HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Bogo to ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=972167)

topshelf15 08-21-2011 06:13 PM

Bogo to ottawa
 
I think he would round out our defensive pairings nicley what would it take to get him Iwas thinking maybe a package involving weircoch ,foligno and a second is it enough and if not what would it take :)

ErikKarlsson 08-21-2011 06:14 PM

Ottawa needs forwards not a young defenseman.

Shanny 08-21-2011 06:18 PM

.....nope

topshelf15 08-21-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson (Post 36097017)
Ottawa needs forwards not a young defenseman.

Yep i hear you but bogo paired with a simmerlar player to enstrom in karlson could be huge ,think bogo, EK pair and rundblad and cowen as a pair that looks pretty decent to me .Bogo likes the area and is close to home i think it would finish off our defense .

Lukus 08-21-2011 06:19 PM

If you do that, you then have to move two other D's as we already have a surplus there. Unless you can get a decent forward by trading two of the following... Gonchar, Kuba, Carkner, or Lee. But is anyone desperate enough to have a need for two of those guys? :sarcasm:

topshelf15 08-21-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanny (Post 36097123)
.....nope

Why not ??? our defense would be set:)

Shanny 08-21-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf15 (Post 36097129)
Yep i hear you but bogo paired with a simmerlar player to enstrom in karlson could be huge ,think bogo, EK pair and rundblad and cowen as a pair that looks pretty decent to me .Bogo likes the area and is close to home i think it would finish off our defense .

for what it would cost to acquire him....it makes absolutely no sense for Ottawa.

topshelf15 08-21-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukus (Post 36097135)
If you do that, you then have to move two other D's as we already have a surplus there. Unless you can get a decent forward by trading two of the following... Gonchar, Kuba, Carkner, or Lee. But is anyone desperate enough to have a need for two of those guys? :sarcasm:

Yeah throw lee into that package then ,waive kuba and pair phillips with gonchar

Shanny 08-21-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf15 (Post 36097153)
Why not ??? our defense would be set:)

or just wait until Weircioch, Boroweicki, Gryba develop, as well as draft a solid d-man next year...or for that matter explore the UFA market next year rather then blow our load on Bogosian...

topshelf15 08-21-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanny (Post 36097167)
for what it would cost to acquire him....it makes absolutely no sense for Ottawa.

If its our first or an EK then forget it ,but i just want to see how much it would take

topshelf15 08-21-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanny (Post 36097201)
or just wait until Weircioch, Boroweicki, Gryba develop, as well as draft a solid d-man next year...or for that matter explore the UFA market next year rather then blow our load on Bogosian...

For sure but we could gain an young nhl ready defender and its not like we have blown a real big wad to get him

Ouroboros 08-21-2011 06:25 PM

Start with Kuba.

topshelf15 08-21-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ouroboros (Post 36097255)
Start with Kuba.

Their gm hangs up right after their gm hears his name lol

Aznguy 08-21-2011 06:29 PM

I dont see bogo being that good to be honest. He has an offensive skillset but its no where near elite like karlssons or potentially rundblads. Also i havent watched him much but i hear he's not to physical with his big body. please correct me if i'm wrong if he's not physical enough but with attitude problems and not an elite skill set i wouldnt give to much for him

topshelf15 08-21-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aznguy (Post 36097355)
I dont see bogo being that good to be honest. He has an offensive skillset but its no where near elite like karlssons or potentially rundblads. Also i havent watched him much but i hear he's not to physical with his big body. please correct me if i'm wrong if he's not physical enough but with attitude problems and not an elite skill set i wouldnt give to much for him

He needs work for sure but most young defense men do,i have not heard to many things about his attitude and he seems to look like a player that needs a change .He looks like he would be a good risk for us to take :)

wayne98 08-21-2011 06:36 PM

I think Ottawa would have to give up one of EK, Cowan, Runblad . Plus add a little to make this deal. Not sure if I would do it! Bogo can be great, but so can those guys

Finnish your Czech 08-21-2011 06:42 PM

Cowen + silfverberg + 2nd

DuckEatinShark 08-21-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanny (Post 36097201)
or just wait until Weircioch, Boroweicki, Gryba develop, as well as draft a solid d-man next year...or for that matter explore the UFA market next year rather then blow our load on Bogosian...

:naughty:
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

BigTuna49 08-21-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aznguy (Post 36097355)
I dont see bogo being that good to be honest. He has an offensive skillset but its no where near elite like karlssons or potentially rundblads. Also i havent watched him much but i hear he's not to physical with his big body. please correct me if i'm wrong if he's not physical enough but with attitude problems and not an elite skill set i wouldnt give to much for him

He is more of an offensive guy that can be a very good two-way d-man with his skating and size. What you hear can be misleading. He wasn't that physical last year because that was how the team was coached. He has always been pegged as a physical defenseman and was two years ago. You should probably stop listening to whoever is telling you this. The attitude problems are overblown. The kid will be fine.

SensFan26 08-21-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne98 (Post 36097479)
I think Ottawa would have to give up one of EK, Cowan, Runblad . Plus add a little to make this deal. Not sure if I would do it! Bogo can be great, but so can those guys

:shakehead

Murray will never trade Karlsson and will likely hang onto the other two and take his chances that they will develop into good defensemen. No need to break the bank to get Bogosion at this point.

Aznguy 08-21-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech (Post 36097581)
Cowen + silfverberg + 2nd

your crazy. cowen will end up as good or almost as good or even better than bogosian. With the addition of silfverberg and a 2nd makes this dumb

Shrimper 08-21-2011 07:00 PM

Ottawa need to think about how they're going to replace Alfreddson when he decides enough is enough and retires. They'd be better of bringing in a player with the calibre to adequately replace him than another defenceman.

SpezDispenser 08-21-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimper (Post 36097911)
Ottawa need to think about how they're going to replace Alfreddson when he decides enough is enough and retires. They'd be better of bringing in a player with the calibre to adequately replace him than another defenceman.

I feel they have their bases covered right now. Zibanejad and Silfverberg both come to mind as guys who can play the game at a high level and play a 2-way game.

Add to that a likely lottery pick next year (combined with our scouting) and I think the Sens are fine in that regard.

SpezDispenser 08-21-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech (Post 36097581)
Cowen + silfverberg + 2nd

No.

Unless this is a relatively soft trade (and why would it), the Sens can't do it. Certainly not for 2 of their top 5 prospects (of a top 5 prospect pool) + a high pick.

topshelf15 08-21-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech (Post 36097581)
Cowen + silfverberg + 2nd

Not for bogo we the jets would have to add:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.