HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LW Charles Hudon (2012, 122nd overall, Montreal) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=967815)

Jabba11 08-12-2011 07:40 PM

LW Charles Hudon (2012, 122nd overall, Montreal)
 
Charles Simard-Hudon

Height: 173 cm / 5' 8"
Weight: 75 kg / 165 lbs
Shoots: left
Nationality: Canada
Birth date: 24.06.1994
Birth place: Boisbriand, Quebec, Canada

QMJHL rookie of the year and all-rookie team
Plays for Saguenéens of Chicoutmi

QMJHL
Season Team League GP G A P PIM +/-
2010-11 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL (Play-off) 4 0 3 3 4
2010-11 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL 63 23 37 60

National team

Season Team League GP G A P PIM +/-
2010-11 Canada WJC18 (U18) 7 0 1 1 2 -1
2010-11 Canada Ivan-Hlinka (U18) 5 5 4 9 0 +6

My guess, Hudon is going top 10 in the 2012 NHL draft. I will try to follow his season with Chicoutimi as much as possible, leading towards his draft. This kid is amazing and let alone his size, he would be considered already a top 10 pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f70ve5AZxL0

LaLaLaprise 08-12-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba11 (Post 35884283)
Charles Simard-Hudon



My guess, Hudon is going top 10 in the 2012 NHL draft. I will try to follow his season with Chicoutimi as much as possible, leading towards his draft. This kid is amazing and let alone his size, he would be considered already a top 10 pick.

He is 5'08 and is an average at best skater...he wont go top 10, thats just silly...and thats coming from one of his biggest fans.

Skylimit 08-12-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise (Post 35884779)
He is 5'08 and is an average at best skater...he wont go top 10, thats just silly...and thats coming from one of his biggest fans.

3rd round NHL at his best.

S E P H 08-12-2011 08:47 PM

Lol 5'8 in the top 10? If only he had Crosby's talent level.

Rumcajs 08-13-2011 01:44 AM

Could be the next Grimaldi esque wildcard. Jean Gabriel Pageau was taken in the 4th round in 2011 if that is somewhat of a benchmark.

nanzenkills 08-13-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba11 (Post 35884283)
Charles Simard-Hudon

Height: 173 cm / 5' 8"
Weight: 75 kg / 165 lbs
Shoots: left
Nationality: Canada
Birth date: 24.06.1994
Birth place: Boisbriand, Quebec, Canada

QMJHL rookie of the year and all-rookie team
Plays for Saguenéens of Chicoutmi

QMJHL
Season Team League GP G A P PIM +/-
2010-11 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL (Play-off) 4 0 3 3 4
2010-11 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL 63 23 37 60

National team

Season Team League GP G A P PIM +/-
2010-11 Canada WJC18 (U18) 7 0 1 1 2 -1
*2010-11 Canada Ivan-Hlinka (U18) 3 2 3 5 0 +3

*Scored 2 goals and 1 assist in the semifinals against Russia, and no statistics yet of the Gold medal game against Sweden.

My guess, Hudon is going top 10 in the 2012 NHL draft. I will try to follow his season with Chicoutimi as much as possible, leading towards his draft. This kid is amazing and let alone his size, he would be considered already a top 10 pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f70ve5AZxL0

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise (Post 35884779)
He is 5'08 and is an average at best skater...he wont go top 10, thats just silly...and thats coming from one of his biggest fans.

I agree, if he's an average skater, there's no way he goes top 10 at 5'8". Probably the bottom half of the second round at best, if that's the case.

buffaloburger 08-13-2011 02:54 PM

Agree with above post. Will likely go bottom 2nd or top 3rd round. He will still grow a bit I am assuming...its a new NHL guys.

JeromeHP 08-13-2011 03:00 PM

he's heck of a talent but top10 hell no. if Grimaldi couldn't get a sniff in the first round Hudon won't either. Likely mid 2nd round pick. He's going to be a threat to watch him in the Q this year. wouldnt be surprised if he's close to 100pts at the end of the year

Hanji 08-13-2011 03:09 PM

Small and average skating? Yikes, that's a poor mixture. Who would you compare him to? Jiri Hudler? Hudler was very dominant at junior age.

R S 08-13-2011 05:14 PM

I agree that top 10 is not a very good guess considering his size.

Jabba11 08-13-2011 06:18 PM

Meh..I exagerated a little bit too much with the top 10. But we never know. He could have an excellent season scoring near 100 pts and having a growth spurt..maybe then he'll be a top 10 candidate. But, I really think he is 1st round material. Remember, Rocco Grimaldi is 5ft6..2 inches shorter than Hudon and Hudon is playing a full major junior schedule. If Jordan Schroeder was picked 22nd overall, Hudon can go higher than him IMO. He had an excellent rookie year as a 16-17 years old in the Q. Top 15 is possible to me.

The Dayvan Cowboy 08-13-2011 07:17 PM

What about a 5'8 player who put up 37 points in the Q is supposed to scream top ten pick?

Revo 08-13-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy (Post 35904009)
What about a 5'8 player who put up 37 points in the Q is supposed to scream top ten pick?

He had 60 points, 37 was his assists' number.

SergeConstantin74 08-13-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy (Post 35904009)
What about a 5'8 player who put up 37 points in the Q is supposed to scream top ten pick?

He was CHL's second best 16 yo last season behind Galchenyuk.

R S 08-13-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 35906973)
He was CHL's second best 16 yo last season behind Galchenyuk.

According to whom?

SergeConstantin74 08-13-2011 10:30 PM

Forgot to add, in points.

R S 08-13-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 35907305)
Forgot to add, in points.

Ahh, I see. That makes sense.

HabLover 08-13-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 35906973)
He was CHL's second best 16 yo last season behind Galchenyuk.

He outscored Hudon by 8 goals wow

and Hudon lit him up at the Hlinka :yo:

habsrule4eva3089 09-22-2011 02:37 PM

By the way he's not 5'8 anymore...
Listed at 5'10, 171 pounds.
Who knows kid might grow some more, and he should reach near or eclipse the 100 point mark this season. I wouldn't be surprised if the Canadiens reach out and grab him if they have a late first round or early second round pick. Talented player no doubt, might be a steal in this coming draft.

dean youngblood82 09-22-2011 05:56 PM

Hudon's size is going to hold him back from going top 10 unless he grows a bit. The kid plays with a ton of energy and is extremely creative but I really doubt he goes top 10.

I have read some scouting reports that have him 18th (which is the highest I have seen to date). Late first round or second round is my best guess. I doubt he falls to the third round though - slim chance iMO.

SergeConstantin74 09-22-2011 06:10 PM

Later than mid-draft he'll be a steal...

habsrule4eva3089 10-13-2011 03:28 PM

He's been injured, anyone know the extent of the injury and how much time he'll miss...sounded serious from the article I read...hopefully won't be out for long, he was on a tear.

Jason MacIsaac 10-14-2011 09:37 PM

Hudon really needs to work on his skating if he truly wants to be an elite prospect and make it in the NHL as a top 6 forward. Players like Jiri Hudler who have more skill have trouble at the NHL level.

LaLaLaprise 10-15-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 (Post 37860229)
He's been injured, anyone know the extent of the injury and how much time he'll miss...sounded serious from the article I read...hopefully won't be out for long, he was on a tear.

He did the splits on the ice (slipped) and pulled a groin...out a month.

SergeConstantin74 10-15-2011 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise (Post 37933909)
He did the splits on the ice (slipped) and pulled a groin...out a month.

Both groins!

Last time I heard (Wednesday), he's supposed to be back in 2-3 weeks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.