HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What do you think of this trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=957785)

HaughNasty 07-25-2011 11:51 PM

What do you think of this trade?

http://www.puckinghockey.com/wp-cont...lyers-logo.gif
Receive: Oliver Ekman-Larsson

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content...yotes_2004.gif
Receive: Sergei Bobrovsky and Matthew Carle

laundryman 07-25-2011 11:56 PM

I feel like Phoenix would want more.

Sawdalite 07-26-2011 12:11 AM

My big fear is the Flyers backing off too far with high-end prospects and away from being a Cup contender right now... almost like a rebuilding situation... and too heavily banking on these prospects to all pan out. I'm feeling that losing Carle at this time weakens the D -- especially if Pronger misses considerable time -- and seriously effects it come the Postseason, requiring a rental having to be acquired come the TDL. I'm thinking that the prospects are set and any additional moves should be for more proven players.

I'm also thinking moving Bob forces them to rely on Leights or going out for another quality backup... The Cap would improve with such a deal though I'd imagine.

phlocky 07-26-2011 12:15 AM

I'd do it and it might be close to actual value but I highly doubt that Phx would do it as they see OEL as their future #1 dman. IDK, maybe they WOULD do it, but we'd probably have to include either a prospect or pick.

Also, there's a damned good chance that we'll see Yotes fans coming in here saying "OMG, no way, we want Giroux or JVR and that's fair." Fans ALWAYS over value their own guys and under value what's being sent back but that's the way it goes.

phlocky 07-26-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdalite (Post 35377681)
My big fear is the Flyers backing off too far with high-end prospects and away from being a Cup contender right now... almost like a rebuilding situation... and too heavily banking on these prospects to all pan out. I'm feeling that losing Carle at this time weakens the D -- especially if Pronger misses considerable time -- and seriously effects it come the Postseason, requiring a rental having to be acquired come the TDL. I'm thinking that the prospects are set and any additional moves should be for more proven players.

I'm also thinking moving Bob forces them to rely on Leights or going out for another quality backup... The Cap would improve with such a deal though I'd imagine.

Dealing Carle and Bobrovsky would free up over 5 mil in cap space. We could trade to get Nabby from NYI at a cap hit of just 570k (IIRC) or sign Emery for about the same. Then we'd have the money to sign Hannan or McCabe if we wanted just in case Pronger isn't ready at the start of the season and either could play on the 2nd pairing with Meszaros while Timonen and Coburn slide up to 1st pairing while Pronger is out. OEL could play bottom pairing with one of Lilja/Gustafsson with the other being out 7th dman and Bart coming in as the #8 guy if needed.

DumpyD 07-26-2011 01:51 AM

I think every possible scenario including Carle + Bobrovsky in exchange for someone of value has been posted. It's been decided that none of them work.

Spongolium* 07-26-2011 02:55 AM

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

o Hamhuis 2 x 07-26-2011 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DumpyD (Post 35379193)
I think every possible scenario including Carle + Bobrovsky in exchange for someone of value has been posted. It's been decided that none of them work.

Honestly, I think this could work. And if we add a 2nd or a couple forward prospects like Wellwood, we might be able to get Klesla/Morris/some other dman on the Coyotes who has played in the NHL for awhile and sign a backup. Or, as it was mentioned before, we could trade for Nabby or sign Emery and sign McCabe or Hannan. I like that scenario as well. I think if the Coyotes are willing to give up OEL, we would probably be the front runners.

FlyersFan61290 07-26-2011 07:19 AM

Flyers do this and run....with that said Flyers have to add. PHX GM has promised Smith the opportunity to be the number one guy, bringing in Bob to compete for the #1 job may not be what they are looking for. Labarbera is locked up for another two years and while I and most other hockey fans would not be comfortable going into a season with a tandem of Smith/Labarbera it seems to me that PHX is. Carle is going to be a UFA at the end of next season as you most likely already know and with the departure of Bryz PHX will really struggle to make the playoffs IMO. In return we get a young D prospect that we would all love to have but PHX looks at him as a future number 1 guy. Just saying Bob (who they may not really be interested in) + one year of Carle (while PHX is not in a spot to compete next year) for OLE who they project to be a #1 D-man. Basically whatever the Flyers have to add would probably have to be significant otherwise PHX has no intensive to do this IMO.

If they are interested in Bob what do you guys think about Bob + 3rd for Gormley. Gormley could be a #3 guy and is on track to join an NHL team about the same time as some of our other young guys.

Midnight Oil 07-26-2011 08:03 AM

I'd do that trade.

LEIFey 07-26-2011 09:56 AM

Yes please. Phoenix would scoff.

turkinaa 07-26-2011 02:12 PM

I would take it an run away as fast as possible, but as said before no way Phoenix would do this trade with the position they're in and the future value of OEL.

DumpyD 07-26-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x (Post 35380097)
Honestly, I think this could work.

Do ya.

Spongolium* 07-27-2011 03:36 AM

I would seriously entertain the idea of Bob + 2013's First.

o Hamhuis 2 x 07-27-2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 35413743)
I would seriously entertain the idea of Bob + 2013's First.

If that's not enough I would include a forward prospect too. OEL will be a great defenseman soon.