HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much money do you spend a year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=964819)

SgtJoseph 08-06-2011 10:22 PM

How much money do you spend a year?

Just curious as to how much $$$$$$ do some of you spend over the course of Hockey season going to games, buying jerseys, paying for parking, concessions etc ? I am sure some of the numbers will be more than many might realize ? For example

Last year i figure i spent 2500 dollars going to Minor league games in Pensacola and one game up in Philly, and one game in Nashville.

OriginJM 08-06-2011 10:28 PM

About $150-200 maybe.

sobrien 08-06-2011 11:30 PM

me personally? I paid $10 to see the Flyers play in Columbus last season.

Now that I'm home from school for good, I expect to rise a bit. I suppose I need money first though :help:

FlyersFan61290 08-06-2011 11:36 PM

$200-300 bucks. my bro gets me $50-80 club box tickets to select home games through his work (AT&T). i used to go to a lot of phantom games but since they moved i didn't spend quite as much as i have in the past last year.

COMCASTMONEY 08-06-2011 11:56 PM

Have lived in Pittsburgh for all of 2011, but in 2010 I paid $30 to see game 4 against Boston.

Spongolium* 08-07-2011 05:26 AM

Jersey cost me $250 last year, it's my second.
Internet costs me $45 a month

When the NHL came to london we each spent around $200 to get down to london to watch it. Well worth it.

Oh and about 3000 hours in sleep lost. Thats probably the most expensive thing.

MsWoof 08-07-2011 08:41 AM

I pay $20 or so a month for GameCentre. Didn't go to any NHL games this season and only 2 OHL games. Gotta change that!

Jules801 08-07-2011 09:50 AM

$2715 for games and parking (that's half a season for 2 seats, lower-ish part of upper level).
Probably another $500 or so in food (don't drink, don't always eat at games)

Don't buy a jersey every year or a ton of other stuff, but I guess $3500 a year is accurate.

Spongolium* 08-07-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 35733371)
$2715 for games and parking (that's half a season for 2 seats, lower-ish part of upper level).
Probably another $500 or so in food (don't drink, don't always eat at games)

Don't buy a jersey every year or a ton of other stuff, but I guess $3500 a year is accurate.

Jesus christ. Thats only for half a season??

DrinkFightFlyers 08-07-2011 10:43 AM

Since I moved to central PA not that much. I used to go to 3-4 games a year but I haven't been to a game since game 82 of 09-10. I only buy a jersey when I get "attached" to a player. I had two Richards jerseys :(

I'll probably get my wife to get me a jersey for X-Mas this year, just not sure of whom yet. Gotta pick a new favorite player. Probably Kimmo, maybe one of the new guys.

So prob like $100-$200 a year, unless I buy a jersey.

Hollywood Couturier 08-07-2011 10:48 AM

Last year? $500.
This year? $4000+

Bought season tickets for the first time, at the moment I'm regretting it but whatever. I'll be most likely selling some of them on here when the time comes if interested. Also normally buy multiple jerseys a year.

FlyersFan61290 08-07-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 35734069)
Since I moved to central PA not that much. I used to go to 3-4 games a year but I haven't been to a game since game 82 of 09-10. I only buy a jersey when I get "attached" to a player. I had two Richards jerseys :(

I'll probably get my wife to get me a jersey for X-Mas this year, just not sure of whom yet. Gotta pick a new favorite player. Probably Kimmo, maybe one of the new guys.

So prob like $100-$200 a year, unless I buy a jersey.

I got my authentic Richards jersey this past year for Christmas. The year before I got an authentic Gagne jersey. I picked those two cause I figured they would be Flyers forever. I didn't even get a full season w/ the jersey before they were traded. Just my sh!tty luck I guess, lol.

Jules801 08-07-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 35733997)
Jesus christ. Thats only for half a season??

Yep. And upper level! Can you imagine what Sign Guy pays?

SgtJoseph 08-07-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier (Post 35734135)
Last year? $500.
This year? $4000+

Bought season tickets for the first time, at the moment I'm regretting it but whatever. I'll be most likely selling some of them on here when the time comes if interested. Also normally buy multiple jerseys a year.

Hopefully this years club will gel quickly and your 4k will be worth it !If i still lived up in South Jersey where i grew up i would do everything possible to have season tickets.....I really miss driving across the Walt Whitman bridge and going to the games in Philly.Especially the Flyers and Phillies games.

Spongolium* 08-07-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier (Post 35734135)
Last year? $500.
This year? $4000+

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 35734221)

Wow, That scares me a little. On the plus side, If I wanted to see the flyers it would cost me around $3000, and thats being conservative :(

Once GameCenter becomes available to the UK i'll probably get it. I still don't trust ESPN 360.

Hollywood Couturier 08-07-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJoseph (Post 35734779)
Hopefully this years club will gel quickly and your 4k will be worth it !If i still lived up in South Jersey where i grew up i would do everything possible to have season tickets.....I really miss driving across the Walt Whitman bridge and going to the games in Philly.Especially the Flyers and Phillies games.

I'm not regretting it for the team that's being put on the ice. I like the team. I'm just only 19 so it's not really a smart financial decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 35734823)
Wow, That scares me a little. On the plus side, If I wanted to see the flyers it would cost me around $3000, and thats being conservative :(

Once GameCenter becomes available to the UK i'll probably get it. I still don't trust ESPN 360.

Just think, when Lebron signed with the Heat you could get season tickets in the upper level for the Panthers for $246 each and $943 for lower level. Price you have to pay to be a fan of a good team.

MsWoof 08-07-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

You can't get it in Europe? That surprises me, I figured they'd want to make it available everywhere and there are a lot of NHL fans in Europe.

MsWoof 08-07-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 35734185)
I got my authentic Richards jersey this past year for Christmas. The year before I got an authentic Gagne jersey. I picked those two cause I figured they would be Flyers forever. I didn't even get a full season w/ the jersey before they were traded. Just my sh!tty luck I guess, lol.

That sucks. I don't think I'm buying any customized jerseys anymore, I have 2 Richards ones and my friend got me a knock off Briere a few weeks ago as a present from a flea market.

Just a word of warning, if you get a Giroux this year I'm going to hunt you down!

Sawdalite 08-07-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 35734221)

With the new row structuring costs, even the lower upper level is getting costlier... Being in the second row, what was expensive in the past now takes a 23.5% bump... I hate to total what I spend per season -- long postseasons are expensive -- we attend over half the games and usually make at least one road game per year. We eat before the game but spend little on in-game snacks; we refrain from drinking beer at games a the greatly inflated prices... Transportation and parking keeps rising as gas, tolls and parking lot go up. We but jerseys and caps for the games and that also adds to the bottom line... I really don't want to put the pieces together and see the damage.

This last 23.5% increase may be the final straw that chases off our partner who buys the other half of the season... while upper rows and more center ice my have seen reduced ticket prices our spot made up for it, and after seasons of his *****ing he my finally put up on his threats and call it quits after over Forty seasons as a season ticket holder... I on the other hand will continue to be one of the lemmings who go over that cliff year in and year out... Just don't torture me by making me total up the cost of my evil obsession. ;)

... And yes, Sign Man must pay a king's ransom for his seat... but on the other hand Dancing Guy Shawney most likely got cut a break with the seat row restructuring and before that got to see an entire season for the cost of my half season share -- and his orange t-shirts cost well less than our jerseys haha.

Spongolium* 08-07-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 35734941)
You can't get it in Europe? That surprises me, I figured they'd want to make it available everywhere and there are a lot of NHL fans in Europe.

Yeah you would think that wouldn't ya. The NHL is missing out on a massive fanbase in the UK. Tried to get it and we get the same message, "buy espn 360". It's awful for reliability. Some people have 0 problems, others can't watch a game all year, not going to waste absurd amounts of money for that when i can get the same reliability from illegal streams onlien.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 35734973)
That sucks. I don't think I'm buying any customized jerseys anymore, I have 2 Richards ones and my friend got me a knock off Briere a few weeks ago as a present from a flea market.

Just a word of warning, if you get a Giroux this year I'm going to hunt you down!

Agreed with this. Just to expand, please stop buying jerseys!

SgtJoseph 08-07-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Just curious,what made you become a Flyers fan living over in Great Britain ?Hopefully game center will become available to you soon before the season gets under way !

SolidSnakeUS 08-07-2011 12:21 PM

Sadly, and usually, none. I've... never even been to a Flyers game :laugh:.

Jules801 08-07-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdalite (Post 35735095)
With the new row structuring costs, even the lower upper level is getting costlier... Being in the second row, what was expensive in the past now takes a 23.5% bump... I hate to total what I spend per season -- long postseasons are expensive -- we attend over half the games and usually make at least one road game per year. We eat before the game but spend little on in-game snacks; we refrain from drinking beer at games a the greatly inflated prices... Transportation and parking keeps rising as gas, tolls and parking lot go up. We but jerseys and caps for the games and that also adds to the bottom line... I really don't want to put the pieces together and see the damage.

This last 23.5% increase may be the final straw that chases off our partner who buys the other half of the season... while upper rows and more center ice my have seen reduced ticket prices our spot made up for it, and after seasons of his *****ing he my finally put up on his threats and call it quits after over Forty seasons as a season ticket holder... I on the other hand will continue to be one of the lemmings who go over that cliff year in and year out... Just don't torture me by making me total up the cost of my evil obsession. ;)

... And yes, Sign Man must pay a king's ransom for his seat... but on the other hand Dancing Guy Shawney most likely got cut a break with the seat row restructuring and before that got to see an entire season for the cost of my half season share -- and his orange t-shirts cost well less than our jerseys haha.

We are very similar. We're in row 6 of 210, our costs didn't go up tooooo much. But yes, lemmings is probably a good term.

Pantokrator 08-07-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJoseph (Post 35727647)
Just curious as to how much $$$$$$ do some of you spend over the course of Hockey season going to games, buying jerseys, paying for parking, concessions etc ? I am sure some of the numbers will be more than many might realize ? For example

Last year i figure i spent 2500 dollars going to Minor league games in Pensacola and one game up in Philly, and one game in Nashville.

You live in Pensacola? How are the games there? I'm over in Mobile.

I figure I spend 100-200 dollars a year on jerseys and t-shirts and such. I'd spend more if I could actually attend some hockey games though.

Spongolium* 08-07-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJoseph (Post 35735603)
Just curious,what made you become a Flyers fan living over in Great Britain ?Hopefully game center will become available to you soon before the season gets under way !

Me and my buddies were hanging out at someone's house about 11 years ago, he brought over NHL 2000 I think. First time we played it, all hooked. The guy that brought the game over had a friend that supported the sharks, so he immediatly became a sharks fan. I had to find a team that had the same rating as the sharks so the games were even. Flyers were the only other team so i picked them, and the rest is history :)

Funny thing is, that the flyers are now my sports team over all others. I was thinking about it the other day, and choosing between Wales winning the rugby world cup and the Flyers winning the stanley cup was so close i can't decide.

Manchester united - football
Newport Dragons + Wales - Rugby
St Helens - Rugby League. My team have folded for the second time.