HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lets get Carkner (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=966789)

surf 08-10-2011 09:43 PM

Lets get Carkner

Wont cost much..Mean,nasty D-Man which we lack..Even if we only dressed him for 40 or so games..In games we need muscle;

Carkner
Rupp
Prust
Avery

Thats a nice line-up to bring into Philly,Pitts,Isles or Devs..

New York RKY 08-10-2011 09:44 PM

I don't really see a spot for him unless we plan on having Eminger be our full time 6th defensemen and having Carkner be the extra.

Clowes Line 08-10-2011 09:48 PM

we re-signed Eminger. Why the hell would we sign Carkner... I'm sick of signing guys for the sake of signing them.

Orr Nightmare 08-10-2011 09:52 PM

Would love that beast on my squad.

I think we have a Carkner in the making though...watch this link...he is in white.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmxpfXsJQzI

NyQuil 08-10-2011 09:54 PM

Carkner's great.

I had to eat a lot of crow because I didn't think he'd cut it as a bottom-pair defenceman in the NHL.

He'll throw down with anyone and can play a decent shift.

JeffMangum 08-10-2011 09:56 PM

Don't really need him.

If they hadn't re-signed Eminger, I think it would have been a solid acquisition, but where does he fit? He won't beat out Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, or Sauer. I don't think Tortorella would play him over Erixon unless Erixon was brutal, and I doubt he would be. That leaves the 6th spot, where he'll compete with Eminger, Del Zotto, and Valentenko.

Actually, after typing that out, I thought that he could be a solid addition during the season if whomever is playing in that 6th spot falters.

Screw You Rick Nash 08-10-2011 09:56 PM

I mean, it would be pretty awkward to have him on our team on our first home game or whenever we have the Boogaard memorial. He's the one who got into the fight with him that got him injured.

SwedishBullet62 08-10-2011 10:09 PM

lets not? really no need for him especially being that hes a defenseman

FutureGM97 08-10-2011 10:18 PM

No thanks. Got plenty of D and there are plenty of guys on this team who are going to stick up for each other. Prust, Boyle, Callahan, Dubinsky, Avery, Sauer, and Rupp as of right now are all people who have and can still drop the mitts. They may not be big heavyweights but they will stick up for teammates. Pass on Carkner.

surf 08-10-2011 10:21 PM

That was a good go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare (Post 35833737)

I think we have a Carkner in the making though...watch this link...he is in white.

Machinehead 08-10-2011 10:23 PM

I love Carkner, but as others have said, no room for him.

surf 08-10-2011 10:25 PM

Please folks lets not mention Boyle as one who fights..It screams im clueless..Do we really want Cally dropping the mitts?

JeffMangum 08-10-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surf (Post 35834743)
Please folks lets not mention Boyle as one who fights..It screams im clueless..Do we really want Cally dropping the mitts?

He does, though. Whether he's good or not (he's clearly not; his technique is horrendous) is irrelevant.

Machinehead 08-10-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surf (Post 35834743)

I think Boyle could beat alot of weaker to mid-strength fighters on sheer size/strength, but against a real fighter Boyle doesn't stand a chance.

nyr2k2 08-10-2011 10:30 PM

Staal-Girardi
Erixon-McDonagh
Del Zotto/Eminger-Sauer

I think the defense is going to look something like that to start the year. Some combination of those players. Maybe Erixon and Del Zotto as regulars with Eminger as the seventh. I don't really see the room for Carkner.

ruckus* 08-10-2011 10:51 PM

We're not really going to talk about Rangers players who fight that shouldn't without an Aaron Voros mention.....are we???

Darrelle Lundqvist 08-10-2011 11:02 PM

I really can't find a spot where he would fit on this team...

n8 08-10-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare (Post 35833737)

1) Carkner would have been great but we already signed Eminger
2) I don't think Ottawa let's him go as cheaply as you think. Fans there love him. Ottawa loves him. Good value. I could only see it happen if they have rookies pushing him off the depth chart which is a possibility but until that happens, I doubt it. They need that muscle.
3) Noreau fighting with a visor? very :shakehead

Kershaw 08-10-2011 11:46 PM

No need for Carkner. As mentioned, our 4th line is pretty tough.

Off topic but Noeau was fighting Hannay, I traded for Hannay in my NHL 11 and he's an 87 overall enforcer. :naughty:

Jxmarts 08-11-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 35836205)
1) Carkner would have been great but we already signed Eminger
2) I don't think Ottawa let's him go as cheaply as you think. Fans there love him. Ottawa loves him. Good value. I could only see it happen if they have rookies pushing him off the depth chart which is a possibility but until that happens, I doubt it. They need that muscle.
3) Noreau fighting with a visor? very :shakehead

They've changed the rules in junior hockey such that all players are required to wear visors. Then more recently they made it such that if you remove your helmet before a fight, it's a penalty. Noreau doesn't have a choice.

But I think you're right about Ottawa not letting go Carkner cheaply.

PromNite 08-11-2011 01:25 AM

Let's not.

Mint Berry Crunch 08-11-2011 01:35 AM

Nothx.

NYR Sting 08-11-2011 02:30 AM

I would prefer Carkner to Eminger, but what's done is done. I think Eminger is a 7th dman (or at least I hope he is). Del Zotto needs to stay in the A for a while, and Erixon and Valentenko need to be on the opening night roster.

Punxrocknyc19* 08-11-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jxmarts (Post 35838075)
They've changed the rules in junior hockey such that all players are required to wear visors. Then more recently they made it such that if you remove your helmet before a fight, it's a penalty. Noreau doesn't have a choice.

But I think you're right about Ottawa not letting go Carkner cheaply.

wow imagine if the NHL went to this route. that is a stupid rule.

x BEUKEBOOM x 08-11-2011 07:04 AM

Betts>Brashear
Boogaard>Carkner

Thas some bad Ju-Ju.:shakehead

Whats next replace Torts with Boudreau?