HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   St. John's Ice Caps Inaugural Season Thread. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=962817)

kento19 08-03-2011 09:30 AM

St. John's Ice Caps Inaugural Season Thread.

Now that the name has been announced it's time for the best fans in the ahl to get started on talking about the team. How do you think the team will do? Predict the lines. Talk about anything for the upcoming season in this thread.

adsfan 08-03-2011 06:09 PM

Welcome!

axecrew 08-03-2011 10:34 PM

They will be terrible. D will be suspect all year and goaltending is weak.

SFTC Addict 08-03-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axecrew (Post 35649075)

How do you think the wolves will be under MacT?

axecrew 08-04-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 35650453)
How do you think the wolves will be under MacT?

To tell you the truth green I think they will be much improved, going to have Good players in here and with Mac T as a coach I think he will instill a disiplined culture to the team. Something that was lacking last year, too many guys thought they knew more than the coaching staff.....those guys are on the rock now. Question for you....looking at the Wolves roster from last year can you honestly pick out players who have or had an honest shot at ever playing in the NHL?

SFTC Addict 08-04-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axecrew (Post 35660261)
To tell you the truth green I think they will be much improved, going to have Good players in here and with Mac T as a coach I think he will instill a disiplined culture to the team. Something that was lacking last year, too many guys thought they knew more than the coaching staff.....those guys are on the rock now. Question for you....looking at the Wolves roster from last year can you honestly pick out players who have or had an honest shot at ever playing in the NHL?

There are some guys who have been fringe guys or seen time but haven't lasted. like a Rissmiller, Welch, Valabik, Krog, Dawes and Haydar. However none of these guys are good NHL players

Not sure about Angelo. MAYBE he will be an NHL guy. His health though may have prevented that. guy just can't stay healthy.

PaulSedin 08-13-2011 06:05 PM

who would be there best players

Guardian17 08-13-2011 09:46 PM

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/20...-this-season/1

“We’ll be broadcasting all of our games — home and away — on radio,” says Glenn Stanford, the AHL team’s vice-president of operations.

sources tell The Telegram it will be Radio Newfoundland AM,

Also expect to see a goodly number of the IceCaps’ 38 home games at Mile One Centre to be televised locally

Rogers Television, which had a long association as the AHL Leafs’ local cable broadcaster, will be televising the IceCaps’ contest

All the IceCaps’ games will also be available online, either in audio-only through the local broadcasters’ website or via streaming video on AHL Live, an online subscription/pay service

Trevor3 09-27-2011 12:18 PM

Winnipeg assigned 20 players to the IceCaps today.

Forwards
John Albert, Akim Aliu, Kevin Clark, Mike Forney, Riley Holzapfel, Jason Jaffray, Eric O’Dell, Marco Rosa, Shawn Weller, Shayne Wiebe

Defencemen
Ben Chiarot, Mark Flood, Arturs Kulda, Julian Melchiori, Travis Ramsey, Zach Redmond, Cody Sol

Goalie
Chris Carrozzi, Peter Mannino, Edward Pasquale

Some decent names in there like Holzapfel, Aliu and Jaffray that I recognize. Those who follow the AHL more will know more about the rest.

WJG 09-30-2011 10:50 AM

I hope Gregoire-Cormier-Klingberg comprise the top line - they're our best prospects at forward and will hopefully make the big club in a year from now (Gregoire and Cormier are still here now, but I suspect they'll both be assigned to STJ soon)

Macksayev 09-30-2011 02:29 PM

Read in the Telegram that Alex Wall is trying out for the Ice Caps, can anybody keep me updated on how he does or whether or not he makes the team??

Louiss 10-01-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 37281203)
I hope Gregoire-Cormier-Klingberg comprise the top line - they're our best prospects at forward and will hopefully make the big club in a year from now (Gregoire and Cormier are still here now, but I suspect they'll both be assigned to STJ soon)

they will probably be in the top2 but I suspect they are all together on the first with the quality of vets in STJ

the difference between a 1st and 2nd line in the AHL is slim to none anyway and it can change every game which one become the 1st

adsfan 10-03-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor3 (Post 37159743)
Winnipeg assigned 20 players to the IceCaps today.

Forwards
John Albert, Akim Aliu, Kevin Clark, Mike Forney, Riley Holzapfel, Jason Jaffray, Eric O’Dell, Marco Rosa, Shawn Weller, Shayne Wiebe

Defencemen
Ben Chiarot, Mark Flood, Arturs Kulda, Julian Melchiori, Travis Ramsey, Zach Redmond, Cody Sol

Goalie
Chris Carrozzi, Peter Mannino, Edward Pasquale

Some decent names in there like Holzapfel, Aliu and Jaffray that I recognize. Those who follow the AHL more will know more about the rest.

Aliu can play, assuming that he doesn't start a fight (including with his own team)!

Kulda is a steady d-man. Every team needs at least one.

Pasquale is a real battler in goal. He is one tough kid who could outplay Mannino.

Rosa is a former Admiral flop who caught fire in Houston.

There are twelve names that I don't recognize.

Canadienjet 10-03-2011 07:41 PM

Aliu is cut and sent to Colorado(ECHL).

adsfan 10-03-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadienjet (Post 37422317)
Aliu is cut and sent to Colorado(ECHL).

Did he punch a teammate already?:shakehead

Canadienjet 10-03-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 37422543)
Did he punch a teammate already?:shakehead

He had 2 preseason games and did nothing.We got a load of guys comming in as well.

CHRDANHUTCH 10-04-2011 04:29 PM

Jaffray named inaugural Captain.

WJG 10-04-2011 07:08 PM

Flood will probably be named captain. It seemed like he was being groomed for it in Winnipeg.

Melchiori and Redmond looked really good at the Jets camp. They're probably our #3 and #4 defense prospects behind Postma and Kulda. Redmond was also the captain of the rookie team.

Pasquale looks like a gem. He was great in the rookie tournament and in Winnipeg. He and Aebischer will probably split the season IMO.

As for prospects I'm excited to see play in the AHL: O'Dell, Kirkpatrick and Wiebe all had very good seasons in Junior last year and Sol looks like a Matt Carkner/Theo Peckham-type who can play but also drop the gloves when needed.

Canadienjet 10-04-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 37462025)
Flood will probably be named captain. It seemed like he was being groomed for it in Winnipeg.

Melchiori and Redmond looked really good at the Jets camp. They're probably our #3 and #4 defense prospects behind Postma and Kulda. Redmond was also the captain of the rookie team.

Pasquale looks like a gem. He was great in the rookie tournament and in Winnipeg. He and Aebischer will probably split the season IMO.

As for prospects I'm excited to see play in the AHL: O'Dell, Kirkpatrick and Wiebe all had very good seasons in Junior last year and Sol looks like a Matt Carkner/Theo Peckham-type who can play but also drop the gloves when needed.

Jaffray is the captain.Aebischer is there to mentor Ed and help him along.

Kirkpatrick got sent to Colorado.Sol may not get much ice time.

RED ARMY EAST 10-04-2011 09:02 PM

Kirkpatrick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadienjet (Post 37463349)
Jaffray is the captain.Aebischer is there to mentor Ed and help him along.

Kirkpatrick got sent to Colorado.Sol may not get much ice time.

Has he signed a contract, or reported to Colorado?
Could we see him in the CIS (Canadian University) playing for one of the AUS teams ?
Has Kyle Bailey also been sent to Colorado?

Galchenkel 10-07-2011 04:20 PM

I will be in St John's newt week end so I can see my Baby Habs playing at the Mile One :handclap:

But are there any people from St John's here? I'm looking to rent a Cadillac CTS but it seems that none of the big agencies offer them..They don't even rent Premium car at all :shakehead

Any help would be helpful :help:

Trevor3 10-07-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Garner (Post 37593491)
I will be in St John's newt week end so I can see my Baby Habs playing at the Mile One :handclap:

But are there any people from St John's here? I'm looking to rent a Cadillac CTS but it seems that none of the big agencies offer them..They don't even rent Premium car at all :shakehead

Any help would be helpful :help:

I don't think you can rent anything in St. John's except the conventional Chevy Impala, Malibu and Buick Lacrosse.

Car rentals are an issue in the province during tourist season because rental companies don't place enough vehicles on the island as it is. Operators would be happy to get another 50 Cobalts to help with demand for cars... the chances of any company having premium vehicles is slim to none.

CHRDANHUTCH 01-31-2012 05:48 PM

breaking from the Ice Cap blog....

the original agreement between TNSE and Danny Williams has now been modified: Williams' option was to buy the SJIC outright after 3 seasons; TNSE has decided due to success of the IC, they will retain all operational assets, just as they did while in Manitoba.

Link to The Telegram Article

IceCapsFanNL 04-02-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axecrew (Post 35649075)

Just found this post. Not to pick on the original poster, but I guess its hard to figure out how a team put together from two organizations will do. IceCaps clinched the Atlantic Division Saturday night. We need some bodies back if we are going anywhere in the playoffs, but that's another story.

thelos 04-02-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL (Post 47149755)
Just found this post. Not to pick on the original poster, but I guess its hard to figure out how a team put together from two organizations will do. IceCaps clinched the Atlantic Division Saturday night. We need some bodies back if we are going anywhere in the playoffs, but that's another story.

at least WPG didnt make the playoffs so some players will be sent back down