HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   HF Habs Board Census #1: Mascouche edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=971989)

Coldplay 08-21-2011 10:42 AM

HF Habs Board Census #1: Mascouche edition
 
Copying this idea from the Leafs board (don't ask). Bored.

I tried to condense as many as I could, but there's only 15 poll options allowed, so forgive any grouping with other boroughs/neighbourhoods you may or may not like. :D

Poll's up.

Sports1131 08-21-2011 10:46 AM

Born in Montreal but currently live in Boston (:help:)

Coldplay 08-21-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports1131 (Post 36088823)
Born in Montreal but currently live in Boston (:help:)

Ouch, do you get heckled? :laugh:

Born in Montreal, raised in Laval, now in Outremont/TMR on my end.

Freaky Habs Fan 08-21-2011 10:53 AM

It would have been interesting to put the provinces and not only the divisions of Montreal...just saying.

Coldplay 08-21-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 36088903)
It would have been interesting to put the provinces and not only the divisions of Montreal...just saying.

To be fair, this is the "Montreal Canadiens", so I assume most fans are in the city/province. :)

CareyClutch 08-21-2011 11:04 AM

Le plateau

ClasslessGuy 08-21-2011 11:05 AM

Gatineau

Hullois 08-21-2011 11:12 AM

Hull

patsbury 08-21-2011 11:14 AM

Born in Drummondville, now in Ahuntsic :)

Licou 08-21-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 36088903)
It would have been interesting to put the provinces and not only the divisions of Montreal...just saying.

God forbid that the MONTREAL Canadiens are followed by a majority of Montrealers...

Le Tricolore 08-21-2011 11:19 AM

South Shore.

Crimson Skorpion 08-21-2011 11:43 AM

Le Plateau.

ChoseLa 08-21-2011 11:50 AM

Mile End represent.

jacklours 08-21-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Licou (Post 36089177)
God forbid that the MONTREAL Canadiens are followed by a majority of Montrealers...

I would think the majority of followers are NOT from Montreal

Analyzer 08-21-2011 11:56 AM

The frew. 15-20 minutes away from the Quebec bored, osti. Though, I lived in Westmount for a bit.

Seb 08-21-2011 11:58 AM

Plateau reprznt

Beaker 08-21-2011 12:01 PM

South Shore baby. St-Bruno represent.

Ghetto Sangria 08-21-2011 12:04 PM


Beaker 08-21-2011 12:11 PM


Goldthorpe 08-21-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 36088765)
Copying this idea from the Leafs board (don't ask). Bored.

I tried to condense as many as I could, but there's only 15 poll options allowed, so forgive any grouping with other boroughs/neighbourhoods you may or may not like. :D

Poll's up.

If you are interested, I made something similar last year, polling the habs board around 4 questions. The results can be found here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822775
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822777
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822780
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822779

Crimson Skorpion 08-21-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 36090047)
If you are interested, I made something similar last year, polling the habs board around 4 questions. The results can be found here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822775
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822777
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822780
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822779

The last poll, wow. 217 males, 13 females. :laugh:

Nidema's comment in that thread still makes me laugh.

Habsfan18 08-21-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 36090111)
The last poll, wow. 217 males, 13 females. :laugh:

Nidema's comment in that thread still makes me laugh.

Speaking of Nidema, he hasn't been logged on since July 1st. I hope everything is alright.

As for the poll. Born and raised in Ontario. Grew up about an hour from the Quebec border.

neofury* 08-21-2011 12:20 PM

Why is Dorval not part of the West Island, am I missing something? Dorval is very much West Island.

Cote Saint Luc/Lachine/Hampstead/Dorval/Westmount/"Le Sud Ouest"

Lolwut, unless there are two Dorval's the one I know of is like a 5 min drive away and 1 bus ride 15 mins away tops. Westmount, CSL are much further.

Lachine also is very close to west island but not considered to be. Still Lachine borders on Dorval, I can get there much faster than say Westmount or CSL.

Double checked because I thought maybe I was wrong, it's possible as Dorval and St-Anne de Bellevue are at opposite ends of the west island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorval

But yeah sure enough Dorval is technically west island.

With St-Anne's I was really unsure but sure enough wiki confirms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainte-...llevue,_Quebec

Funny because with St-Anne I really thought it could be considered it's own thing like Senneville.

EDIT: Okay even Senneville counts apparently it's Ile Bizard that doesn't, anyways list is:

Baie-d'Urfé · Beaconsfield · Dollard-des-Ormeaux · Dorval · Kirkland · L'Île-Dorval · Pointe-Claire · Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue · Senneville

24stanleycups* 08-21-2011 12:40 PM

I'm curious about the percentage of fans in each province.
I'm from Nova Scotia and I can tell you it's split right down the middle between habs and leafs, few bruins fans here and there too.
What are the other provinces like?
I think New brunswick is mostly habs fans, and PEI is probabley about the same as NS.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 08-21-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24stanleycups (Post 36090513)
I'm curious about the percentage of fans in each province.
I'm from Nova Scotia and I can tell you it's split right down the middle between habs and leafs, few bruins fans here and there too.
What are the other provinces like?
I think New brunswick is mostly habs fans, and PEI is probabley about the same as NS.

PEI is more Leafs I think. NS has quite the bunch of Pens fans.. for understandable reasons. NB on the other hand... mostly Habs. I can see a close split if the Nordiques come back.

Anyway, right now: outside of PQ (Ontario), but St Hilaire & Brossard represent!! :p:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.