMI 07-20-2011 12:38 PM

Bad trading partners for a deal like this. Both teams need offense. Montreal had fewer goals than us last year.

Adz 07-20-2011 01:10 PM

I saw that the brothers' surname actually translates to Kascicyn . Wonder why they went with "Kostitsyn" instead? Ease of pronunciation? Ability to shorten to "****"? (my guess) I'll bet it's really pronounced Kuh skek sin but **** is much easier for line names than Skeeks.


I'd love to have both of them on the team and am glad that Sergei seems to have bought into the Nashville system and Nashville in general.

Edit: Wow, that's ***'d out.

Neal Before Zod 07-20-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 35210683)
I saw that the brothers' surname actually translates to Kascicyn . Wonder why they went with "Kostitsyn" instead? Ease of pronunciation? Ability to shorten to "****"? (my guess) I'll bet it's really pronounced Kuh skek sin but **** is much easier for line names than Skeeks.


I'd love to have both of them on the team and am glad that Sergei seems to have bought into the Nashville system and Nashville in general.

Edit: Wow, that's ***'d out.

Looks like somebody needs to wash their mouth out.;)

Adz 07-20-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashvols (Post 35215339)
Looks like somebody needs to wash their mouth out.;)

Won't be the first time. Where the **** is the Boraxo?

kypredsfan 07-20-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 35217327)
Won't be the first time. Where the **** is the Boraxo?

Wash your mouth out then put on a pink bunny costume :laugh:

Man I ****ing hate that movie

:amazed:

worstfaceoffmanever 07-20-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 35217327)
Won't be the first time. Where the **** is the Boraxo?

Nuh-uh. You're using Life Boy. That'll teach you.

Adz 07-20-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 35227595)
Wash your mouth out then put on a pink bunny costume :laugh:

Man I ****ing hate that movie

:amazed:

You hate the movie but you can quote from it...you're an Oldsmobile man, aren't you?:eek:

tserberis* 07-20-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 35199711)
Either Sergei is just talking up the russian media or Andrei might not like Montreal very much. According to twitter from a news reporter from russia name Slava Malamud:

Sk commenting on the Habs: S.Kostitsyn rips the #Habs in his Pressball interview: “They wanted to make me a 4th line checker. Me a checker??” #Preds

Sk commenting on Preds: “Have no idea what they (#Habs) are doing to my brother, playing him on 3rd and 4th lines… #Preds have much better atmosphere” S.Kostitsyn

Sk commenting on his contract: Sergei Kostitsyn tells Pressball (leading Belarusian sports edition) that he would’ve preferred a 2-year deal with the #Preds.


My source: http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/7...ators#comments

I would love a Kostitsyn combo! :yo:

Yes, AK really don't like it under Martin there. He said it himself. In video interview during WC this year to the same Belarus sport newspaper ( www.pressball.by )
He resigned cause he was RFA. UFA after this. Most likely will be traded at deadline. Maybe to Nashvile:)

As for signing here: they want to play together. They want it very bad, as they said it before. So we will see.

As for SK interview. I was going to translate it all and post it here but to much work at the moment. Didnt get around. Sorry.
What I liked much from his interview: " In Montreal players were getting in groups, in Nashville we are all together, we are the TEAM, and thats why other teams don't like as, because we don't have super stars, but we all even and we all work together for the success."

Yes, he said he would like 2 year deal, but 1 is good in that way that he needs to improve and get better contract next year.

kypredsfan 07-20-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tserberis (Post 35229715)
Yes, AK really don't like it under Martin there. He said it himself. In video interview during WC this year to the same Belarus sport newspaper ( www.pressball.by )
He resigned cause he was RFA. UFA after this. Most likely will be traded at deadline. Maybe to Nashvile:)

As for signing here: they want to play together. They want it very bad, as they said it before. So we will see.

As for SK interview. I was going to translate it all and post it here but to much work at the moment. Didnt get around. Sorry.
What I liked much from his interview: " In Montreal players were getting in groups, in Nashville we are all together, we are the TEAM, and thats why other teams don't like as, because we don't have super stars, but we all even and we all work together for the success."

Yes, he said he would like 2 year deal, but 1 is good in that way that he needs to improve and get better contract next year.

Thank you very much. I would love to read the interview translated.

tserberis* 07-20-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 35210683)
I saw that the brothers' surname actually translates to Kascicyn . Wonder why they went with "Kostitsyn" instead? Ease of pronunciation? Ability to shorten to "****"? (my guess) I'll bet it's really pronounced Kuh skek sin but **** is much easier for line names than Skeeks.



I'd love to have both of them on the team and am glad that Sergei seems to have bought into the Nashville system and Nashville in general.

Edit: Wow, that's ***'d out.

Translation from Russian and Belarusian are different. For example his first name on Russian: "Сергей" - "Sergei"; on Belarusian: "Сяргей", not much different, but because of the letters sounds it turns into - "Siarhej"

Belarus is bilingual country( two official languages) so we have it in two languages in our passports.

kypredsfan 07-21-2011 12:24 AM

Nevermind, I tried to translate automatically. Hard to read, but I did indeed read the whole thing. Some nice things about Nashville.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ressball.by%2F

Roman Yoshi 07-21-2011 10:33 AM

AK is the perfect fit for Nashville. Big body true sniper

kypredsfan 07-21-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 35238861)
AK is the perfect fit for Nashville. Big body true sniper

Exactly :handclap:

tserberis* 07-21-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 35238861)
AK is the perfect fit for Nashville. Big body true sniper

And he led Habs in hits last season and was second season before.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.