HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: The boys are back. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=95920)

Skroob* 08-05-2004 01:35 PM

OT: The boys are back.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040805/dcth011_1.html

:banana: :banana: :banana:

October 4th.

unfortunately, i'm leaving the country in 2 weeks. damn. :cry:

I'm just glad they got in before Howie. Though im sure he'll take credit for 'inventing' XM, too.

Flyers26 08-05-2004 02:07 PM

Awesome news!!

Shadowtron 08-05-2004 02:14 PM

Ahh...the Howard Stern twins!!! Thank God it's a pay service.

Skroob* 08-05-2004 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Ahh...the Howard Stern twins!!! Thank God it's a pay service.

sure, you could say that. You would also have to take the way-back machine to 1982 when Howie was funny, but yes, i guess you could compare the two.

Shadowtron 08-05-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skroob
sure, you could say that. You would also have to take the way-back machine to 1982 when Howie was funny, but yes, i guess you could compare the two.

Doesn't really matter. I'm not a talk radio fan, Stern or otherwise. With O & A it's the same old schtick in a new time slot. I usually pop a CD in or hunt the channels for tunes.

drewcon40 08-05-2004 04:02 PM

I think Artie Lange is funnier than Stern, O and A. Although they are all pretty damn funny.

OpAck 08-05-2004 04:17 PM

Finally....we'll find out who actually won the WOW contest!!!!!

Nicey-nice!

Melrose_Jr. 08-05-2004 04:32 PM

Not an O&A fan, but glad for their fans that they're back on the air. Also glad to see what just might be a radio revolution. Terrestrial radio should be scared.

Son of Steinbrenner 08-05-2004 04:38 PM

i listened once in awhile but the whole sex in church thing is really creepy.

Bluenote13 08-05-2004 04:39 PM

This sums it up for me...........

Bill: "Traffic due to a mattress on the freeway!"

Marty: "Uh-oh, Joan Collins must be in town!"

Homer: "Joan Collins! That girl sleeps with everybody!"

:banana:

Skroob* 08-05-2004 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewcon40
I think Artie Lange is funnier than Stern, O and A. Although they are all pretty damn funny.

he can be pretty funny, but hes quite too oftern (from when i do listen to the show), but the same can be said for someone like Norton. Jim Breuer's AC/DC is 1000x better than Artie's, though. ;)

Skroob* 08-05-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
i listened once in awhile but the whole sex in church thing is really creepy.

it wasnt in the church itself. just the vestibule. And it was just a quick lift of the skirt, in-and-out (of the baloon-knot, i might add), and done. Nobody saw anything. In fact, had their 'spotter' not been a loud-mouth c-sucker, they would have gotten away with it.

Theoren Fan 08-05-2004 07:00 PM

Hey look at that,...

the boy's were over there, and now

there's over here now, ooh!

:gman: :gman: :gman:

Flyers26 08-05-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

it wasnt in the church itself. just the vestibule. And it was just a quick lift of the skirt, in-and-out (of the baloon-knot, i might add), and done. Nobody saw anything. In fact, had their 'spotter' not been a loud-mouth c-sucker, they would have gotten away with it.

True, but them getting kicked off the air, might just turn out to be the best thing that happened to them, especially after janet's Boob. Imagine how censored they would be on FM today!

Son of Steinbrenner 08-05-2004 07:13 PM

Quote:

its still in bad taste. i'm all for funny but it seems the line of decency keeps moving further and further. i find that "stunt" to be a million times worse than the whole janet jackson breastgate but to each his own.

Skroob* 08-05-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
True, but them getting kicked off the air, might just turn out to be the best thing that happened to them, especially after janet's Boob. Imagine how censored they would be on FM today!

Very true. i did a googlenews search toady and there are articles about this in markets they didnt even come near, like one i saw from SJ.

Skroob* 08-05-2004 07:44 PM

Quote:

its still in bad taste. i'm all for funny but it seems the line of decency keeps moving further and further. i find that "stunt" to be a million times worse than the whole janet jackson breastgate but to each his own.

the difference is, the janet thing was intentionally done in front of millions who had no idea what was going to happen.

OnA's event was not seen by anyone, and was only intended to be heard by people who knew what to expect.

The media, as usual, blows things way out of scale.

jas 08-05-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
the boy's were over there, and now

there's over here now, ooh!

:gman: :gman: :gman:

I'm Over Here Now!! :yo:

jas 08-05-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

That would be the moron, Paul Mercurio.

Son of Steinbrenner 08-05-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

the difference is, the janet thing was intentionally done in front of millions who had no idea what was going to happen.

OnA's event was not seen by anyone, and was only intended to be heard by people who knew what to expect.

The media, as usual, blows things way out of scale.

dude its wrong to pull sex stunts in a church even if nobody saw it. i only hope that they have learned from there past mistakes. the media didn't blow thing out of scale opie and anthoney crossed a line.

Skroob* 08-05-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
That would be the moron, Paul Mercurio.

yes yes, juicy-lips himself.

Skroob* 08-05-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

dude its wrong to pull sex stunts in a church even if nobody saw it. i only hope that they have learned from there past mistakes. the media didn't blow thing out of scale opie and anthoney crossed a line.

you know, you're right. anal sex is best left to preists and altar-boys.

Son of Steinbrenner 08-05-2004 10:15 PM

Quote:

you know, you're right. anal sex is best left to preists and altar-boys.

wow i don't condone opie and anthoney pulling stunts in a church so i must condone priests molesting altar boys :shakehead

defending a sex stunt in a church is about as low as somebody can go but hey you don't ever post anything worth reading anyway. opie and anthoney are back on a radio format that makes ham radio look good.

does the church have problems? no doubt but 9 our of 10 priests are good people. sadly opie and anthoney will cross the line again but the good part is 5 people will be listening.

Broadway Brett 08-05-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

wow i don't condone opie and anthoney pulling stunts in a church so i must condone priests molesting altar boys :shakehead

defending a sex stunt in a church is about as low as somebody can go but hey you don't ever post anything worth reading anyway. opie and anthoney are back on a radio format that makes ham radio look good.

does the church have problems? no doubt but 9 our of 10 priests are good people. sadly opie and anthoney will cross the line again but the good part is 5 people will be listening.

I forget, what exactly happened? What did they do in the church?

OpAck 08-06-2004 01:18 AM

Granted, the whole sex for sam fiasco was in bad taste, ONA have publicly admitted that. But it was blown out of proportion entirely by the media, Infinity, and the catholic league. It wasn't a "live on air play by play sex act" as some people would say. In fact, the courts couldn't even prove that it had even happened! I mean, the court eventually let the female participant go...I think they only gave the "spotter" (Mercurio) 7 days community service, and that was for mainly mouthing off to the cops. The male participant, however, suffered the worst fate of all....he died of a heart attack last September (eerie, eh?).

Alot of the blame can be laid upon Infinity for approving Sex For Sam in the first place. They even had promos for it months prior!! And this was the 3rd S4S they had done. Why did Infinity approve this? Well, because ONA were paid to push the envelope. Having an edgy show that pushed people's buttons creates good ratings and alotta cash, and that's what the ONA show did for Infinity. Infinity shut them out when everything turned sour.

If you honestly think no one will listen to ONA on XM...think again. The fans haven't moved on. ONA.com and Wackbag (one of their unofficial message boards) has been swamped all day. There's even talk about a comedy central or spiketv show. They're more popular than they were when they were with Infinity!