HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Yemelin Hits Habs Ice (video!) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=970659)

Andy 08-18-2011 04:02 PM

Yemelin Hits Habs Ice (video!)
 
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...d=68&id=121982

Also will wear 74!

Also one of Alain Berger, who's skating looks like it needs work.

VanNistelrooy 08-18-2011 04:05 PM

We saw a couple of times Lars Eller, which means he is back on the ice, which is also a good news.

Zaide 08-18-2011 04:05 PM

Wasn't it already known that Berger's weakness was his skating ? I really hope he can improves it.

Marc the Habs Fan 08-18-2011 04:06 PM

Very cool.

His spot in the locker room is also telling.

Andy 08-18-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaide (Post 36025965)
Wasn't it already known that Berger's weakness was his skating ? I really hope he can improves it.

Yup, but we get to see it first hand here.

I also checked out the highlight video of Yemelin along with the one on Habs ice...he's a pretty fluid skater...let's hope he develops well.

Clumsyhab 08-18-2011 04:08 PM

Pff.. that's not Yemelin. He's still in the KHL and will be here in 2 years.

JGRB 08-18-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 36026005)
Yup, but we get to see it first hand here.

I also checked out the highlight video of Yemelin along with the one on Habs ice...he's a pretty fluid skater...let's hope he develops well.

Was my initial impression as well.

We could use more mobile bodies like that on the back end so hopefully he pans out like you said.

Andy 08-18-2011 04:09 PM

Leblanc is also on the ice with Eller.

Andy 08-18-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 36026073)
Was my initial impression as well.

We could use more mobile bodies like that on the back end so hopefully he pans out like you said.

We'll finally have two good skating defensemen if he pans out.

Our biggest weakness is mobility and footspeed on the back end. Hopefully Weber can steal Spacek's spot by the end so that our D can even more mobile...but I think having Spacek stealing Spacek's spot...i.e having Spacek playing well will be extremely beneficial.

The Kremelin Wall* 08-18-2011 04:31 PM

All we see is him skating and I'm excited as heck to see him play now.

overlords 08-18-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 36026159)
We'll finally have two good skating defensemen if he pans out.

Our biggest weakness is mobility and footspeed on the back end. Hopefully Weber can steal Spacek's spot by the end so that our D can even more mobile...but I think having Spacek stealing Spacek's spot...i.e having Spacek playing well will be extremely beneficial.

Definitely agree that we need more mobility. The only guy beating enemy forwards to the puck was subban.

Dwight 08-18-2011 04:43 PM

At first glance, he looked like Pouliot. I vietnam'd

overlords 08-18-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 36027307)
At first glance, he looked like Pouliot. I vietnam'd

I was going to say the same thing! Wow, i thought I'd get laughed at for making the comparison :laugh:

Protest the Hero 08-18-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 36027307)
At first glance, he looked like Pouliot. I vietnam'd

I thought so too, hopefully he has a solid year with Hamilton.

Excited about Yemelin.

David_99 08-18-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 36027307)
At first glance, he looked like Pouliot. I vietnam'd

Haha same here.

Skarjak 08-18-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 36027307)
At first glance, he looked like Pouliot. I vietnam'd

Maybe it's just me, but Berger looks like an asparagus out there. Definitely worse than Pouliot in this regard. From the looks of it, he could put on a bit of weight.

Forsead 08-18-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 36027171)
Definitely agree that we need more mobility. The only guy beating enemy forwards to the puck was subban.

Well it was normal since our two others good skating guys last season were injuried (Markov and Gorges).

JeromeHP 08-18-2011 05:47 PM

Been waiting for this since 2006 lol

Vanek20 08-18-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 36027307)
At first glance, he looked like Pouliot. I vietnam'd

At first glance, he looked like Sergei Kostitsyn.

Forsead 08-18-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain G (Post 36029567)
At first glance, he looked like Sergei Kostitsyn.

They were talking about Berger I think.

Vanek20 08-18-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forsead (Post 36029675)
They were talking about Berger I think.

Oh lol, my bad.

Vasculio 08-18-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKOTW (Post 36026887)
All we see is him skating and I'm excited as heck to see him play now.

Damn right, I hate this time of the year, temperature is awesome, everything is great, but hockey is near, but not near enough ! Can't wait, and those little bit of news just adds to the excitement... I got no life :laugh::help:

compile 08-18-2011 06:09 PM

Can someone post an iPhone friendly video. Wife is using the desktop so I can't see it. :(

MooseOllini 08-18-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 36025981)
Very cool.

His spot in the locker room is also telling.


Between Subban and Markov in the locker room. Could not ask for a better spot :)

Subban: Alexxxx, my boy!! *triple low five with Price who passes by* Ate spaghetti earlier... so delishhh! oh wait! Do you know what spaghetti is XD ? you guys eat that in Russia? It's like pasta and tomatoe sauce... blablabla
Yemelin to Markov: Он всегда так?
Markov: Да. Теперь положите ваши коньки на товарища

Ana Crusis 08-18-2011 06:18 PM

Im a bit surprised to see this guy is already a lock when he hasnt played 1 minute in the nhl yet. Sends a nice message to all the other players who will be battling for a spot .


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.