HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Line Combos: Rangers 1st Line LW (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=966975)

MacTruck 08-11-2011 09:44 AM

Rangers 1st Line LW
 
I remember seeing this last summer. I figured I'd start it off unless Inferno still wants to do it. He can take over if he wants just PM me.

Here's the idea. Once every morning, I'll post a poll that includes every option for a given positon. You guys vote on the player best suited for the role. Here it goes.

RANGERS BOARD VOTED LINEUP

FORWARDS

XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXXX

EXTRA F: XXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXX

DEFENSE

XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX

7TH DEFENSEMAN: XXXXXXXXXXX

GOALIES

HENRIK LUNDQVIST (100.0%) | MARTIN BIRON (100.0%)

poll will be posted shortly. Here we go!

EDIT-write in votes ARE ACCEPTED

Votes for:

Fedotenko-2
Christensen-1

Clowes Line 08-11-2011 09:46 AM

hey *******, what if we want Biron starting! :laugh:

MacTruck 08-11-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35842311)
hey *******, what if we want Biron starting! :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I just figured I'd fill that in :laugh:

Clowes Line 08-11-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust (Post 35842339)
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I just figured I'd fill that in :laugh:

Not COOL man! :laugh:

Poozer 08-11-2011 09:50 AM

I went with Wolski.

MacTruck 08-11-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35842373)
Not COOL man! :laugh:

I guess for you we can make that poll. I'll even throw in Chad Johnson as a candidate :sarcasm:

Darrelle Lundqvist 08-11-2011 09:55 AM

I voted for Wolski. I'd start him out with Richards and Gabby to see if he finds chemistry, but if he doesn't it can be Dubinsky's spot to take. However, I'm not sold on splitting up Dubi-Artie-Cally just yet.

NYR Viper 08-11-2011 09:59 AM

Write-in vote for Fedotenko

RGY 08-11-2011 10:00 AM

Unless Thomas surprises I think it starts with W2 at that spot. Dubi on the second line with AA and Cally.

Inferno 08-11-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust (Post 35842265)
I remember seeing this last summer. I figured I'd start it off unless Inferno still wants to do it. He can take over if he wants just PM me.

Here's the idea. Once every morning, I'll post a poll that includes every option for a given positon. You guys vote on the player best suited for the role. Here it goes.

RANGERS BOARD VOTED LINEUP

FORWARDS

XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXXX

EXTRA F: XXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXX

DEFENSE

XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXXXXX

7TH DEFENSEMAN: XXXXXXXXXXX

GOALIES

HENRIK LUNDQVIST (100.0%) | MARTIN BIRON (100.0%)

poll will be posted shortly. Here we go!

i was going to do it as soon as i finished the power ranking polls ;)

NYR Viper 08-11-2011 10:01 AM

Fedotenko/Rupp-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-MZA/Thomas/Weise
Fedotenko/Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Fedotenko and Rupp will both play with Gaborik and Richards and get about 12-15 minutes each a game.

They add a totally different dimension that that line that is needed.

MacTruck 08-11-2011 10:01 AM

**** I forgot Feds. Anyone know how to edit a poll because I can't figure it out

Inferno 08-11-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust (Post 35842609)
**** I forgot Feds. Anyone know how to edit a poll because I can't figure it out

i dont think u can, i think only a mod can...when i did em i put all possible options..like if you want to put AA there, you can....

RGY 08-11-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 (Post 35842589)
Fedotenko/Rupp-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-MZA/Thomas/Weise
Fedotenko/Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Fedotenko and Rupp will both play with Gaborik and Richards and get about 12-15 minutes each a game.

They add a totally different dimension that that line that is needed.

Huh? What dimension does Rupp add? The ability to fight and stand in front of the net on your top scoring line? I know it might be needed to have a guy who can grind it out for BR and Gabby but if that ends up being the case then at least put a guy with skill and better skating ability there AKA dubinsky.

Fedotenko I'd be alright with but I cant possibly see him playing there too long. Just not enough to be a 1st line player.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 08-11-2011 10:04 AM

Dubinsky as our 1LW.

That line will need someone who can forecheck and procure the puck. Wolski has the talent to play with Richards+Gabby, but he's not a puckhound. We need someone who can play in the gritty areas of the ice.

I like Wolski on our second line anyway. AA+Cally will open up the ice a bit for Wolski. Both are stellar defensively, so Wolski can really focus on providing some offensive creativity.

MacTruck 08-11-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 35842635)
i dont think u can, i think only a mod can...when i did em i put all possible options..like if you want to put AA there, you can....

Yeah, yeah, yeah it's my first day give me a break :sarcasm:

I will do it carefully next time :laugh:

MacTruck 08-11-2011 10:06 AM

Holy ****! Wolski with 10 votes, really?

kovazub94 08-11-2011 10:06 AM

1LW is for Wolski's to lose but I think he's going to fit in.

Clowes Line 08-11-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust (Post 35842473)
I guess for you we can make that poll. I'll even throw in Chad Johnson as a candidate :sarcasm:

Don't forget to add Jason Missiaen and Scott Stajcer :rant:

NYR Viper 08-11-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGY (Post 35842665)
Huh? What dimension does Rupp add? The ability to fight and stand in front of the net on your top scoring line? I know it might be needed to have a guy who can grind it out for BR and Gabby but if that ends up being the case then at least put a guy with skill and better skating ability there AKA dubinsky.

Fedotenko I'd be alright with but I cant possibly see him playing there too long. Just not enough to be a 1st line player.

Rupp is a VERY good forechecker. He played with Crosby on multiple occasions because of his speed, size and forechecking skills. He turns pucks over because of all of that. How do you capitalize on that? By allowing those turned over pucks to go to Gaborik or Richards.

He also isnt like Orr, or Brashear (Old version), the guy has some skills. Lines need someone who can do the dirty work and retrieve pucks. Rupp or Fedotenko. Leave the Pack line intact.

NYR Viper 08-11-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35842745)
Don't forget to add Jason Missiaen and Scott Stajcer :rant:

I want Tyson Dowzak!

MacTruck 08-11-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35842745)
Don't forget to add Jason Missiaen and Scott Stajcer :rant:

Hell, I'll even throw in the no goalie option :sarcasm: 6 skaters, Staal or Cally stays back :laugh:

mrhockey193195 08-11-2011 10:10 AM

I went with Wolski. I think he'll thrive playing with Gaborik and Richards.

RGY 08-11-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 (Post 35842749)
Rupp is a VERY good forechecker. He played with Crosby on multiple occasions because of his speed, size and forechecking skills. He turns pucks over because of all of that. How do you capitalize on that? By allowing those turned over pucks to go to Gaborik or Richards.

He also isnt like Orr, or Brashear (Old version), the guy has some skills. Lines need someone who can do the dirty work and retrieve pucks. Rupp or Fedotenko. Leave the Pack line intact.

I really dont want to touch the Pack line but I just dont see Rupp playing on the top line. I think Wolski gets the nod and then if not him Dubi and Feds would be ahead on the list of consideration before Rupp is. Even Avery imo.

Inferno 08-11-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust (Post 35842687)
Yeah, yeah, yeah it's my first day give me a break :sarcasm:

I will do it carefully next time :laugh:

:naughty:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.