HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Lecavlier to MTL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=971955)

A91 08-21-2011 03:36 AM

Lecavlier to MTL
 
Plekanec and Pacioretty. Maybe a pick..? Idk too much about either team soo fix it if its too terrible.

BadHammy* 08-21-2011 03:38 AM

Lecavalier to Montreal? I've never heard that one before...

A91 08-21-2011 03:45 AM

Aha funny !..

Montreal was a goal away from beating the eventual cup winners. Adding a guy like lecavlier would make them a top contender in the east

Cogburn 08-21-2011 03:47 AM

It begins again...

Tampa was in that race too...why would they trade their franchise player?

TyBOZAK* 08-21-2011 03:49 AM

MTL would only take his contract if Gomez was going to Tampa Bay, and no one wants him.

A91 08-21-2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogburn (Post 36086791)
It begins again...

Tampa was in that race too...why would they trade their franchise player?


I dont think hes there franchise player anymore with stamkos and st louis there. And Hedman looks pretty solid

The Kremelin Wall* 08-21-2011 03:53 AM

Plekanec AND Pacioretty? I wouldn't trade Plekanec straight up for modern-day Lecavalier.

Vasilevskiy 08-21-2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKOTW (Post 36086823)
Plekanec AND Pacioretty? I wouldn't trade Plekanec straight up for modern-day Lecavalier.

Modern-day Lecavalier is way better than Plekanec

RC51 08-21-2011 05:23 AM

Vinny's contract is what stops me from wanting him.
Right now he still produces enough to deserve that pay cheque.
But with 8 more years to go, every year he gets older and it's harder to keep producing 100 points per year. Right now Tampa is getting a good return for the 7.5 mil per cap hit. so watch what happens when Vinny slows down, Tampa will want to dump that cap hit fast. So the question is how many more years at 100 points per?? OH WAIT, he is NOT producing 100 point anymore right now and has not in 5 years.
My God, he is already hurting Tampa at his price and he has 8 more years to go!!!!!! WOW just WOW.
No wonder some Tampa fans want to DUMP him and his contract and ask for an overpayment because of Vinny's Name.

Well good luck with that.

tony d 08-21-2011 05:48 AM

I'm thinking it would cost Montreal Subban, Plekanec. Louis Leblanc and a 1st. Lecavalier was playing great hockey last year. Looks like he could be back to his old self.

Canuckfan4Life2 08-21-2011 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hall04 (Post 36086783)
Aha funny !..

Montreal was a goal away from beating the eventual cup winners. Adding a guy like lecavlier would make them a top contender in the east

Yeah but going off the proposal you lose Plekanec

newham89 08-21-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 36087105)
Vinny's contract is what stops me from wanting him.
Right now he still produces enough to deserve that pay cheque.
But with 8 more years to go, every year he gets older and it's harder to keep producing 100 points per year. Right now Tampa is getting a good return for the 7.5 mil per cap hit. so watch what happens when Vinny slows down, Tampa will want to dump that cap hit fast. So the question is how many more years at 100 points per?? OH WAIT, he is NOT producing 100 point anymore right now and has not in 5 years.
My God, he is already hurting Tampa at his price and he has 8 more years to go!!!!!! WOW just WOW.
No wonder some Tampa fans want to DUMP him and his contract and ask for an overpayment because of Vinny's Name.

Well good luck with that.

Well Tampa have plenty of cap space, no desire to trade him AT ALL and are already a much better team than Montreal, so how exactly is he hurting the team?

Also, I've hardly seen any Tampa fans wanting him gone.

HabsDood 08-21-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newham89 (Post 36087249)
Well Tampa have plenty of cap space, no desire to trade him AT ALL and are already a much better team than Montreal, so how exactly is he hurting the team?

Also, I've hardly seen any Tampa fans wanting him gone.



I don't think so.. Anyway, you keep him and we'll keep our players ;)

The Kremelin Wall* 08-21-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony d (Post 36087189)
I'm thinking it would cost Montreal Subban, Plekanec. Louis Leblanc and a 1st. Lecavalier was playing great hockey last year. Looks like he could be back to his old self.

Vinny couldn't fetch any of those pieces with his cap hit and term. The only way Vinnie could be traded is for equally significantly bad cap hits. Like Vinny for Gomez, which saves Tampa six years worth of bad underachieving.

Sundinisagod 08-21-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony d (Post 36087189)
I'm thinking it would cost Montreal Subban, Plekanec. Louis Leblanc and a 1st. Lecavalier was playing great hockey last year. Looks like he could be back to his old self.

Way too much for a guy who "Looks like he could be back to his old self." I'd start by substituting Subban with Gomez...

paragon 08-21-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 36087105)
Vinny's contract is what stops me from wanting him.
Right now he still produces enough to deserve that pay cheque.
But with 8 more years to go, every year he gets older and it's harder to keep producing 100 points per year. Right now Tampa is getting a good return for the 7.5 mil per cap hit. so watch what happens when Vinny slows down, Tampa will want to dump that cap hit fast. So the question is how many more years at 100 points per?? OH WAIT, he is NOT producing 100 point anymore right now and has not in 5 years.
My God, he is already hurting Tampa at his price and he has 8 more years to go!!!!!! WOW just WOW.
No wonder some Tampa fans want to DUMP him and his contract and ask for an overpayment because of Vinny's Name.

Well good luck with that.

I agree.

While fantasy GMs in HFboards don't care about the money, GMs and owners do. Vinny makes 58.5M during the next 6 years, which makes him the most overpaid player in the league (Redden doesn't count). Only Rangers and Maple leafs can afford to waste so much owners money.

10M per year is insane amount of money for a guy who already has trouble reaching 70 points while playing with some of the most dynamic offensive players in the league. Playing in Martin's system in Montreal, he'd have hard time reaching 60 points. Just imagine what the media and fans would do to him?

When he reaches the point when he is no longer massively overpaid, his cap hit becomes the issue, except for teams trying to reach the cap floor.

And as if all of this wasn't enough, the guy has NMC, which means even the rich teams are unable to bury him in the minors or trade him to a team trying to reach the cap floor. All of this combined makes Lecavaliers contract the worst contract in the NHL. Completely untradable. It's a good thing he has sentimental value for Tampa Bay, because that's all the value he is going to have in few years.

Besides why would he even want to leave Tampa? Florida has no income tax. Not to mention Tampa is one of the better teams in the league, certainly better than Montreal. He has a good chance to win another cup there. And when his career is over, have his number retired.

jerrywally23* 08-21-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hall04 (Post 36086723)
Plekanec and Pacioretty. Maybe a pick..? Idk too much about either team soo fix it if its too terrible.

Lecavalier to Montreal. Oh the Classics!!!!

BLONG7 08-21-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viktors89 (Post 36087063)
Modern-day Lecavalier is way better than Plekanec

99% of Habs fans would disagree...

Rschmitz 08-21-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7 (Post 36088743)
99% of Habs fans would disagree...

But 100% of Lightning fans would agree. God I love statistics.

Anyways, I'd be asking for an insane package for Lecavalier right now. He played phenomenal hockey from the all-star break on, a cup contending team doesn't deal that away for pieces.

OG Kuch 08-21-2011 09:44 AM

I think I'd rather have Gomez and Spacek.

shello 08-21-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hall04 (Post 36086807)
I dont think hes there franchise player anymore with stamkos and st louis there. And Hedman looks pretty solid

He's still one of their franchise players. Without Vinny Tampa would have a hole at centre. Also the way he played in the playoffs Tampa is in no hurry to trade him.

ShootIt 08-21-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newham89 (Post 36087249)
Well Tampa have plenty of cap space, no desire to trade him AT ALL and are already a much better team than Montreal, so how exactly is he hurting the team?

Also, I've hardly seen any Tampa fans wanting him gone.

I was going to say that too. I have not seen a Tampa Bay fan make a Lecaviler to MTL thread. It's either been a MTL fan or a fan of another team.

X0X0A0 08-21-2011 09:56 AM

Once again it's a non Lightning fan trying to trade Lecavalier. Even if we wanted to trade Lecavalier which we don't he would have to waive his NMC which is very unlikely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hall04 (Post 36086807)
I dont think hes there franchise player anymore with stamkos and st louis there. And Hedman looks pretty solid

Depending on how you define "Franchise Player" Lecavalier is more of a franchise player than Stamkos or St. Louis will ever be.

Miller Time 08-21-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rschmitz (Post 36088805)
But 100% of Lightning fans would agree. God I love statistics.

Anyways, I'd be asking for an insane package for Lecavalier right now. He played phenomenal hockey from the all-star break on, a cup contending team doesn't deal that away for pieces.

One that is hemorrhaging money, despite a deep playoff run, absolutely does... Heck, Tampa already did that shortly after winning a cup.

I'd agree that lecavalier, when on his "A" game, is better than Plekanec, but...
- vinny has only sporadically been even close to that the past few seasons, has struggled with injuries and is not getting any younger

- the contracts and the cap system make Plekanec a FAR better asset, it's not even close


Gomez for lecavalier I might still consider (and before bolt fan goes ape ****, let's see what happens next offseason when the $$ losses keep piling up, and Stevie Y's roster budget takes a hit with Hedman/Downie/Tyrell all needing raises and a #1 goalie needing a contract... Gomez's cap hit-to-salary diff will make him hugely appealing to a club like TB)...

Pleks for Vinny... No way in hell!

X0X0A0 08-21-2011 10:05 AM

Ooh, a hemorrhaging money reference.

EDIT: HAHA I totally missed Dana Tyrell's raise. Vinik may have to sell his piece to the Red Sox to afford Tyrell.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.