HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Injury Report: Henrik Sedin hurts hip again? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=967731)

LiquidSnake 08-12-2011 02:48 PM

Henrik Sedin hurts hip again?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13455800.ab

Used google translator:

Quote:

Icebreakers drew full houses in Norrköping - but one of the biggest stars walked the audience bet on.
Henrik Sedin stayed home in Ornskoldsvik because of an injury that occurred in Wednesday Icebreakersmatch against birch leaves.
- He took the safe than sorry today, says twin brother Daniel Sedin.

He stayed at home. We played the game yesterday (4-0 victory against Björklöven) and then he got a little sore hip flexor, so he took it safe than sorry, says Daniel Sedin.
Was this another guy that the training staff said may not require surgery?

Biggest Canuck Fan 08-12-2011 02:52 PM

All those dives finally caught up to him...

Seriously though this is not cool. You think these guys would stay in better shape.

Crows* 08-12-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan (Post 35879013)
All those dives finally caught up to him...

Seriously though this is not cool. You think these guys would stay in better shape.

Nice joke..

canucksfan 08-12-2011 03:06 PM

If he needs surgery, best to get it done now rather than wait.

Biggest Canuck Fan 08-12-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crows (Post 35879249)
Nice joke..

I'm sorry, I know bad taste... it was just soooo bad in the playoffs especially. I just hope MG sits down with them and tells them to just fight through everything.

If he needs surgery Vancouver will be treading water for a bit I think to start the season before they get it going.

eklunds source 08-12-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Henrik Sedin stayed home in Ornskoldsvik because of an injury that occurred in Wednesday Icebreakersmatch against birch leaves
He was injured playing against birch leaves?! Somewhere in there is a Salo joke...

Crows* 08-12-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan (Post 35879751)
I'm sorry, I know bad taste... it was just soooo bad in the playoffs especially. I just hope MG sits down with them and tells them to just fight through everything.

If he needs surgery Vancouver will be treading water for a bit I think to start the season before they get it
going.

No ,I meant the part where you said they should keep in better shape.

Luck 6 08-12-2011 03:28 PM

Sedin-Hodgson-Samuelsson
Sturm-Higgins-Burrows
LaPierre-Malhotra-Hansen
Bitz-Bolduc-Oreskovich

Ladies and gentlemen, YOUR Vancouver Canucks!!!

y2kcanucks 08-12-2011 03:29 PM

Hodgson and Schroeder as our top 2 centers to start the season?

Biggest Canuck Fan 08-12-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crows (Post 35879853)
No ,I meant the part where you said they should keep in better shape.

Oh No I was serious in that alot of times these guys will play knowing there is an issue, but think it's no big deal, and then it turns into this.

So what I meant was, you feel something, you see the professional and work it out, not play until I pull something and really screw my team over.

Eddy Punch Clock 08-12-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan (Post 35879751)
If he needs surgery Vancouver will be treading water for a bit I think to start the season before they get it going.

Which is fine with me. It would take an epic meltdown for us not to finish in at least the top three in the conference. Get the surgery out of the way now and lets see who's hungry enough to get noticed while half of our top six are healing.

Horvat2Virtanen 08-12-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 35879989)
Hodgson and Schroeder as our top 2 centers to start the season?

:handclap: Imagine if they rip it up.

Tiranis 08-12-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan (Post 35880015)
Oh No I was serious in that alot of times these guys will play knowing there is an issue, but think it's no big deal, and then it turns into this.

So what I meant was, you feel something, you see the professional and work it out, not play until I pull something and really screw my team over.

If only everyone of them had your infinite wisdom. Some of the posts on these boards just make me go: :facepalm: :shakehead

David71 08-12-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 35879939)
Sedin-Hodgson-Samuelsson
Sturm-Higgins-Burrows
LaPierre-Malhotra-Hansen
Bitz-Bolduc-Oreskovich

Ladies and gentlemen, YOUR Vancouver Canucks!!!

there's no bolduc...:shakehead replace him with ebbett. oreo still isnt signed. nolan on 4th line. if that was the starting lineup... nucks would start slow out of the gate which is no surprise. but i wouldn't be surprised if they went on like a 6-7game losing streak and only managed 3 wins before kesler/hank comes back from injuries.

Jevo 08-12-2011 03:49 PM

So it's offseason huh? Are some people really screaming surgery over Henrik having muscle which is a little bit sore? If he wasn't playing those friendly matches, we wouldn't even hear about this and it would be a non issue.

y2kcanucks 08-12-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno Mars (Post 35880185)
:handclap: Imagine if they rip it up.

That would be amazing. Then when healthy:

Sedin-Sedin-Hodgson
Burrows-Schroeder-Kesler
Raymond-Malhotra-Samuelsson
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

JumpierPegasus 08-12-2011 03:57 PM

wtf is with all our players injured to start the year... That final took a toll

Let's hope that Schroeder and Hodgson get a chance to shine

LiquidSnake 08-12-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jevo (Post 35880393)
So it's offseason huh? Are some people really screaming surgery over Henrik having muscle which is a little bit sore? If he wasn't playing those friendly matches, we wouldn't even hear about this and it would be a non issue.

I'd say the problem here is that if this is october and he aggravates it, there's a problem.

I'd say they are a bit fortunate that this happened now.

whoshouse 08-12-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan (Post 35880015)

If he doesn't play in the playoffs people will chastise him for not being a good captain because he can't play through pain. If he plays through an injury and doesn't play well people will chastise him for not "bringing it" during the playoffs.

y2kcanucks 08-12-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jevo (Post 35880393)

If you have a small ache or pain:

http://nasim11computerartym.files.wo...2/chainsaw.jpg

Will help

Tim Calhoun 08-12-2011 04:15 PM

Henrik has an impressive iron-man streak going. I hope he doesn't lose it.

Hasn't he already beaten Morrison's record?

Biggest Canuck Fan 08-12-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiranis (Post 35880225)
If only everyone of them had your infinite wisdom. Some of the posts on these boards just make me go: :facepalm: :shakehead

It's not infinite wisdom... it's being responsible to the employer. And I understand you can't know about these things, but how many times do people push themselves to the brink?

I think a player owes the team a bit of a responsibility seeing as they pay them quite handsomely.

Jevo 08-12-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidSnake (Post 35880631)
I'd say the problem here is that if this is october and he aggravates it, there's a problem.

I'd say they are a bit fortunate that this happened now.

But this is not October and he's not aggravating it it seems. For all we know this just sounds like something that will go away with a few days rest and then he'll be 100% again.

Yammer 08-12-2011 04:26 PM

Surgical recovery = cap overage. Just saying.

Biggest Canuck Fan 08-12-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoshouse (Post 35880837)
If he doesn't play in the playoffs people will chastise him for not being a good captain because he can't play through pain. If he plays through an injury and doesn't play well people will chastise him for not "bringing it" during the playoffs.

C'mon man... I'm talkig off season training, not during playoffs. :shakehead