HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Uncle Stan spoke with Torts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=969243)

RangerBoy 08-15-2011 10:19 PM

Uncle Stan spoke with Torts

Uncle Stan spoke to Torts. They spoke again this time last summer. First of a two part series.

Quote:

"Richie not only is a skilled center," enthused Torts, "but now we have a veteran -- a Cup-winner -- to mentor some of our kids. Brad is a winner."

No question, Brad will open the season on a line with Gaborik who should make beautiful music with Richards' orchestrated goal-labeled passes.

Tortorella: "We're hoping that that (Richards-Gaborik chemistry) will happen but you never know. The thing is that the two of them will get the opportunity to show what they can do as a unit right away. It's no secret that we were missing that Number One center; someone who can help Gabby.

"Not only that but Richie is one of the best power-play point men who understands all facets of the game. He respects the game -- including its history -- and will bring that intangible to our dressing room in a nice quiet way."

http://www.msg.com/blogs/stan-fischl...part-1-1.71772

Part 2 will deal with individual players.

Inferno 08-16-2011 01:00 AM

i can not stand Stan Fischler....everytime he comes on the screen i thank science for my DVR and fast forward him.

Bob Richards 08-16-2011 01:21 AM

Oh Stan.....This is the same guy who explained that the only way to win a hockey game was to score more goals than the other team.

Bleed Ranger Blue 08-16-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 35961265)
i can not stand Stan Fischler....everytime he comes on the screen i thank science for my DVR and fast forward him.

Hated him ever since I started watching hockey. He is the definition of a shill. I vividly remember him on Sportschannel Islanders broadcasts going out of his way to absolutely roast the Rangers every chance he got. Now that MSG signs his paychecks, hes been the Rangers biggest cheerleader. The only times he sounds semi-knowledgable about the game these days is when hes talking about something from 1958.

Loffen 08-16-2011 09:03 AM

The entire MSG Broadcast needs an overhaul.

Levitate 08-16-2011 09:09 AM

Stan's biggest problem these days is that all he has is a schtick and he sticks to it. Maybe once he had good insights and analysis, but now he just comes up with something "clever" to say about the game, sticks to it, and makes some wild predictions about players/the Rangers/etc just for the hell of it.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-16-2011 09:31 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Stan is misused by MSG. He's not an analyst. He's not an insider. He's not an interviewer.

He should be used the way SNY uses Ralph Kiner — as a character and an old-timer.

turcotte8 08-16-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 35965443)
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Stan is misused by MSG. He's not an analyst. He's not an insider. He's not an interviewer.

He should be used the way SNY uses Ralph Kiner as a character and an old-timer.

Or even better, don't use him at all.

Blueshirt Special 08-16-2011 10:14 AM

Classic Fisch: The Rangers are a Jagr-naut!! LMAO!

Yes, he said that.

ogie 08-16-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffen (Post 35965117)

first step ... insert hot chick.

kennglin13 08-16-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogie (Post 35966723)

Second stop, never allow John Giannone to broadcast a hockey game

wolfgaze 08-16-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turcotte8 (Post 35965839)
Or even better, don't use him at all.

Agreed.... Fischler is a pompous shmuck.

Loffen 08-16-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogie (Post 35966723)

And then remove: Trautwig, Fischler, Pidto and Gianonne. Get in some former players instead of those bozos.

Clowes Line 08-16-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Excuseeeee me, but Sammy is here to stay!

NYR Viper 08-16-2011 11:32 AM

First Step:

Get Don Freaking Cherry to video conference in for every game.

Game. Set. Match.

RangerBoy 08-16-2011 11:47 AM

Part 2 should be posted in the near future. Individual player assessments.

When Sports Channel(covered the Islanders and owned by Cablevision) wasn't associated with MSG,Fischler would destroy the Rangers. When Cablevision and ITT bought the Garden assets from Viacom,Fischler become Mr. I love the Rangers.

Loffen 08-16-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35967505)

Excluding Sam is a given, bud.

gotmonte 08-16-2011 12:08 PM

I remember when the Rangers got Fleury Stan said "the rangers will win the Cup this year guaranteed"

Then when we got Gomez, "The Rangers are going to win the Cup this Year, Guaranteed" lol

this guys is a tool

wolfgaze 08-16-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmonte (Post 35968235)
I remember when the Rangers got Fleury Stan said "the rangers will win the Cup this year guaranteed"

Then when we got Gomez, "The Rangers are going to win the Cup this Year, Guaranteed" lol

this guys is a tool

He says whatever it takes to be "sensational" regardless of how moronic it makes him look... For someone who's been around the game as long as he has, he sure blows at providing insightful analysis.... It's baffling that he's still employed... I don't see how anyone could objectively look at his work, and believe that he's doing a good job, at whatever it is they pay him to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffen (Post 35967469)
And then remove: Trautwig, Fischler, Pidto and Gianonne. Get in some former players instead of those bozos.

I like Trautwig, but don't care for the other 3.

Barnaby 08-16-2011 12:30 PM

Stan was probably great at one point... I don't remember it, but maybe 20 or so years ago... I've had enough - he's doesn't have great insights - nor is he funny.

KEEP Rosen. I'd replace Michaletti if I could, but I wouldn't force it - you could do worse. Keep Trautwig - he isn't great, but he's a voice of the team.

Can't JD get fired from STL already????

Clowes Line 08-16-2011 12:51 PM

Replace Michelletti with Maloney. Done and done

Drewbackatu* 08-16-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

You hit the nail right on the head. They should dump Al "the sports archaeologist" Trautwig for starters;
we can also do without the other corporate buffoon John Giannone and Joe Miccheletti's spins and shtick is wearing thin. Dave Maloney is probably the only one I would consider keeping.

Riche16 08-16-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 35967505)

Except for when there's an NFL game being played

Grumpy Humphrey 08-16-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 35967839)
Part 2 should be posted in the near future. Individual player assessments.

Will they have awesome nicknames like last year? Brian "Blimp" Boyle and Brandon "Bop Bop" Prust? Oh please oh please oh please

Thordic 08-16-2011 02:08 PM

Pidto was a solid pickup, he has a good background across the board in sports. He gives MSG a little more credibility when they do their sports shows.