HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eklund Rumor: Sabres-Flames-Isles trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=972083)

Maximrules 08-21-2011 01:23 PM

Sabres-Flames-Isles trade
 
I know it's Eklund, but:

"I'm hearing that Calgary has been discussing a possible trade with both the Sabres and Islanders. This is something that might go down as early as today or possibly over the weekend."

Out of curiosity, who do you think it might involve? it sounds like a 3-team trade so might it involve Iginla?

Just something to throw around since there isn't much going on.

Flamesjustwin 08-21-2011 01:26 PM

Zero chance it involves Iginla. Probably Nik Hagman for a pick.

Ice Cream Man 08-21-2011 01:26 PM

Tom Kostopolous for John Tavares, and then Niklas Hagman for Thomas Vanek.

Try and prove to me this isn't the rumoured trade.

Bennett Brauer 08-21-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximrules (Post 36092251)
I know it's Eklund, but:

"I'm hearing that Calgary has been discussing a possible trade with both the Sabres and Islanders. This is something that might go down as early as today or possibly over the weekend."

Out of curiosity, who do you think it might involve? it sounds like a 3-team trade so might it involve Iginla?

Just something to throw around since there isn't much going on.

I never went on his site, but from everyone's reaction on different rumors, doesn't sound like he's a credible source. Why do people still go on his site?

UConn126 08-21-2011 02:00 PM

This will happen right after Doughty gets traded for Marchand. Gotta love Eklund.

MyersMagic57* 08-21-2011 02:05 PM

Trading Morrisonn to the Isles for a late pick seems like a possibility since he is signed for one more year and doesn't fit in the Sabres defense or salary cap for next season. Out of all the viable teams that we could trade Morrisonn to, I think he would be the best fit for the Islanders

FlamesFan6612 08-21-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man (Post 36092313)
Tom Kostopolous for John Tavares, and then Niklas Hagman for Thomas Vanek.

Try and prove to me this isn't the rumoured trade.

More like Stajan for Tavares. Then its even.

Johnny Hockey 08-21-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieux66lemieux (Post 36093137)
More like Stajan for Tavares. Then its even.

Nah stajan isn't as good now but he will be better. Not sure I would give a 7th rounder for Tavares. :sarcasm:

keslehr* 08-21-2011 02:31 PM

Not a chance it will be true, but here's my predicted trade:

to :isles

Hecht

to :flames

Eaton
NYI 2012 7th round draft pick

to :sabres

CGY 2012 5th round draft pick

The Illusive Man 08-21-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgs4853 (Post 36092917)
I never went on his site, but from everyone's reaction on different rumors, doesn't sound like he's a credible source. Why do people still go on his site?

Some people are dense enough to think he might actually start posting good info for once, I think he gets something right every thousand or so tries and it's usually really minor stuff.

InfinityIggy 08-21-2011 02:35 PM

I imagine if it is true it will involve Hagman and maybe Stajan going to the Islanders.

boredmale 08-21-2011 02:38 PM

The Islanders need a top 4 defenseman, so do either Flames or Buffalo have one they willing to trade

HoshiBlitz 08-21-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslehr (Post 36093627)
Not a chance it will be true, but here's my predicted trade:

to :isles

Hecht

to :flames

Eaton
NYI 2012 7th round draft pick

to :sabres

CGY 2012 5th round draft pick

Wait wahhhh? Hell to the no from Flames. Eaton wouldn't even crack our top 6 and would be behind Brodie too. Does not make sense.

neofury* 08-21-2011 02:41 PM

In my opinion Isles desperately need proven star power such as Iginla. It could be a franchise changer for them. They need to start putting together a team for all those young players so that they get the fans back into the stands!

keslehr* 08-21-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoshiBlitz (Post 36093781)
Wait wahhhh? Hell to the no from Flames. Eaton wouldn't even crack our top 6 and would be behind Brodie too. Does not make sense.

Like I said, I literally just made up a random trade, like Eklund does...

boredmale 08-21-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 36093795)
In my opinion Isles desperately need proven star power such as Iginla. It could be a franchise changer for them. They need to start putting together a team for all those young players so that they get the fans back into the stands!

In order for that to happen the Flames would have to want to actively trade Iginla

Canuckfan4Life2 08-21-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslehr (Post 36093811)
Like I said, I literally just made up a random trade, like Eklund does...

Actually lol


http://hockeyfuzz.ca/eklund-trade-generator/

octopi 08-21-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 (Post 36093861)

There's a better, funnier version of this that includes bobbleheads, buckets of fried chicken, zambonis and buckets of pucks.

AtlantaWhaler 08-21-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximrules (Post 36092251)
...might go down as early as today or possibly over the weekend."

It's Sunday, Ek. :shakehead

HoshiBlitz 08-21-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslehr (Post 36093811)
Like I said, I literally just made up a random trade, like Eklund does...

Would've come up with some Iggy or JBo shiz like he usually does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 (Post 36093861)

That is pretty awesome. :handclap:

Canuckfan4Life2 08-21-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octopi (Post 36093931)
There's a better, funnier version of this that includes bobbleheads, buckets of fried chicken, zambonis and buckets of pucks.

Seriously lol,link?

Kevin27nyi 08-21-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 (Post 36093109)
Trading Morrisonn to the Isles for a late pick seems like a possibility since he is signed for one more year and doesn't fit in the Sabres defense or salary cap for next season. Out of all the viable teams that we could trade Morrisonn to, I think he would be the best fit for the Islanders

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslehr (Post 36093627)
Not a chance it will be true, but here's my predicted trade:

to :isles

Hecht

to :flames

Eaton
NYI 2012 7th round draft pick

to :sabres

CGY 2012 5th round draft pick

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 36093687)
I imagine if it is true it will involve Hagman and maybe Stajan going to the Islanders.

None of this helps the Islanders.

neofury* 08-21-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmale (Post 36093837)
In order for that to happen the Flames would have to want to actively trade Iginla

Don't forget the way in which Iginla was acquired. Though now Iginla is the older player. Of course Flames could probably wait a couple more years until he loses value.

neofury* 08-21-2011 02:59 PM

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/rumourgen.htm
http://crazyweatherman.angelfire.com.../rumourgen.htm

Would be funny to make a blog on his site trolling him indirectly.

"I'm the neofury, I to have sources!"

Example post:

Elias to Rangers? (nf4)
According to my sources within the New Jersey Devils organization, the New York Rangers are willing to part with D Wade Redden, G Henrik Lundqvist, RW Marian Gaborik to obtain the services of LW Patrik Elias. Remember, you heard it here first!

octopi 08-21-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 (Post 36094029)
Seriously lol,link?

Pretty sure it's the one in post 25.It's usually just players/picks but occasional it throws in one of the gag answers.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.