HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Music before games (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=955447)

OpenIceHit42 07-21-2011 06:06 PM

Music before games
What do you listen to before a game to get amp'd up?

Frankie Spankie 07-21-2011 06:09 PM

I like to listen to a lot of metal to get pumped up before a game. I usually just throw some metal CD in my car radio on the drive down to a game. Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, etc etc etc. Just anything fast paced that also sounds like music instead of a lot of the **** metal where people think it's cool to just scream into the microphone. :laugh:

Flow 07-21-2011 07:20 PM

we have the good ol' tune No More Tears as our warmup song

Bryan23 07-21-2011 08:50 PM

Anything metal. Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Pantera, etc.

After a win, it's DJ Pauly D - Beat that Beat Up. :laugh: j/k.

Iplayhockehh 07-21-2011 09:07 PM

I remember when I was in bantam 2nd year playing in a Christmas tournament. My team was playing in the semi's against the tournaments best team and we knew skill wise we had NO chance. So we brought speakers to our next game, cranked up the volume, and let the other team fear our righteous tunes. We played songs like I'm a barbie girl etc. Ahahaha, when the other team stepped on the rink they were totally not ready to play and they seriously underestimated us. At the end of the 1st we were winning 4-0 :yo:

Bexlyspeed 07-21-2011 09:29 PM

we used to hook up the CD player top the speakers at the rink we rent out for ice. so we had music during the game!
the guy who ran it seemed to like a lot of early Van Halen:yo:

Wildturkey12 07-22-2011 01:07 AM

I always put this on for the car ride.

Jarick 07-22-2011 08:40 AM

Usually just listen to either the CD I'm listening to at the time or sports talk radio, maybe the local rock station. Don't listen to anything in the locker room. Never need to get amped up to play hockey :)

OkimLom 07-22-2011 10:51 AM

Soothing Bullet for My Valentine(Anything off of the poison album), or the soft sounding Rise against.

If I get sick of that, usually some Hip/Hop (fort minor), or anything a little fast paced.

RedLight40 07-22-2011 11:37 AM

Guns & Roses - Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle on the car ride there. I get so jacked up I can over think a simple pass to a teammate, listening to GnR before the game gives my mind something else to do, and gets me in rhythm to play hockey.

LA Kings Hockey 07-23-2011 05:51 PM

I like to drive to the rink just thinking about the game and getting somewhat mentally prepared. then i get to the rink and in my ipod i listen to metal (metallica, megadeath, iron maiden, guns n roses, and a little foo fighters). with about 1 minute till the game i go out on the rink and do a little warm up and go to my spot at RW on the 1st line (just went from 2nd to 1st line)

Sharpshooter101 07-23-2011 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie (Post 35255191)
Just anything fast paced that also sounds like music instead of a lot of the **** metal where people think it's cool to just scream into the microphone. :laugh:

It's actually a very complex technique - they're not just screaming; they're singing in a scream-like fashion. And, like anything, if you don't bother paying attention to it, you cannot possibly appreciate it and even the least criticize it.

Besides, they have the fastest paced music bands you can find and you'll never hear as stunning guitar playing somewhere else. Just for your information, these guys you underrate make an incredible job of working and owning their skills: most of them actually have to warm up their forearm before playing guitar because they seriously risk injuries... It's not always wonderful, but you can only admire the effort and skill required to do that job.
If I could influence that, I'd probably put on something epic... grandiose and plain big! You know, going way over boards like:
Lux Aetherna
O verona
Carmina Burana: Oh Fortuna

One could also argue the musical score of the former Soviet Anthem as well as present day Russian Anthem (score by Alexandr V. Alexandrov) is epic... or even the whole Anthem for that sake. Any version, if sung by the Red Army choir, is epic.

Joey McMoss 07-23-2011 11:24 PM

Darrelle Lundqvist 07-23-2011 11:28 PM

A mix of Rock and Rap. Don't really have any specific songs/bands though. I don't handle the Ipod on my team.

Albino14u 07-23-2011 11:31 PM

Iron Maiden, old G&R, maybe some pennywise, or some Electric Mummy, sometimes I'll do some anthrax or something like that

shello 07-25-2011 05:13 PM

I made my own remix consisting of many parts of songs

Trevor3 07-25-2011 06:10 PM

When I played rep it depended on who did the music. First year of Midget we had a lot rap/hip-hip, 2nd year a lot of techno, 3rd year it went more classic rock. It all depends on the personality of the team really. For instance in grade 12 our High School team played this song before EVERY game... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lids-ex8uqg

Personally, I can use anything upbeat to get in the mindset to play, except for screaming. I've tried giving it a chance but it just never clicked.

tarheelhockey 07-25-2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sharpshooter101 (Post 35321259)
It's actually a very complex technique - they're not just screaming; they're singing in a scream-like fashion.

There is nothing complex about going BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA into the mic. There is no element of "singing" in that.

Subnordi 07-25-2011 10:07 PM

EMINEM!!! That guy's an artist and lose your self always pumps me up.