HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Vancouver public appearance with Milan Lucic and the Stanley Cup cancelled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=967047)

Neely2005 08-11-2011 12:57 PM

Vancouver public appearance with Milan Lucic and the Stanley Cup cancelled

This is unfortunate for any NHL fans in Vancouver that wanted to see the Stanley Cup.

Quote:

Potential to bring hockey's holy grail to Kitsilano Beach Park for the weekend's popular sports festival, Kits Fest, were scuttled, according to an event organizer.

http://www.vancourier.com/sports/Joc...063/story.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp10466

Shanny 08-11-2011 12:59 PM

no surprise here. :shakehead

Scottrockztheworld* 08-11-2011 01:01 PM

Lets see how long this takes to become a pissing match/Troll fest.

Its a shame that the guy who won a Memorial Cup for the Giants can't bring the Stanley Cup home to show it off.... Gotta love a group of immature people making our city look bad AGAIN.

Adikt 08-11-2011 01:05 PM

Bummer. I missed it when the Chicago boys bring it back and now I miss another opportunity to see it with Lucic.

Claimed Off Waivers 08-11-2011 01:06 PM

Wow, that's low. Sucks for Vancouver Giants fans.

No Fun Shogun 08-11-2011 01:08 PM

You know what they say about haters....

Not unexpected, but really sad that there might've been morons that forced the cancellation of the event. If a Chicago-born player won the Cup against the Hawks, I'd certainly be slightly peeved when they brought it back to the city to celebrate, but you know how I'd show that resentment? By not going to the dude's event. You know.... like an adult. Dude won it and has every right and expectation to be able to celebrate it and spend the day with it as he sees fit.

SupremefartMachine 08-11-2011 01:10 PM

I'm not really not surprised, for the obvious reasons.

mikitas donut 08-11-2011 01:11 PM

Terrible.

I remember Brouwer brought the cup back to Vancouver without incident. But Chicago didn't play Vancouver in the final, so the feelings may not have been as strong.

BacklundtoBartschi* 08-11-2011 01:12 PM

Wow...

Magnifique 08-11-2011 01:12 PM

There's a shocker...

SupremefartMachine 08-11-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSoul (Post 35845545)
Lets see how long this takes to become a pissing match/Troll fest.

Its a shame that the guy who won a Memorial Cup for the Giants can't bring the Stanley Cup home to show it off.... Gotta love a group of immature people making our city look bad AGAIN.

And there's the first grenade thrown. :clap:

Banana Sandwiches 08-11-2011 01:14 PM

How are the people of Vancouver supposed to celebrate the Stanley Cup if Lucic doesn't bring it?!

TMI 08-11-2011 01:18 PM

So for the minority of immature folks in Vancouver I guess simply destroying other people's property for a night wasn't enough. It was two months ago. Those idiot kids need to get over it. As the poster above said, if you don't like it then don't go.

salty justice 08-11-2011 01:21 PM

That's not nearly as low as people vandalizing Milan Lucic's parent's house in Vancouver.

Jay Cee 08-11-2011 01:25 PM

Who cares? Who knows if Milan Lucic even cares.

chopkins 08-11-2011 01:25 PM

Got locked on the Canucks board so you post it here?

Pretty clear what you're trying to do. :laugh:

The Drunken Crunker 08-11-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine (Post 35845851)
And there's the first grenade thrown. :clap:

Come on now. I think the OP posted this for purely for trolling purposes; considering how it had already been posted on your board (only to be locked shortly after), and then on the Canucks board (where it was later locked as well). The motive here seems rather obvious to me. If I'm wrong I apologize, but right now I'm not buying it.

TMI 08-11-2011 01:27 PM

Um... guys. It hasn't gone the way of the dogs, yet, so why continue making comments like you're being trolled already? Don't you think that might spark the fire?

edit: nevermind, there are a couple of posts I didn't notice. Lock this thing quick

SupremefartMachine 08-11-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP (Post 35846207)
Got locked on the Canucks board so you post it here?

Pretty clear what you're trying to do. :laugh:

It's also on the Bruins board, and not locked. I guess Canucks fans couldn't even handle the article among themselves without any outside interference. :laugh:

unifiedtheory 08-11-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyatt4God (Post 35846191)
Who cares? Who knows if Milan Lucic even cares.

Every single Bruin fan in the Greater Vancouver area cares. I'm sure Looch would have loved to have shared the Cup with the Bruin fans in his home town as well.

Scottrockztheworld* 08-11-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salty justice (Post 35846105)
That's not nearly as low as people vandalizing Milan Lucic's parent's house in Vancouver.

Are you talking about a couple of years ago when his place got broken into & someone stole his Mem. Cup ring? Or are you suggesting people vandalized his parent's place after game 7? If its the latter then link please....

chopkins 08-11-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 35846293)
Um... guys. It hasn't gone the way of the dogs, yet, so why continue making comments like you're being trolled already? Don't you think that might spark the fire?

There's absolutely no reason to post this besides to villainize (is that a word) Canucks fans. He posted this yesterday on the Bruins/Canucks boards only to see one of them get locked. Now that the Nucks board is out of the question, might as well try out the main boards, right?

If this isn't a troll thread now, it will be in 10 minutes.

SupremefartMachine 08-11-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Drunken Crunker (Post 35846289)
Come on now. I think the OP posted this for purely for trolling purposes; considering how it had already been posted on your board (only to be locked shortly after), and then on the Canucks board (where it was later locked as well). The motive here seems rather obvious to me. If I'm wrong I apologize, but right now I'm not buying it.

No, it's pretty obvious, I agree. I was only pointing out that it's so obvious that pointing out what it's purpose is, is sort of casting the first stone.

Epsilon 08-11-2011 01:32 PM

Anyone think that if a Boston-born player won the World Series with the Yankees and then staged an event in Boston to celebrate it, that it would go over well?

Eamonn* 08-11-2011 01:33 PM

Damn I would have liked to see that. He used to play for my minor hockey team at the arena down the street from me :(.