HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The need for Lucic (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=968687)

surf 08-14-2011 08:42 PM

The need for Lucic

Am I the only one here who would give up Staal for Lucic? Something like;

To Boston Staal

to

NYR's Lucic and either a # 2nd or 3rd rounder coming back.

You have to give to get and we are stacked with promising young D.

Dagoon44 08-14-2011 08:44 PM

Listen no one loves tough hockey more then me but huge over payment here. Girardi and Zucc maybe

Barnaby 08-14-2011 08:44 PM

I love Lucic... but no way in hell.

surf 08-14-2011 08:48 PM

I do..Boston laughs at your face with that offer..They have no reason to trade him so you have to overpay..I see Lucic as scoring 30 for the next 10 years and being a top LHW..I would love him in blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 35927985)
Listen no one loves tough hockey more then me but huge over payment here. Girardi and Zucc maybe

useref15 08-14-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surf (Post 35928139)
I do..Boston laughs at your face with that offer..They have no reason to trade him so you have to overpay..I see Lucic as scoring 30 for the next 10 years and being a top LHW..I would love him in blue.

blasphemy. I doubt he ever hits 30 goals again, honestly.

free0717 08-14-2011 08:52 PM

Lucic is a great power forward with a mean streak that cant be matched. But Marc Staal is a great defensive Dman in his own right.

Each player is better for there team

surf 08-14-2011 08:58 PM

Listen I know hardly anyone will agree with me..Lucic and a second I jump at.

DrSutton* 08-14-2011 08:59 PM

I'm just checking - this is a serious thread? You want to trade our number 1 defenseman? For Lucic?
You're drunk right?

RangerFan10 08-14-2011 09:02 PM

Lucic is overrated. Would cost much more than he is worth to get.

Darrelle Lundqvist 08-14-2011 09:08 PM

Lucic is good. But he's no were near being worth our #1 defenseman

That Stepan Guy 08-14-2011 09:18 PM

No, I wouldn't do this now. As of now, Staal is our number one defenseman, we don't trade our number one defenseman for a left wing. The team's offensive output would be better, but the defense would have difficulty shutting down top offensive players. This would be a lateral move defensively. There are many options out there in next year's free agent class and we have yet to see what Woslki can do. Lucic isn't something the team most definitely needs, especially if Staal needs to go to bring him in.

DutchShamrock 08-14-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surf (Post 35928537)
Listen I know hardly anyone will agree with me..Lucic and a second I jump at.

I agree, but I still hesitate in making the deal. I just think that Boston laughs in your face. I mean, something coming back from Boston? Just be happy this wasn't posted on the main board.

This deal just doesn't suit either team. Spinning tires.

Bleed Ranger Blue 08-14-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchShamrock (Post 35929365)
I agree, but I still hesitate in making the deal. I just think that Boston laughs in your face. I mean, something coming back from Boston? Just be happy this wasn't posted on the main board.

This deal just doesn't suit either team. Spinning tires.

Wait, you think Boston would turn this down?

A team that just won the Stanley Cup on defense and goaltending wouldnt be willing to add one of the best defensive defensemen in the league to supplement Chara by parting with the overrated Lucic?

Zuccarello Awesome* 08-14-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 35927985)

The same Zucc who you continuously bash and tell us has no future with the Rangers? Now he suddenly has trade value? Bafoon44, imo.

I'm one of the few here who would consider moving Staal for the right return, but Lucic is not it. I'd LOVE to get Lucic, but Boston isn't moving him unless it's for a totally retarded return, not even for Staal. They just don't need Staal as much as they need Lucic.

I'd only move Staal for someone like Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash. Very very few players I'd even consider moving him for. I've seen much worse proposals, but it just doesn't seem like either team would do this right now.

MSG the place to be* 08-14-2011 09:44 PM

I love how a second or third round pick sways people one way or the other.

JeffMangum 08-14-2011 09:46 PM

Moving Staal for Lucic makes the Rangers a significantly worse hockey team.

I get that Lucic is big, tough, and has a good shot, but he really isn't all that effective on most shifts. He's extremely streaky, is a bad skater, and handles the puck like a grenade.

He's a good complimentary winger, but, honestly, I'd rather have a player of Wolski's ilk on the 2nd line than Lucic. I'm not saying I would rather have Wolski than Lucic (I wouldn't, I've made that clear), but I think a player with as much offensive skill as the former has is a better fit with Anisimov/Callahan next season than a 'crash and bang' type in Lucic.

Especially when the team already has a better version in Brandon Dubinsky on the top line.

RangerFan10 08-14-2011 09:47 PM

I could swallow trading Staal for Ryan. Ryan-Richards-Gaborik; Dubinsky-Anisimov/Stepan-Callahan...whew.

nyr2k2 08-14-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Who cares if they laugh? We have no reason to trade Staal.

donpaulo 08-14-2011 09:55 PM

doubt boston trades lucic for staal straight up let alone for extra picks.

not that its a game changer but Milan has a crooked back

I prefer to keep Staal since NY is built on a shutdown defense and trading staal shatters that plan in a million pieces

Machinehead 08-14-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surf (Post 35927891)
Am I the only one here who would give up Staal for Lucic? Something like;

To Boston Staal

to

NYR's Lucic and either a # 2nd or 3rd rounder coming back.

You have to give to get and we are stacked with promising young D.

Without Staal, no we aren't. How is our D still stacked without it's centerpiece? That's like saying our offense is stacked without Richards or Gaborik, or like saying a bullpen is stacked without it's closer.

Brian Boyle 08-14-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Trading Girardi for Lucic would be a real dumb deal on our end.

The problem is you have an inflated opinion of Lucic. He won't average close to 30 goals the next 10 years, and he's not a top line winger.

MSG the place to be* 08-14-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 35930789)
Without Staal, no we aren't. How is our D still stacked without it's centerpiece? That's like saying our offense is stacked without Richards or Gaborik, or like saying a bullpen is stacked without it's closer.

I don't know about stacked but it would certainly be better without Gaborik. Still not elite though.

White Plains Batman 08-14-2011 10:22 PM

Not to be a you know what but this thread needs to be closed; there's zero chance Lucic is on the trade market and zero chance Staal goes the other way.

Maybe in like 4 years if he has a contract issue; but again, whose to say Andrew Yogan or Jason Wilson doesn't become Lucic anyways.

I'd much prefer an Anze Kopitar for Blake Parlett trade myself.

Machinehead 08-14-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG the place to be (Post 35931243)
I don't know about stacked but it would certainly be better without Gaborik. Still not elite though.

How exactly does an offense get better by subtracting an 80 point player?

NYR Sting 08-14-2011 10:33 PM

Lucic = overrated. Trade proposal = makes zero sense for either team.