HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Let's Talk LW Trade Options (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=966231)

Clowes Line 08-09-2011 09:05 PM

Let's Talk LW Trade Options

I wouldn't go as far to say he is a locker room cancer, but he has definitely had his issues in the past. We always talk about getting that LW to put on a line with Richie and Gabby. Heatley IMO is the best option we have. It simply took the Wild Havlat to get him. At 6"4', 220 lbs he would be the perfect fit on our top line. What would it take to get him from the Wild?

My proposal would be a 1st round pick either next year or 2013, Zuccarello, and Girardi. Is that overpayment? Underpayment? Fair value? Would you want to get rid of Girardi now, or wait until the young guys mature and become better players?

I'm just thinking...

Heatley-Richie-Gabby
Duby-AA-Cally
Wolski-Stepan-Fedotenko
Boyle-Rupp-Prust

Staal-Erixon (if he lives up to his potential)
Sauer-McDonagh
Del Zotto (Hopefully)-Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron

Thoughts?

New York RKY 08-09-2011 09:06 PM

Why exactly would Minny trade him after they just acquired him?

It's a good thing because I don't want him anywhere near my team. When the spot light is on, he crumbles to the ground. That's not the type of player that should be on the big stage.

EDIT: That's also a weak package if you wanted to really convince Minny to deal him.

Clowes Line 08-09-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 35803175)
Why exactly would Minny trade him after they just acquired him?

It's a good thing because I don't want him anywhere near my team. When the spot light is on, he crumbles to the ground. That's not the type of player that should be on the big stage.

EDIT: That's also a weak package if you wanted to really convince Minny to deal him.

Not being a performer in the playoffs doesn't mean he can't perform in the spotlight. You're telling me you wouldn't want Joe Thornton because he has had very little success in his playoff career?

New York RKY 08-09-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35803219)
Not being a performer in the playoffs doesn't mean he can't perform in the spotlight. You're telling me you wouldn't want Joe Thornton because he has had very little success in his playoff career?

Again, why would Minnesota trade him after they JUST GOT HIM a couple of months ago.

Especially for that weak package.

And when you couple the fact that he can't preform in the playoffs, with the general fact that he just really isn't a good person (or at least a little diva), then no I don't want him on my team.

Swept In Seven 08-09-2011 09:10 PM

Um I would take a huge pass on Heatley

Clowes Line 08-09-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 35803275)
Again, why would Minnesota trade him after they JUST GOT HIM a couple of months ago.

Especially for that weak package.

And when you couple the fact that he can't preform in the playoffs, with the general fact that he just really isn't a good person (or at least a little diva), then no I don't want him on my team.

Whether Minny wants to trade him or not has nothing to do with this thread. I'm simply asking what we would have to give to get him and whether you would want him. I respect your opinion that you don't want him, just don't agree with it. The Ottawa thing was a while ago. I didn't see any issues with him in San Jose. Although he was traded, so maybe something went on, who knows... But yea i figured my proposal was weak.

How about something along the lines of a 1st and a 2nd, Girardi, McIlrath, and Wolski

DrSutton* 08-09-2011 09:18 PM

he JUST got traded!

New York RKY 08-09-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35803409)
Whether Minny wants to trade him or not has nothing to do with this thread. I'm simply asking what we would have to give to get him and whether you would want him. I respect your opinion that you don't want him, just don't agree with it. The Ottawa thing was a while ago. I didn't see any issues with him in San Jose. Although he was traded, so maybe something went on, who knows... But yea i figured my proposal was weak.

How about something along the lines of a 1st and a 2nd, Girardi, McIlrath, and Wolski

Minny is trading away a top line forward.

They are going to expect to get one in return. At least that's what I think.

So think Dubinsky, plus maybe a prospect.

Rangers4Life74 08-09-2011 09:20 PM

him on the 1st line with Richards and Gaborik would be great offensively.but man,it would be a nightmare defensively.

wolfgaze 08-09-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35803219)

The real question is why does Heatley find himself on his 4th NHL team at the start of his 10 NHL season? For a fairly regular 40G / 70+P guy, it's hard to conceive that no team has tried to lock him up and retain him for any longer than a 4 year stretch (with Sens). The point production (minus last year) looks great on paper, but there has to be something about his personality or character that concerns GM's who have shopped him (ATL situation is a bit different). Why don't they identify him as a key piece of their organization moving forward? I just think it's a reminder that there's so much more to a player's game and his value to an organization than just the #'s on a stat sheet.

If somebody watched the Sharks regularly and knows more about the issues with Heatley and the Sharks organization, please feel free to chime in.

Clowes Line 08-09-2011 09:26 PM

So far, consensus is you don't want him, due to his personal issues. So let me ask you this, who is someone you guys would want to bring in to play top line. Clearly most of us want Duby staying with Cally. Who's a legit trade option to play top line?

skymachine 08-09-2011 09:26 PM

Big fat NO to Heatley. His speed is diminishing at an alarming rate, as his is production. Turnover machine and a no show in the 2 playoff seasons with SJ. Sharks did a good thing by trading him...and I follow the Sharks regularly being that they're the local team.

wolfgaze 08-09-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35803673)
So far, consensus is you don't want him, due to his personal issues. So let me ask you this, who is someone you guys would want to bring in to play top line. Clearly most of us want Duby staying with Cally. Who's a legit trade option to play top line?

Hard to answer that question because I couldn't tell you what it would take nor who I would want to trade to acquire the aforementioned player.... In fact I don't want to trade any roster players right now, so that makes it even more difficult to answer.... Definitely not Heatley though.... Stastny would have been on my radar prior to the Richards signing.... Rangers should stick with what they've got and see how this group of players shakes out.... If they show some serious compete, they can make the moves that need to be made next summer when they have a better gauge of what we're working with here.

New York RKY 08-09-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35803673)

The players I would want for the top line are either unavailable or extremely pricey.

Stugots 08-09-2011 09:30 PM

I haven't seen him play much, but stats-wise his last season was nowhere near what he used to be, his playoffs were mediocre.

OverTheCap 08-09-2011 09:33 PM

"Trade for Heatley" threads are soooo summer of 2009.

wolfgaze 08-09-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stugots (Post 35803783)
I haven't seen him play much, but stats-wise his last season was nowhere near what he used to be, his playoffs were mediocre.

Boy was he ever a non-factor in the Vancouver series.... Even Houdini would have been impressed with that 'disappearing act'.

Clowes Line 08-09-2011 09:37 PM

Ryan Clowe?

New York RKY 08-09-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35803971)
Ryan Clowe?

People like Ryane Clowe, Loui Eriksson, Bobby Ryan, Zach Parise.

People of those ilk. Hard working players with a business attitude and a good/locker room guy.

Fitzy 08-09-2011 09:40 PM

I'm happy with the set we have right now.

I'd give our crew a half season before making a forced trade; if you're going to invest in a really good RW it would take a significant chunk of our depth (And cap space) to get one.

So lets see how Wolski, Dubinsky, Fedotenko, Rupp fare for now.

Oh, and Slats as good as said that the team wasnt pursuing a high priced LW.

Machinehead 08-09-2011 09:47 PM

Let's just try what we have first and then consider new acquisitions. We'll still be good next year, and besides you don't want too many new players at the same time.

Vitto79 08-09-2011 09:48 PM

The team is just fine right now. Let's see what Wolski can do and Zuccarello is the wild card

I would look at FA rental wingers at deadline. No idea who is on that list but I doubt its a huge group

beastly115 08-09-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 35804005)
People like Ryane Clowe, Loui Eriksson, Bobby Ryan, Zach Parise.

People of those ilk. Hard working players with a business attitude and a good/locker room guy.

Besides Ryan and Parise, we might as well just let Dubinsky take that spot. Clowe and Eriksson aren't a big enough upgrade on Dubinsky to make it worth our while.

If we're going to make a trade, we need to go balls to the wall and get a top 3, elite guy.

SERE 24 08-09-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJBergy86 (Post 35803281)
Um I would take a huge pass on Heatley

Not only would I take a huge pass on Heatley, but I'm not sure why the Wild would move him after just acquiring him, nor would I be willing to part with a guy like Girardi, who is underrated, on a great contract, home grown, has no locker room/attitude issues and is a nice part of the core. Would I be willing to part with Girardi at all? Yeah, but not for Danny Heatley who seems to be on the decline already and who seems to be a real schmuck.

Clowes Line 08-09-2011 09:53 PM

I think the ideal fit for this team is Rick Nash. Although with Jeff Carter in the mix now, don't see them trading him. What would it take to get Nash?