HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hull signs with Yotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=96256)

Bubba64 08-06-2004 03:59 PM

Hull signs with Yotes
 
I think it will be the same transfer like with Amonte. :joker:

gmdevils 08-06-2004 04:33 PM

Thats funny... I play bass for the Yots and I've heard nothing of this news

golfmade 08-06-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmdevils
Thats funny... I play bass for the Yots and I've heard nothing of this news

He'll add a scoring touch, but watch his mouth. Although he could probably sing backup too.

triggrman 08-06-2004 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba64
I think it will be the same transfer like with Amonte. :joker:


That picture of Swampy is too funny. Is he still around anywhere?

sparkle twin 08-07-2004 01:26 AM

Have they always had all this money to be signing all these free agents? Were they just good budgeters (is that a word?) or where are they getting it from?

I never really had a problem with him until he went to the wings. (aside from the whole goal/no goal controversy- I didn't want dallas to win it). He's good for a few laughs but I'm glad we don't have to see him as much anymore.

WuRtZLeSs 08-07-2004 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba64
I think it will be the same transfer like with Amonte. :joker:

I don't mean to be an ass, but who the **** cares? It's not like we were in the running. The last thing we need is a bunch of Phoenix fans to take your bait for the sake of a pointless argument.

The Preds board is generally pretty solid in terms of hospitality and respectability towards other teams (with a couple good natured rivalries mixed in), we don't really need to go around messing with other teams for no reason.

I hope the Hull signing works out for them, why? Because I don't truly care one way or another, but the more talent on NHL teams the better and Phoenix has made some nice moves (Wheeler was a bit weird, but who knows) towards bettering their franchise.

Post whatever you want, but personally this type of **** doesn't fly with me.

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-07-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
I don't mean to be an ass, but who the **** cares? It's not like we were in the running. The last thing we need is a bunch of Phoenix fans to take your bait for the sake of a pointless argument.

The Preds board is generally pretty solid in terms of hospitality and respectability towards other teams (with a couple good natured rivalries mixed in), we don't really need to go around messing with other teams for no reason.

I hope the Hull signing works out for them, why? Because I don't truly care one way or another, but the more talent on NHL teams the better and Phoenix has made some nice moves (Wheeler was a bit weird, but who knows) towards bettering their franchise.

Post whatever you want, but personally this type of **** doesn't fly with me.


he posted an opinion, and there wasn't anything inflammatory about it. he doesn't think the hull signing will work out for them, and frankly...neither do i.

there's nothing wrong with that.

Basher 08-07-2004 01:28 PM

Im just glad I wont be seeing Hull score in red. If he does score against us, It'll be easier to swallow this time, I believe.

crossxcheck 08-07-2004 05:00 PM

I honestly have nothing against Hull. He's one of the few red wings that I didn't despise. I don't think he'll work out for the yotes, either, but I wish them and him the best.

And hey...only one person can score the first goal at the yote's new complex and we all know who that is..... ;) sorry had to throw that in.

Devils Advocate 08-07-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303
Have they always had all this money to be signing all these free agents? Were they just good budgeters (is that a word?) or where are they getting it from?

I never really had a problem with him until he went to the wings. (aside from the whole goal/no goal controversy- I didn't want dallas to win it). He's good for a few laughs but I'm glad we don't have to see him as much anymore.

They haven't had this money in the past. However, they moved into their OWN new arena last year (you must remember spoiling the party) which makes a HUGE difference in revenues for them. Their lease at their old building include NO concession, suite, advertising revenue.

I think they still have a very reasonable payroll. If we could get Scott Walker on the Coyotes, we'd be guaranteed the Stanley Cup. That guy absolutely KILLS us.

Basher 08-08-2004 12:47 AM

oh oh...
arkipov + walker for Doan

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-08-2004 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
oh oh...
arkipov + walker for Doan


i'll keep walker, thankyaverymuch. we've got Doan, Jr in Hartnell ;)

Basher 08-08-2004 11:29 AM

doans a center though, and a great guy....(favorite non-pred)

Joe T Choker 08-08-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
doans a center though, and a great guy....(favorite non-pred)

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.a...an&hubName=PHX

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/roster?team=pho

http://www.nhl.com/lineups/player/8462038.html

http://www.phoenixcoyotes.com/stats/...p?STID=1958313

Doan is a RW

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-08-2004 12:30 PM


booyakasha!

Basher 08-08-2004 01:10 PM

he has played center though....IVE SEEN IT

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-08-2004 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
he has played center though....IVE SEEN IT


and Andy Delmore played wing ;)

Basher 08-08-2004 01:49 PM

He definitely didn't play defense... :shakehead

mazmin 08-08-2004 10:13 PM

The second link you gave has him at LW.

And yes Doan can play center quite compatently.

SmokeyClause 08-08-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazmin
The second link you gave has him at LW.

And yes Doan can play center quite compatently.

He may be competent but he never plays there. He took less than 2% of the the Coyotes total faceoffs last year. He played a lot more at center two years ago. He's much better at wing.

WuRtZLeSs 08-09-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
he posted an opinion, and there wasn't anything inflammatory about it. he doesn't think the hull signing will work out for them, and frankly...neither do i.

there's nothing wrong with that.

I apologize. I suppose I just breezed over "I think" - but really, it had malicious undertones. It's those god damn malicious undertones I swear, I can sense them.... ;)

Anyway, I would trade Walker and Arkhipov for Doan in a second.

PredsFan77* 08-09-2004 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
I apologize. I suppose I just breezed over "I think" - but really, it had malicious undertones. It's those god damn malicious undertones I swear, I can sense them.... ;)

Anyway, I would trade Walker and Arkhipov for Doan in a second.

Shaddup and go back to trying to find an online girlfriend. :joker:

WuRtZLeSs 08-09-2004 01:46 AM

I'm still lookin' .. still lookin' ..

But it's a lot harder than I thought it'd be, I'll tell you that much.

:joker:

Basher 08-09-2004 04:02 AM

mail order is the way to go man.... :joker:

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-09-2004 04:37 AM

alright, you two.

take the pillow talk to PMs, please.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.