HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ESPN: Malone on the block? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=957887)

LEAFANFORLIFE23 07-26-2011 09:04 AM

Malone on the block?

ESPN recently reported that the TB lighting may be shopping Ryan Malone in order to dump salary. My question is why? I thought their new Owner had money to burn? why would they need to Dump Ryan Malone? I mean I know he has a shoulder injury right now but everything I've read/seen including on the Lighting's offical Twitter page says that Malone will be ready for camp.

If this rumor is true lighting fans what would you be happy with as a return?

and to everybody else who would be interested?

Ishad 07-26-2011 09:19 AM

I don't know that I would consider ESPN a reliable source for hockey rumors.

tempest2i 07-26-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 35382031)
ESPN recently reported that the TB lighting may be shopping Ryan Malone in order to dump salary. My question is why? I thought their new Owner had money to burn? why would they need to Dump Ryan Malone? I mean I know he has a shoulder injury right now but everything I've read/seen including on the Lighting's offical Twitter page says that Malone will be ready for camp.

If this rumor is true lighting fans what would you be happy with as a return?

and to everybody else who would be interested?

Why would Tampa attempt to trade Malone right after announcing that he's just went under the knife? It makes no sense to trade a player when their value is the lowest.

Pinkfloyd 07-26-2011 09:23 AM

If accurate, the only reason why is if Malone requested a trade. He has an NMC through the upcoming season. I don't think they'd shop him w/o his consent with such a clause in place. But again, that's only if the report is accurate which I bet it isn't.

fuzzy345 07-26-2011 09:23 AM

que the Malone to Leafs rumors :)

Sterling31 07-26-2011 09:23 AM

As a leaf fan i would love to add his size and grit to our top 6, but there may not be a place for him.

Unless one of Lupul or Malone are thrown on the 3rd line, depending on who fits better in the top 6.

However, if Malone was traded for and doesn't grab a top 6 spot. I would rather Kadri develop in the NHL, rather than take his spot away.

Although:

Malone-Connolly-Kessel
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin
Lupul-Lombardi/Kadri-Armstrong
Brown-Bozak-Boyce/Orr/Crabb

is a somewhat 'deep' lineup. No top end lines, but you can roll 3 respectable lines confidently.

xECK29x 07-26-2011 09:25 AM

This rumor has been going on for a while, it recently came out that he underwent surgery (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...oulder-surgery), he cannot be traded until healed.

hdtrax 07-26-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xECK29x (Post 35382351)
This rumor has been going on for a while, it recently came out that he underwent surgery (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...oulder-surgery), he cannot be traded until healed.

This. I don't see him getting dealt until he's cleared for a return around December/January.

ThunderAlleyNomad 07-26-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzy345 (Post 35382309)

That hasn't really stopped since 2009.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 07-26-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML1988 (Post 35382381)
This. I don't see him getting dealt until he's cleared for a return around December/January.

not according to the Lighting's offical Twitter Page he will be set to go by camp

ThunderAlleyNomad 07-26-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML1988 (Post 35382381)

I hate to mention anything that would give any sort of credibility to this nonsense. But, he's supposed to be ready by camp.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 07-26-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xECK29x (Post 35382351)

thats not true. Kessel was traded while injured

hockeyball 07-26-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 35382461)
thats not true. Kessel was traded while injured

This has to be the #2 often used totally incorrect statement on HFboards right behind "Two-way contracts mean the player is not waiver eligible!"

You can be traded injured, happens all the time, you cannot however be WAIVED while injured.

jmart21 07-26-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzy345 (Post 35382309)

Nope. No place for him to play. Our top6 is clogged on the wings. Only way the leafs could accommodate him would be moving lupul (capwise and roster spot. And moving lupul to get malone is just plain redundant.

hatterson 07-26-2011 09:38 AM

He's definitely a Burke type player, but I can't see TB trading him. He played at a 20g/55pt pace, that's not a bad deal for 4.5M.

beastly115 07-26-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 35382517)
This has to be the #2 often used totally incorrect statement on HFboards right behind "Two-way contracts mean the player is not waiver eligible!"

You can be traded injured, happens all the time, you cannot however be WAIVED while injured.

This. He can be traded while injured as long as the accepting team knows he's injured and is ok with it.

hatterson 07-26-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 35382517)

I think it comes from the fact that the team has to sign off on his health for the trade to go through. Every so often a player fails a physical and a minor trade is voided so people assume you can't trade an injured player. What the real truth is, is that the accepting team has to be OK with his current health status (even if that status is "Won't play for 3 more years")

The EDM/LA stuff was a fiasco because LA was saying they were told "Oh this guy is almost healthy, he'll be ready in a week" and then found out there was significantly more wrong than that. The issue wasn't that he was injured, it was that he was *more* injured than LA was initially led to believe and wanted on their roster.

Luck 6 07-26-2011 09:54 AM

wrong post

dubey 07-26-2011 09:55 AM

Malone for Komisarek

Get it done

therealkoho 07-26-2011 09:55 AM

The Leafs have no need for Ryan Malone, the rumour is entirely wrong and unfounded

The Naz 07-26-2011 10:01 AM

If Burke were interested, I would only offer Lupul straight up. I think Lupul offers better potential offense and seemed to gel well with Kessel, but Malone is a real PF. We could use his gritty play. I just wouldn't overpay for it. Not a major need.

I would suspect someone would be willing to give up small futures for him. A 7.0B/C prospect and 2nd should do it, and be more along the lines of what they may be looking for. But that is assuming he is being moved to shed salary.

Flyerfan47 07-26-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishad (Post 35382243)
I don't know that I would consider ESPN a reliable source for hockey rumors.

lol. If you ever get to read the book about ESPN, it sounds like it's nothing more than a brothel.

jmart21 07-26-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgar Cayce (Post 35383035)
If Burke were interested, I would only offer Lupul straight up.

This is exactly why neither Burke nor Yzerman would make the deal.

The Naz 07-26-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 35382879)
Malone for Komisarek

Get it done

I don't think we could fit him without moving a winger. I don't think anyones interested in have another multi-millionaire winger on the 3rd line.

Although we do need to move a Dman, if he had something in place for a winger to be moved, I'd be cool with it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 07-26-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealkoho (Post 35382895)
The Leafs have no need for Ryan Malone, the rumour is entirely wrong and unfounded

how can a a Rumor be wrong? rumors are based on speculation which in turn is based on an opinion how can an opinion be wrong? opinions are usually not based on facts because they are opinions