HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Plage Jean Drapeau (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=954467)

coolasprICE 07-20-2011 12:07 PM

OT: Plage Jean Drapeau

Quick replies plz... is it

NASTY??

Better off going to public pool full of peepee????

Tolerable??

Well worth it??

Surprisingly reminiscent to the Caribbean???

Beach is horrible, but plenty of eye candy??

Special thanks to Mods !

Ozymandias 07-20-2011 12:23 PM

Yeah I'd also like to know....

I didn't even know there was a beach there.... Im still going to Oka Beach...

How is it comparable to Oka?

Ozymandias 07-20-2011 12:28 PM

http://www.parcjeandrapeau.com/24-Pl...-montreal.html

8$

Open till mid-august..

From the picture, it looks really nice... sorta lagoon

Chfan 07-20-2011 01:27 PM

I went there two weeks ago.

Compared to Oka, it is very small. It's also constantly crowded so bad you feel like everyone's watching you and the waiting line to get in is ridiculously long (at the ticket booth). Also, it has a lot of bugs (and I mean LOOOOTS) around the beach.

But, it is the nearest option from Montreal and the water is in a acceptable state. If you're not asking for much, then it's a good option.

And also, the day I was there, it was mostly kids and teenagers.

HarlemsFinest 07-20-2011 01:31 PM

beaches don't exist in canada.

VirginiaMtlExpat 07-20-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest (Post 35209137)
beaches don't exist in canada.

I have fond memories of my two years spent in Nova Scotia as a teen, where I really enjoyed going to the beach...
http://nsbeaches.com/favourite-beaches.php

Probably predisposed me to gravitate to Norfolk, VA, neighbouring VA Beach and close to the Outer Banks.

Apologies for the unfair comparison, to the beach-challenged in Montreal.

Ozymandias 07-20-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chfan (Post 35208977)

Compared to Oka, it is very small. It's also constantly crowded so bad you feel like everyone's watching you and the waiting line to get in is ridiculously long (at the ticket booth). Also, it has a lot of bugs (and I mean LOOOOTS) around the beach.

But, it is the nearest option from Montreal and the water is in a acceptable state. If you're not asking for much, then it's a good option.

Did you go on an early week day, or closer to the week-end?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 07-20-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirginiaMtlExpat (Post 35209683)
I have fond memories of my two years spent in Nova Scotia as a teen, where I really enjoyed going to the beach...
http://nsbeaches.com/favourite-beaches.php

Probably predisposed me to gravitate to Norfolk, VA, neighbouring VA Beach and close to the Outer Banks.

Apologies for the unfair comparison, to the beach-challenged in Montreal.

Rub it in, will ya, Cap'n VA? :p:

Haven't been there, but I have been hearing that it is -and I quote- "trashy" (e4)

coolasprICE 07-20-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument90 (Post 35211021)
Rub it in, will ya, Cap'n VA? :p:

Haven't been there, but I have been hearing that it is -and I quote- "trashy" (e4)

last time I went to VA beach, it was, well... everywhere Quebec

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chfan (Post 35208977)

Ya, preeetty much what I'd expect.

I was going to go today but I lazied out and went to my pee infested local pool... which was surprisingly clean, empty, no day camps, sun chairs... and free.

1 hour was enough for me.

Maybe Drapeau next time...

PS: Best beach I've been to in Canada is Sandbanks in Ontario, since we're on that topic.

neofury* 07-20-2011 02:46 PM

I can't believe some folks in Montreal go to the beaches here. I'm not even one of those lucky people whose parents took them on vacation 1-2x a year as a kid and by going to the Caribbean a handful of times in my life I know just how bad a Montreal beach is in comparison.

I can't think of a good analogy off the top of my head but honestly there are probably many. I wish I lived somewhere that had nice beaches and actual ocean. I doubt I'd ever go to a Montreal beach of any kind again.

Gary320 07-20-2011 02:57 PM

Last time I went to Jean Drapeau I must have been 12-13. I remember it being crowded as hell, and somewhat restricted.

I don't even remember last time I went to a beach besides that. I use to go to Glen Gary Beach alot. I think it's in plattsburgh. Nasty beach, but it was empty most of the time.

Ozymandias 07-20-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 35211981)
I can't believe some folks in Montreal go to the beaches here. I'm not even one of those lucky people whose parents took them on vacation 1-2x a year as a kid and by going to the Caribbean a handful of times in my life I know just how bad a Montreal beach is in comparison.

I can't think of a good analogy off the top of my head but honestly there are probably many. I wish I lived somewhere that had nice beaches and actual ocean. I doubt I'd ever go to a Montreal beach of any kind again.

When you like going to the beach, you take what you can when you're not on vacation.

Beach in oka isn't bad. Just missing palm trees and ocean water...