HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   What's your dirtiest 1 vs 1 dangle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=962583)

BRONX_MADNESS* 08-02-2011 08:42 PM

What's your dirtiest 1 vs 1 dangle

What's the best move you have 1 on 1? If you have several please list them in order of efficiency. If I'm in the corner I don't try to dangle i just try to protect the puck with my booty other ppl dangle tho dunno how i use the back of the net sometimes tho (like gretzky! :yo:)

Coming down the ice i try going wide then fake cutting in and open the stick blade to sell it sometimes D go for that or sometimes i do a toedrag if they're not very mobile. If i have good speed i also sometimes do under the stick or over the stick or over then under but i don't have the hands to do under the stick twice then separate from the D (I saw marty St. Louis do that a few yrs back DIRTYYYYY)

Soooooo what's ur go to dirty dangle plz describe it to me

Beauner 08-02-2011 08:58 PM

Watch the move Sedin makes before he shoots. Now pretend he's going down the middle of the ice 1-on-1, and that's what I like to do. After you get to the backhand (19 second mark), you can let it rip top shelf, or pull it across your body and drive wide.

Besides that I sometimes just beat the defender with speed and go around him.

And if I'm feeling really daring, I try this:

MacTruck 08-02-2011 10:23 PM

Was going in on a 1 on 2 and the first defenseman came out to hit me so I did a Datsyuk-esque move (backhand toe drag pull) to pull the puck behind me so he couldn't poke check. When he lunged out, I slid the puck betwen my skates and kicked it back out with the inside left skate (I'm a righty shot).

Then the second d-man came out and I used him as a screen by shooting it through his legs from the top circle on the left wing. shot it the far post about 6-10 inches off the ice and went in.

blueberrydanish 08-02-2011 10:59 PM

Nothing too creative...gonna use the excuse of "Im a d-man" so when I do get a chance I keep it somewhat simple.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/4148/dangj.png

Keep in mind Im a righty.

Solid red line is where I go once I get into their zone, dashed red line is when Ill ATTEMPT to toedrag in the direction of and black line is where I shoot it on the net usually, of course that varies with whats become available but thats my plan usually.

noobman 08-02-2011 10:59 PM

The nicest one I've ever done was the Spezza on Souray move, except from the left wing.

ponder 08-03-2011 01:58 AM

I guess toe drags or through the leg moves, not super consistent with either against better dmen though. I prefer to keep it simple, in 1 on 1 situations I'm generally looking to:

a) Back the dman up, get him a touch off balance, then fire a quick snapper using him as a screen, like a much less pretty version of this:

b) Simply drive wide if I feel I can get a step on the dman, like this, except without the Forsberg finish:

Gervess 08-03-2011 02:17 AM

I got a couple of good dangle into my bag, the one I do the most is to get on the left side (I'm right handed shot) with speed, fake to go along the bords and then hop the puck over the d-man sticks cutting into the middle, and then let it rip top shelf.

In order of sucess:

1-Over the stick
1-Toe drag
2-Between the legs (Ovechkin-like)
3-Under the stick
4-Spinorama

Other things I do is to approach the d-man slowly and fake it two times and just explod and shift it to get around him. When I'm near the hash marks's I use the d-man as a screen and just rip it between his legs (high sucess rate, because my shot is pretty acurate)

The between the legs that I'm talking about is at the 4:00 mark, I do the exact same thing coming on the left with a right hand shot, it's exactly the same. He does it again at 6:09 after.

http://youtu.be/Vq6E_Qe9UNQ?t=4m

kento 08-03-2011 09:43 AM

I love dangling off my backhand. I'm a right handed shot so i like to spread my legs when im coming down on a defenceman, put the puck on my backhand, switch it to forehand, back to backhand, between his legs and go on. While switching to forehand and backhand i like to put it through their stick just to make it look that much better.

Another is when somebody is skating right at me, i switch to my backhand (just slightly) and let the puck slowly roll off my stick through their legs. Sounds really simple but it works a lot.

Rebels21 08-03-2011 08:30 PM

1:30ish area
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-qORkl2-M

or if im feeling fancy ill flip the puck over the head or do the bobby ryan move where i move the puck a bit and windmill the stick over them.

budster 08-05-2011 01:20 AM

I usually end up coasting because I'm thinking too hard about what to do. At this point the backup defense comes in and shuts me down from the blind side. It's pretty sweet, let me tell you.

Jarick 08-05-2011 09:03 AM

Dump and chase.

Philybrook 08-05-2011 10:14 AM

Stick to the face, my favorite move for 1 on 1 situations

Jarick 08-05-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budster (Post 35682049)
I usually end up coasting because I'm thinking too hard about what to do. At this point the backup defense comes in and shuts me down from the blind side. It's pretty sweet, let me tell you.

I'm really good at that too.

After a dozen games moving up two levels, I'm finally getting the hang of the speed and chopped a couple inches off my stick so I could carry the puck closer and make quicker moves. Now instead of getting stripped I can cut to the other side and at least skate the puck in deep and try to center it.

I was a superstar when I was playing at a level I shouldn't have been though...just fake to the outside cut in and burn the D for a breakaway :laugh:

LA Kings Hockey 08-17-2011 11:00 PM

I came up on a defender, did a toe drag around his stick and pushed the puck on the backhand through his legs.

Finnish your Czech 08-18-2011 02:06 PM

Since I have no dangles, and no shot, my most frequently used move is a Jason Blake-esque fake cutting inside, then go around the net for a wrap-a-around.

Daryl 08-18-2011 03:08 PM

Well,the nicest goal I have scored is basically this: A rush from our blueline,dangling through 3 of the other teams forwards,drag it wide for the last forward,pull the Spezza on the Canadiens move,and then the defender got back in time so I shot it through his legs,top left. Beauty,that was.

Trojan35 08-19-2011 12:33 PM

Chip a puck between two defenseman*, have them both hit me at the same time and fall down while I remain upright... grab puck and score.

*it helps if they're midgets.

ATLhockey437 08-19-2011 07:35 PM

the bolland toe drag he did on suter, that was unreal. Also really like the the fake shot backhand toe drag but I don't try it that often in a real game, you look like a huge dbag if you mess it up.

#66 08-19-2011 09:30 PM

RHer on the LW... I'm pretty tall so I like to show a defenseman the puck, have them reach for it, toe drag it behind me and then put it through my legs. It puts me at a funny angle on the goalie but I'm pretty good at going short side high afterwards.

I like simpler moves though like faking short side, have the goalie plant his foot and then force his five hole open. Its so simple but I love scoring five hole.

ESH 08-19-2011 11:13 PM

Probably something like this:

I'm a defenseman, but I do rush the puck sometimes, but my main focus is defense, so I don't worry too much about any dangling.

jwitz04 08-19-2011 11:16 PM

take my time...bring the puck pretty far back on my forehand, wait for D man to step up and poke check, pull the puck through my legs. easy, looks nice, and effective..Kyle okposo does it alot

Enzo Gorlomi 08-20-2011 01:51 AM

I don't have a go to move. Every single situation is different and so I play each one individually. I probably have a tendency to look to get the defender flat footed by keeping the puck wide and then slipping the puck between their legs and stepping around them, but it's not something I "go to" automatically when I realize I'm one on one. It's a strength, but I play each situation as it arises and have a pretty decent success rate doing so. The game is meant to be played organically; read and react. The only time I have a move in mind before I do it is in a shootout situation (which is usually only goofing around with a goalie one on one anyway since they don't arise often in real games) and even then I'm more inclined to look at what the goalie is doing and react than to try and stick to a predetermined move.

Jimmy Carter 08-24-2011 10:20 PM

Oddly, I never really pull off any nice 1 on 1 moves, but have pulled off a few great 2 on 1 moves (where I'm the 1). I think the best I've ever had was I was behind the net, and for who knows why, both D-men come behind the net to try to force me out. 1 gets there before the other, so as he goes to poke check me I do a quick drag around his stick and end up with the puck on my backhand. The other guy arrives just as soon as I finish my 1st move, so I pull it back to forehand and put it between his legs as he's trying to hit me. I push my hands into his outside shoulder as he tries to check me, knocking him off balance in addition to him being out of position. I end up with the puck right by the goal line, and dish a backhander to my teammate who is unsurprisingly wide open since both D-men were behind the net. He put it top shelf to make sure the whole play looked nice :laugh:

Trevor3 08-25-2011 02:31 PM

As a defenceman, I don't get to dangle much if at all. However, a friend of mine pulled off one of the nicest moves I've seen, ever. It was at Midget provincials a couple of years back, he picked off a pass put it through the first defenders feet to get out of our zone, picked it up on the other side, shoulder faked the second defender then flipped the puck over his (defenders head) just skimming the top of his helmet, it landed on the other side and he skated into it and had a clear break from the red line in... hit the post.

Dr Van Nostrand 08-25-2011 02:43 PM

Staying back and crushing the guy when he has his head down