HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: BAC Lower Bowl now has red seats! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=957441)

Shockley 07-25-2011 11:26 AM

BAC Lower Bowl now has red seats!

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=569939

Quote:

SUNRISE, Fla. – Sunrise Sports & Entertainment announced today that the Florida Panthers in partnership with South Florida based and Nationally acclaimed Zimmerman Advertising are converting every seat in the BankAtlantic Center’s lower bowl to red. The change is in conjunction with the Panthers “We See Red” marketing campaign and return to red as the franchise’s primary uniform color.

When the Panthers take the ice on Opening Night, Oct. 15 in their new red home jerseys, all 8,689 lower bowl seats will be permanently changed to red as well. The seats are being changed to red as part of a multi-year marketing partnership between the Panthers and Zimmerman Advertising in which the Zimmerman logo will appear on the front of each lower bowl seat.

“While the ‘We See Red’ campaign signifies the passion, aggressiveness, commitment to winning and new blood in this Panthers team, fans will also see an aesthetic shift as well in our new jerseys, and thanks to Zimmerman Advertising, in all of the lower bowl seats at the BankAtlantic Center,” said SSE president & COO Michael Yormark. “There’s no doubt that with these changes, and some other big announcements we have coming soon, that our fans will be ‘seeing red’ and enjoying a whole new in-game experience at the BankAtlantic Center this season.”

“We look forward to the upcoming Panthers season given all the new changes and their ‘See Red’ attitude,” said Jordan Zimmerman, Chairman and Founder Zimmerman Advertising. “I wanted to make sure to be at every game personally and/or in spirit , so putting our company name on over 8,000 seats did just that.”

Since the launch of the “We See Red” campaign in June – which was developed by Zimmerman Advertising, the Panthers hired vaunted head coach Kevin Dineen, had one of the highest rated NHL Draft classes in the NHL, traded for or signed 11 new players including Brian Campbell, Ed Jovanovski and Kris Versteeg, hired experienced assistant coach Craig Ramsay, signed 2010 first round pick Erik Gudbranson to an entry level contract, and more.

The Florida Panthers Offseason is presented by JetBlue. Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Home to more than 200 events annually and the Florida Panthers hockey club, the Broward County-owned BankAtlantic Center welcomes more than two million guests each year.
http://2.cdn.nhle.com/panthers/image...-TS-072511.jpg

Egblad 07-25-2011 11:29 AM

I really don't like to be 'that guy' that comes in and does a huge buzz kill, but logos on the lower bowl seats now... really? Ugh.

Shockley 07-25-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booootthh (Post 35354677)
I really don't like to be 'that guy' that comes in and does a huge buzz kill, but logos on the lower bowl seats now... really? Ugh.

yeah kind of dissapointed too. i wonder what yormark will sell next

JPG 07-25-2011 11:47 AM

don't completely blame yorkman, blame the guy he works for. ******* as he may seem the guy is just doing his job. its the owner's decision to keep someone like that working or not working.

Catsfan7 07-25-2011 11:53 AM

Is that it, or is that just a projected image? Maybe if that's just the green photoshopped, it will look alot better than that.

snipes007 07-25-2011 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder what they'll have to do to get a new jumbotron??

The company logo doesn't appear to be that intrusive.

PanthersAllDay1225 07-25-2011 12:09 PM

http://www.zimmerman.com/

hopefully its just this exclamation point thats all over the site.

pb1300 07-25-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsfan7 (Post 35355321)
Is that it, or is that just a projected image? Maybe if that's just the green photoshopped, it will look alot better than that.

That is just a rendering, as per the * beneath the picture on the Cats site:

*Artist Rendering of the new red seats in the lower bowl.

Regarding branding of the seats, a lot of stadiums/arenas have it done, so what is the big deal?

Garriboy52 07-25-2011 12:29 PM

Yeah think the fact that they have a logo on the seats for zimmz ad co. is lame...but its not like we will be watching the back of our seats eh?

Panthers 20 07-25-2011 12:30 PM

I doubt the logos will be very noticeable. I'm happy to have the red seats and jerseys. Although, management's new enthusiasm for it sort of mitigates the cool factor for me, lol.

CoolburnIsGone 07-25-2011 12:36 PM

You guys do know that Jordan Zimmerman is one of the minority owners of the team right?

Panthers 20 07-25-2011 12:49 PM

Is he related to Ryan Zimmerman?

Blad Meaning Gud 07-25-2011 01:33 PM

I LOVE IT... It's gonna look so good

Boooooth10 07-25-2011 01:40 PM

Who cares about the advertisement? It helps the team stay afloat financially.

I'm just glad to see our management actually embracing change.

BabyJagrov 07-25-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 35358501)

Yeah... Don't understand the whiners !

Everything know as advertisement or the name of the company on it ! It's not like those logos will be a detriment to the seats or something.

I remember someone around here actually bringing the idea when the return to the red home jerseys was announced.

Not the biggest announcement of the summer but another step... This organization will be scary good next summer ! :yo:

snipes007 07-25-2011 02:38 PM

Good move overall. It could have been a lot worse had Tampax been the sponsor.

RunAmucK 07-25-2011 03:46 PM

If theres ***** in the seats the logos wont stick out!

PanthersHockey1 07-25-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers 20 (Post 35356907)
Is he related to Ryan Zimmerman?

No relation to ryan zimmerman. Jordan also has a minority interest in the lightning I believe. My brother knows him personally as he was manager at boca raton airport. My brother got to drive zimmerman's Ferrari Enzo and bentley azure. He has his own hanger at the airport with his own gulfstream 4.

Make no mistake about it Zimmerman is the big money behind the panthers, even if he doesn't hold viner's position.

Panthers 20 07-25-2011 06:23 PM

I didn't know you could own stakes in multiple teams. Very interesting.

jglenn001 07-26-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 35358501)

My thoughts exactly!

Boooooth10 08-02-2011 01:03 PM

http://panthersconnect.posterous.com...ew-red-seats-i

I like em!

Holy Jokinen 08-02-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 35600223)

They better find somewhere to put those cupholders!

Panthers Rock 08-02-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen (Post 35600879)
They better find somewhere to put those cupholders!

They are as before, in between the seats in front of you to maximize armrest room.

StrangeVision 08-02-2011 02:13 PM

Not to nitpick (okay fine it's exactly that), but they look more like a burgundy color; maybe it's just the picture resolution and/or lighting. And I didn't think the logo would be quite that intrusive.

/mini rant

It's better than the lame green, though, that's for sure.

zeroG 08-02-2011 04:02 PM

my first thought as well - logo is rather conspicuous. freaking yorkman. first the building, then the rink, now the stands? pretty soon, he'll be projecting ads onto the fans.