HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Waived: Preds complete buyout of Brett Lebda - (Signed by Columbus on Jan 19th) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=961659)

Mansfield 08-01-2011 11:52 AM

Preds complete buyout of Brett Lebda - (Signed by Columbus on Jan 19th)
 
Hello all,

Leafs fan here. I come in peace.


That said, I'm curious to know what you guys are going to do with Brett Lebda. Has there been any word from your coaching staff/gm about what he'll do? Will he be a stop gap third string? Or will he be sent to the ahl?

Just curious.

Firestorm 08-01-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansfield (Post 35565027)
Hello all,

Leafs fan here. I come in peace.


That said, I'm curious to know what you guys are going to do with Brett Lebda. Has there been any word from your coaching staff/gm about what he'll do? Will he be a stop gap third string? Or will he be sent to the ahl?

Just curious.

Do you want him back? ;)

BigFatCat999 08-01-2011 11:57 AM

Waivers and Milwaukee.

Mansfield 08-01-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan (Post 35565065)
Do you want him back? ;)

Not in the slightest. Send him to the A as fast as possible would be my recommendation.

Jarnberg 08-01-2011 12:01 PM

No one picks him up off waivers.

And the Predators cannot afford to pay a guy that much to be in Milwaukee. They wouldn't have signed Sloan if they thought Lebda would be in Milwaukee.

Lebda will be on the team this year and play a 6th or 7th, as bad as he is due to his monetary situation. Teams like us don't take on salaries like that if we expect them not to play.

AtlantaWhaler 08-01-2011 12:02 PM

I think he stays up as the #7

triggrman 08-01-2011 12:07 PM

Waived.

PredsV82 08-01-2011 12:08 PM

I expect he gets a chance to outplay our rookies in camp and if he does he will start the season on the third pair, but if he blows as hard as everyone says he will likely end up as the frequent scratch #7 Dman

ThirdManIn 08-01-2011 12:21 PM

We could afford to play Dumont on the fourth line with his $4m contract, but we can't afford to send $1.4m to the minors? Maybe signing Sloan was in anticipation of having two more rookies on the team out of camp. I fully expect Lebda to sit in the presser as injury insurance. But what's worse? Paying him to wear a suit, or paying him to play in Milwaukee?

CantbeatzPekka 08-01-2011 12:25 PM

who knows really, I just hope he doesnt suit up for Nashville unless its an emergency.

Everlong 08-01-2011 12:31 PM

Rides the pine, injury replacement.

ricky0034 08-01-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 35566101)
We could afford to play Dumont on the fourth line with his $4m contract, but we can't afford to send $1.4m to the minors? Maybe signing Sloan was in anticipation of having two more rookies on the team out of camp. I fully expect Lebda to sit in the presser as injury insurance. But what's worse? Paying him to wear a suit, or paying him to play in Milwaukee?

the difference is that if a player is in the AHL then they don't count towards the cap floor

ThirdManIn 08-01-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky0034 (Post 35567869)
the difference is that if a player is in the AHL then they don't count towards the cap floor

So? We aren't a cap floor team. That doesn't matter to us.

PredsV82 08-01-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 35567951)
So? We aren't a cap floor team. That doesn't matter to us.

actually we are. with only Weber left to sign we are 7 million and change below the floor.

ThirdManIn 08-01-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 35568541)
actually we are. with only Weber left to sign we are 7 million and change below the floor.

Let me clarify. We aren't a team that is looking to stay at the cap floor.

Seth Lake 08-01-2011 01:30 PM

The Preds have a buyout period coming up I believe later this week due to Weber arbitration. I believe Lebda will be bought out. He is not in our plans...

Paranoid Android 08-01-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 35568907)
The Preds have a buyout period coming up I believe later this week due to Weber arbitration. I believe Lebda will be bought out. He is not in our plans...

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention buyout. I think this is what happens as well

Webersmashpuck 08-01-2011 01:50 PM

I think we keep him and he plays on the 3rd pair or as the 7th defenseman, yes he sucked in Toronto but was servicable on some good Red Wings teams. Hes also not even 30 yet, so there could be some hope that Trotz could make Lebda an NHL defenseman.

PredsV82 08-01-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 35568907)
The Preds have a buyout period coming up I believe later this week due to Weber arbitration. I believe Lebda will be bought out. He is not in our plans...

I thought that would happen and it may still be done. would cost around 900K, giving us a net savings of 2.6 million in the franson trade.

but since it really only costs us 500K extra I wonder if they dont decide to keep him since Bouillon has suffered a setback

deanwormer 08-01-2011 02:58 PM

I would have bet on buy-out if Cube was healthy; given the setback he's gotta be our #7 dman - makes no sense to sit a kid like that, unless they're completely not in our plans and have no trade value.

PredsV82 08-01-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanwormer (Post 35571945)
I would have bet on buy-out if Cube was healthy; given the setback he's gotta be our #7 dman - makes no sense to sit a kid like that, unless they're completely not in our plans and have no trade value.

hmm.. sounds kinda like laakso to me...

Paranoid Android 08-01-2011 03:11 PM

Good point on Laakso.

Also though, for much of last season we only had 6 dmen on the roster.

Gnashville 08-01-2011 04:22 PM

Think Jamie Allison circa 2006.

I Will Son 08-01-2011 04:28 PM

I hope Lebderp never plays

Joe T Choker 08-01-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 35574623)
I hope Lebderp never plays

he won't


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.