HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Syvret (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=965117)

trikotomas 08-07-2011 06:15 PM

Blues sign Syvret

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x18526007...eman-via-Blues

Blues sign the former Flyer, good luck to him!

King Forsberg 08-07-2011 06:35 PM

Best of luck to Danny. I always liked him as a player. I have a feeling he'll be a Flyer come trade deadline. Again.

VanSciver 08-07-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timonen (Post 35742161)
Best of luck to Danny. I always liked him as a player. I have a feeling he'll be a Flyer come trade deadline. Again.

Why would the Flyers trade for a defenseman who is really a career AHL player, or at best a part time 6/7 defenseman? Certainly not a top 6 regular defenseman on a good team.

DrinkFightFlyers 08-07-2011 06:59 PM

Good for him. I always liked Syvret.

King Forsberg 08-07-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanSciver (Post 35742639)
Why would the Flyers trade for a defenseman who is really a career AHL player, or at best a part time 6/7 defenseman? Certainly not a top 6 regular defenseman on a good team.

It's the Flyers, nothing can surprise me now

VanSciver 08-07-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timonen (Post 35742755)
It's the Flyers, nothing can surprise me now

He signed a 2 way contract, and the Blues signed him to play for Peoria on their AHL team. He's not an NHL defenseman. So chances of the Flyers trading for him at the deadline? Not likely.

sa cyred 08-07-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanSciver (Post 35742981)
He signed a 2 way contract, and the Blues signed him to play for Peoria on their AHL team. He's not an NHL defenseman. So chances of the Flyers trading for him at the deadline? Not likely.

Considering they traded for him last season after they let him go, I wouldnt be surprised if he was on the team again midseason.

1865 08-07-2011 08:07 PM

I can handle us signing Leighton. I can handle us trading Upshall and Gagne. I can handle us trading Carter AND Richards on the same day...but when they let Syvret go for the second time? That was the last straw for me.

RJ8812 08-07-2011 08:33 PM

meh. no loss

Spongolium* 08-08-2011 04:16 AM

Good luck to him. He'll probably be back though lol. We'll need him for the winter classic

GKJ 08-08-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanSciver (Post 35742639)

They just did that with Syvret last year.

o Hamhuis 2 x 08-08-2011 08:18 PM

They had Syvret 2 times I believe? I know the Oilers used our draft pick to draft him, we traded Potulny for him, and wasn't he part of the Maroon trade? Anyway, I really like him. He is really underrated. I didn't really see him make too many mistakes when he played and it seems like he knows how to move the puck around. I would've rather had him than Lilja. I have his autograph too. He's a nice guy.

VanSciver 08-08-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x (Post 35772507)
They had Syvret 2 times I believe? I know the Oilers used our draft pick to draft him, we traded Potulny for him, and wasn't he part of the Maroon trade? Anyway, I really like him. He is really underrated. I didn't really see him make too many mistakes when he played and it seems like he knows how to move the puck around. I would've rather had him than Lilja. I have his autograph too. He's a nice guy.

Underrated? He's a minor league defenseman. Lilja is a better defender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 35756725)
They just did that with Syvret last year.

A warm body for the Phantoms. Wonder why the Flyers didn't resign him?

o Hamhuis 2 x 08-08-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanSciver (Post 35773777)

That's a joke dude. He's an offensive defenseman who was stuck on our depth chart. No way he's worse than Lilja either. He is actually a really good defenseman, but whatever you say. Is Lilja the next Superstar? Or is he stuck with allstar cause Shelley already owns the title?

RJ8812 08-08-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x (Post 35775639)
That's a joke dude. He's an offensive defenseman who was stuck on our depth chart. No way he's worse than Lilja either. He is actually a really good defenseman, but whatever you say. Is Lilja the next Superstar? Or is he stuck with allstar cause Shelley already owns the title?

Syvret is nothing more than a 7th defenseman

o Hamhuis 2 x 08-08-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 35775741)
Syvret is nothing more than a 7th defenseman

I'm not trying to say he belongs on the top 2 pairings but come on. He's better than Lilja at this point. He's younger, he's on a two way deal, and he's better offensively. Lilja is too old now so I would've rather kept Syvret.

RJ8812 08-08-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x (Post 35775961)
I'm not trying to say he belongs on the top 2 pairings but come on. He's better than Lilja at this point. He's younger, he's on a two way deal, and he's better offensively. Lilja is too old now so I would've rather kept Syvret.

oh ok, I didn't know you traveled in a Delorean to see how Lilja performed this up-coming season

o Hamhuis 2 x 08-08-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 35776183)
oh ok, I didn't know you traveled in a Delorean to see how Lilja performed this up-coming season

No need for sarcasm its just a thought. I'm just figuring that, while he hasn't really proven much, Syvret could probably be a better option than Lilja, who is getting old.

Hockeypete49 08-08-2011 11:09 PM

He got a job,so good for him, As for me I could care less about him. I did not like his game at all. A real bland player.

GoneFullHextall 08-09-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanSciver (Post 35773777)

Lilja ****ing sucks. Dont go on that limb too far saying hes better then Syvret.

o Hamhuis 2 x 08-09-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 35779951)
Lilja ****ing sucks. Dont go on that limb too far saying hes better then Syvret.

This is the point I've been trying to get across. At least Syvret is decent. Lilja is bad-decent. ;)

GoneFullHextall 08-09-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x (Post 35780185)
This is the point I've been trying to get across. At least Syvret is decent. Lilja is bad-decent. ;)

I am not saying Syret is good by any means. the Flyers chose to go with Lilja as the 6/7 guy over Syvret or Bartulis, Marshall ect ect because once again they chose to go with the vet. a broken down stay at home guy who skates like hes got 100 pounds of cement in his skates. but a vet none the less.
If we we have to rely on this guy for any significant stretch of time we are in trouble. If you thought we had issues on the bottom pairing backend a couple of years ago. Wait till you see this guy. Lilja makes OD look like a great skater.

six sigma 08-09-2011 02:18 AM

Wasn't he Richards' buddy anyway?;)
No reason for him to stick around.

o Hamhuis 2 x 08-09-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 35780299)
I am not saying Syret is good by any means. the Flyers chose to go with Lilja as the 6/7 guy over Syvret or Bartulis, Marshall ect ect because once again they chose to go with the vet. a broken down stay at home guy who skates like hes got 100 pounds of cement in his skates. but a vet none the less.
If we we have to rely on this guy for any significant stretch of time we are in trouble. If you thought we had issues on the bottom pairing backend a couple of years ago. Wait till you see this guy. Lilja makes OD look like a great skater.

Oh god I can't wait :facepalm:

mirimon 08-09-2011 04:52 AM

I really wish we wouldn't have signed Lilja, but he has been a NHL defender even for the past few seasons, although a fairly bad one. Syvret is a tweener. Good in the AHL but not good enough for the next level. Lilja is getting up there in age though and he is certainly not going to be any quicker out there, maybe Syvret will be better, but I doubt that.

Lilja also is a pretty good pk defender. He has that going for him in any case.

Maybe the third time will be the charm for Syvret though when we trade Testwuide for him around trade deadline.